Tuxedo on formal night

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm lurking on your FB page wanting to know why you're holding back

Lol, and those are only a few pics. I have many more. Trying to stay low key. 😉

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That’s great that you took tuxedos and gowns.

We did not and we didn’t see anyone in them. On our three Alaskan sailings from 2004 our last one was the least formal from the attire we saw. Perhaps it was because ours was a south bound one way and individuals didn’t want to take the extra attire on precruise adventures. Some will dress up and others not. Kudos to those that do. 

Ours is obviously a round trip and I'll be in the NW for most of the fall so we will be driving in to port.  Luggage won't be an impediment for us.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

It is meant to be more than just eating food.  For us it's a time to celebrate all the good that life has provided.  That I am able to live the life I do and have the experiences I have is a truly miraculous thing.

I admire you for that. I feel the same way. Live to the fullest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Love it. Looks very fun.

It's also fun telling people I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt on formal night and then sit back and wait for the judgement, before showing them this picture. 😈😁

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Pardon my ignorance but what is that?

A Mac jacket, short for Mackinaw, was an oversized red plaid heavy shirt/jacket that was often worn as a lining of your jean jacket and sometimes worn independently.  Every self respecting Canadian teenager in the late 70's early 80's wore one.  

In this clip Bob is wearing one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Every self respecting Canadian teenager in the late 70's early 80's wore one.  

I remember the look. I never knew there was a name for it. Thanks I now learned something new today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Sometimes I wear a suit to work, sometimes people would describe my work clothes as "looking like I'm homeless". It can range anywhere in between. Depends on what I'm doing.

Certain dining times are moments of celebration for us. Our dress and dining experience on board a cruise on formal nights is one of those times.  It is meant to be more than just eating food.  For us it's a time to celebrate all the good that life has provided.  That I am able to live the life I do and have the experiences I have is a truly miraculous thing.  I am so ever grateful.  Everyday, through my work, I see the tragedy that my life could have ended being. 

I understand that for many people that they are on vacation and can't be bothered to dress in any particular way.  I acknowledge that packing suits and fancy dress is a cost and inconvenience.  However, for me, this is one of the ways that I honor all that I have been privileged to live.  

These comments might seem a little hyperbolic for a formal dress thread and for that I apologize, but if you knew the rest of my story you'd understand each day is a gift I didn't deserve. I'm going to hallow each one of them.

Each day for me is a gift because I have two illnesses for which there is no cure.