Silver Moon maiden call at Piraeus

CretaMed88

We are in Greece (not in Athens) and have been touring the mainland and islands since May 21st.  Everything is really returning to normal, the Greek people are really happy to see tourists return!  This Saturday they are allowing music to return to restaurants and cafes which is a big thing for the Greek people.

We are vaccinated and the trip was on American Airlines from Dallas to London and connecting via British Air to Athens.  Everything went very smoothly and those of you coming to Greece to board the Moon should have no problems in traveling.  Just fill out the arrival forms on line and show your vaccination card on arrival.

More than likely you will be surprised by how “open” Greece really is and we are rarely asked to wear a mask (happy to do so when asked) except on public transportation.  

We will be in Crete near Souza Bay when the Moon arrives and look forward to seeing the ship.

we return to Athens on October 23rd to board the ship for our trip to Dubai.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TRIPACIAN said:

We are in Greece (not in Athens) and have been touring the mainland and islands since May 21st.  Everything is really returning to normal, the Greek people are really happy to see tourists return!  This Saturday they are allowing music to return to restaurants and cafes which is a big thing for the Greek people.

We are vaccinated and the trip was on American Airlines from Dallas to London and connecting via British Air to Athens.  Everything went very smoothly and those of you coming to Greece to board the Moon should have no problems in traveling.  Just fill out the arrival forms on line and show your vaccination card on arrival.

More than likely you will be surprised by how “open” Greece really is and we are rarely asked to wear a mask (happy to do so when asked) except on public transportation.  

We will be in Crete near Souza Bay when the Moon arrives and look forward to seeing the ship.

we return to Athens on October 23rd to board the ship for our trip to Dubai.

Thanks for your report. May I ask, when you arrived at the airport......did you receive an email from the Greece website while you were traveling? Did you have to show that 2nd email to the folks at the airport to allow you in? I filled out the form on line but it says another confirmation is supposed to come but of course at that point I will be in the air.....just wondered how it worked out for you.

Thanks so much.

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Thanks for your report. May I ask, when you arrived at the airport......did you receive an email from the Greece website while you were traveling? Did you have to show that 2nd email to the folks at the airport to allow you in? I filled out the form on line but it says another confirmation is supposed to come but of course at that point I will be in the air.....just wondered how it worked out for you.

Thanks so much.

Yes, we got the Greek QR code via email while in the air traveling to London.  We were apprehensive but it worked exactly as they said it would.  

when boarding  the flight from London to Athens they asked to see it and upon arrival in Athens they checked it again.  We were also selected to be tested again in the Athens airport and we were swabbed and quickly processed.  It actually worked to our advantage because we were then in a very short line to go through immigration.  Everything was quick and easy!

when we got our taxi to the hotel our driver said we were the first Americans he had seen.  He wanted to stop and buy us a coffee but we politely refused.

Edited by TRIPACIAN
Sp
  • Like 1

Thanks so much......so I will just have to turn my phone on and check my email? I know the website said it is done at 12 midnight but that has to be Greek time.......not our time.  Example, I am flying over a day early....I arrive in Athens on 7/7.......is it going to come before I even fly out out on the 6th? It seems very confusing to me.  Or can I check the email after we land? 

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Thanks so much.

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Thanks so much......so I will just have to turn my phone on and check my email? I know the website said it is done at 12 midnight but that has to be Greek time.......not our time.  Example, I am flying over a day early....I arrive in Athens on 7/7.......is it going to come before I even fly out out on the 6th? It seems very confusing to me.  Or can I check the email after we land? 

Don’t worry you can check your email when you land I am sure you will have the code.

Thanks again........I will bring the hard copy of the first one and all the information I filled out on line too.

I already printed it out so they will know it is me.......all your personal information is on there, including your Passport number.  I will try not to stress over it. 

11 hours ago, CretaMed88 said:

A few days ago, SILVER MOON made her first ever call at Piraeus

Thanks for sharing this....so exciting.   Can't wait to catch up with her and/or the Dawn.  We love this class of ship having sailed the Muse pre Covid.

8 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi🙂........which is your favorite restaurant?

Hi Lois, It's hard to say......

The Muse back in 2019 had a superior Japanese restaurant, Kaiseki.  One of our favs

We liked La Dame but not sure why it's an uncharge.  The mushroom soup was the draw for us.  

We really loved Hot Rocks, not everyone does, but we loved cooking our own steak or chop....every bite was hot & juicy.  The staff will cook if you don't want to.  We love dinning on the deck at night...it's magical 

La Terrazza is usually themed.....Italian Night was the best, but the Pizza restaurant on deck 11 was perfect for a quick "light" meal with a great glass of Chianti.

I think the Moon and Dawn have some dinning modifications compared to the Muse (back then).   

Can't wait to see what Silversea has up its' sleeve.

Wishing you an amazingly wonderful cruise around Greece.  

Thanks so much...I love Terrazza too😃.....I think it is Italian every night actually.  I enjoyed Hot Rocks too.

I can't wait to try The SALT Kitchen!.......and that SALT BAR😃

• Like 3