Tuxedo on formal night

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Why do you have that many? You don't have a washing machine?  You are a hoarder?

I have tee shirts from every cruise port and every city I have vacationed in plus my college tee shirt and message tee shirts.I am not a hoarder.

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm looking for the white shoes pic

Here is my blast from the past. Granted this picture was taken over 30 years ago. I loved this white dinner jacket that was a different cut. I kind of had that waiter look.

WHITE TUX.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Here is my blast from the past. Granted this picture was taken over 30 years ago. I loved this white dinner jacket that was a different cut. I kind of had that waiter look.

WHITE TUX.jpeg

I find it interesting that many people who do not normally post pictures of themselves have posted tux pictures😀

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I find it interesting that many people who do not normally post pictures of themselves have posted tux pictures😀

Better that than a pic wearing a wrinkled tee shirt and basketball shorts.😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Love the white dinner jacket look. Very classy, you wear it well.

Very chic, the shoes match the jacket

I pretty much wear these shoes everywhere on and off the ship

722912415_MarinerFormalMay22018.thumb.jpg.5a6af0eed91102152815e7777d44853d.jpg

But I do bring black dancing shoes for this ensemble

Definitely more subdued 

384505989_MarinerFormalApril2018.thumb.jpg.4fbe5ba2dc1b9bc94060dadf86b5c0f8.jpg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have tee shirts from every cruise port and every city I have vacationed in plus my college tee shirt and message tee shirts.I am not a hoarder.

I went thru that stage

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We've been in pj's and gym ware daily, the last umpteen months. I want to get out and celebrate

And I think a lot of people will feel the same and want to celebrate and dress up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Well as can be expected just as I was heading out I discovered a plumbing emergency. Shopping trip postponed for wiggling around on my back in the dirt in the crawl space.  A less than stellar day let me tell you.  Tuxedo's will wait to tomorrow. 🙂 

Good luck with your search and have a great time in Alaska.

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

WHITE TUX.jpeg

I've passed for a Head Waiter before. We were on NCL Gem in an owners suite, and I had a couple to many martinis. At dinner, between courses, I walked around the dining room asking if everyone's food was to their liking. I really don't remember it. I was told about it the next day. Apparently Laura had to call the concierge to help get me back to the suite

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

All I do is post pictures, most are not of me, because I am generally the photographer😉

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I've passed for a Head Waiter before. We were on NCL Gem in an owners suite, and I had a couple to many martinis. At dinner, between courses, I walked around the dining room asking if everyone's food was to their liking. I really don't remember it. I was told about it the next day. Apparently Laura had to call the concierge to help get me back to the suite

Winner! Story of the day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Winner! Story of the day.

I've got another one, same jacket, less alcohol.

We were at the GE dinner during the NAHB show in Orlando. Lots of tuxes, not many dinner jackets.

Anyway, they always have a comic entertain after dinner, and it's always a secret.

As dinner was winding down and before the show started, I got up and walked backstage to snoop.

No one the wiser, I looked like a head waiter. I then came back to the table and said it was Jeff Foxworthy. Tablemates questioned my source, so I said I saw him.😉

And then we enjoyed a Jeff Foxworthy routine.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was not referring to you.I know you post pictures.😀

I've enjoyed the others.

You know the best thing about this thread?

It's not covid related. chill out, let the man buy a tux tomorrow

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, soremekun said:

While I do admit it is nice seeing people dressed up on formal night, I think it is a money grab by the cruise line.  Dressed nice?  Well take some pictures.... using our photographers ofcourse!

I will say this about Royal, the paparazzi were almost non existent on our cruise in 2019. They were stationed throughout the ship and people were having pictures taken but they weren't up in your face at every turn like I have experienced on other lines. 

14 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had a goatee for a very short time .Mrs.66 prefers my full beard that I have had for 51 years although it is much shorter now and white.

Goatee works with my shaved head. I also don't grow much facial hair on my cheeks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I will say this about Royal, the paparazzi were almost non existent on our cruise in 2019. They were stationed throughout the ship and people were having pictures taken but they weren't up in your face at every turn like I have experienced on other lines. 

I like to get them to let you be more creative in the poses.  Sometimes they resist, they have certain stock poses, but it's great when they let you have fun with it

• Like 1