Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs

Just now, DWBirdman said:

Problem is, this would put RC into a cruise cancel position and then have to write millions in checks.

RCs driver is revenue. They hope to entice everyone possible.

And in their hopes to entice everyone, they run the risk of alienating everyone. Their plan may end up working, I have no crystal ball here. I just think once people realize they have to wear masks everywhere on Royal, but not on other lines, it MIGHT cause people to change plans.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The CDC officially said it, in absence of 95% vaccinated passengers, the entire ship follows unvaccinated protocols. 

So it's still just speculation then. 

6 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

So it's still just speculation then. 

I am still not sure why you believe published CDC guidance as part of the official CSO is speculation, but you are entitled to your opinion.

On 6/9/2021 at 12:03 PM, Moltar said:

Like I said, as dumb as you can get. 5 grand and possibly 5 years in jail for a cruise? Pretty sure anyone debating that is clinically insane.

Not even to mention that someone would have to be pretty evil to fake that they got vaccinated. It’s one thing to claim the choice and not get it, but then …

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

I am still not sure why you believe published CDC guidance as part of the official CSO is speculation, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Umm.  Because it feels good to believe that. Ignoring the obvious hoping it will just go away.  I have one adult daughter who has lived most of her life that way. I love her to pieces, but her approach has never been an easy or successful one. 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

but not on other lines, it MIGHT cause people to change plans

How do you know they won't be on other lines as well. All the CDC has to do is leave that mandate in place forever and if some people here are to be believed in their views then  the evil cruise industry will go out of business. And  if it does not the CDC would succeed in possibly greatly reduce the spread of Cold/Flu on cruise ships and therefore on land as well.

39 minutes ago, tserface said:

Not even to mention that someone would have to be pretty evil to fake that they got vaccinated. It’s one thing to claim the choice and not get it, but then …

People think they won't get caught. Look at how many people lie on the health questionnaires. 

8 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

How do you know they won't be on other lines as well. All the CDC has to do is leave that mandate in place forever and if some people here are to be believed in their views then  the evil cruise industry will go out of business. And  if it does not the CDC would succeed in possibly greatly reduce the spread of Cold/Flu on cruise ships and therefore on land as well.

I don't. All I can go on is the info we have today. It's not worth looking more than 2-3 months out with respect to these topics, the situations will change too much.

I do not believe the rules will stay in place forever, especially since the CSO has to expire at some point. Unless we are in the midst of a pandemic & Federal State of Emergency forever (subject for a TOTALLY different forum) then the CSO will eventually expire. I don't buy into any of the conspiracy theories that the CDC wants to secretly destroy the cruise industry.

1 hour ago, tserface said:

Absolutely it’s an absolutely deplorable act to consider.

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No, not speculation; federal statute.  Not hard to understand

Thanks but I’ll wait until releases it’s protocols. Until the it’s the same back and forth hypotheticals. 

4 hours ago, jrapps said:

I don’t have an opinion I was asking if Royal released anything not  what cdc regulations are.  Obviously they have not, but you are entitled to your opinion, but you still know nothing. 

1 hour ago, FredZiffle said:

No, the whole picture is not there.  Your link is to a news article that puts its own spin on the story.  If you read the actual study results, the purpose was to suggest that if there was a vaccine shortage, providers should prioritize providing it to individuals who had not been previously infected because those individuals currently had reasonable protection.  It made no predictions how long that protection would last and pointed out that it likely would not be effective against variants.  The recommendation of the study authors was that even if you have been infected, you should still get the vaccine.

The whole picture is they have no idea how long protection is from the so called “vaccine”. In a few months they are going to tell you you need another shot and then yearly. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jrapps said:

I don't. All I can go on is the info we have today. It's not worth looking more than 2-3 months out with respect to these topics, the situations will change too much.

I do not believe the rules will stay in place forever, especially since the CSO has to expire at some point. Unless we are in the midst of a pandemic & Federal State of Emergency forever (subject for a TOTALLY different forum) then the CSO will eventually expire. I don't buy into any of the conspiracy theories that the CDC wants to secretly destroy the cruise industry.

Jrapps, don’t get caught up in Ace’s “forever masks” mantra.  He will do this all day, every day if you play along. 😉

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

The whole picture is they have no idea how long protection is from the so called “vaccine”. In a few months they are going to tell you you need another shot and then yearly. 

True.  They are already saying that we'll need a booster.  Doesn't bother me.  Whatever it takes to conquer this virus.

Edited by FredZiffle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

So, if we have no idea how long protection lasts from the "so called vaccine" or natural infection, then what is your proposed plan on how the US should restart cruising safely and normally? If it involves opening the floodgates and allowing cruises with zero restrictions starting today, then I think you're living on a different island of reality from the rest of us.

1 hour ago, sm3ds said:

Thanks but I’ll wait until releases it’s protocols. Until the it’s the same back and forth hypotheticals. 

1 hour ago, sm3ds said:

I don’t have an opinion I was asking if Royal released anything not  what cdc regulations are.  Obviously they have not, but you are entitled to your opinion, but you still know nothing. 

RCG agreed to do test cruises. They can’t release protocols any less restrictive than what has been posted. 
However, you can certainly “wait and see”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Jrapps, don’t get caught up in Ace’s “forever masks” mantra.  He will do this all day, every day if you play along. 😉

Just like sm3ds's federal protocols are "hypothetical" until published by Royal. It's just not worth responding anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOOKBOOKBOOK said:

So, if we have no idea how long protection lasts from the "so called vaccine" or natural infection, then what is your proposed plan on how the US should restart cruising safely and normally? If it involves opening the floodgates and allowing cruises with zero restrictions starting today, then I think you're living on a different island of reality from the rest of us.

Human immune system is very complex. Antibodies counts may drop but your T cells and B cells may still have memory. These cells may still know how to fight the virus for a long time. Booster will help to keep your system remember this virus and and train you system to know who are the new bad cousins.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

RCG agreed to do test cruises. They can’t release protocols any less restrictive than what has been posted. 
However, you can certainly “wait and see”

There's a lawsuit going on and ongoing negotiations with all the parties. I just wanted to know if anything new had been officially posted. It was a simple yes or no question and it seems the answer is no. I'm looking at possibly booking a cruise for Christmas break. I'd just like to find a cruise line that sets a policy and sticks with it. MSC is looking like the best choice at this time.