I can’t wait to.....

When I finally get on the ship, I can’t wait to run to the Schooner bar and have my first cocktail.. 

I also can’t wait to get to our stateroom to check it out and then hang out on the balcony

Head up to the SL and look at the view

what are you looking forward to?

• Like 8

All of it! I can't wait to drive up to the pier and see the ship there and, as I do every single time, marvel at how big cruise ships are. (We're sailing on Serenade, so NOT a mega-ship.) I can't wait for that feeling I get when I board the ship and every last bit of tension leaves my body and I feel totally relaxed. I can't wait for that first celebratory tropical cocktail and my first lunch at the Windjammer. I can't wait for my waiter to put the napkin in my lap before my first dinner at the MDR. I can't wait to have breakfast outside as the ship is pulling into port. I can't wait to see that aqua-blue, Caribbean water. I can't wait to play mini-golf on a moving ship. I can't wait for my first towel animal. I can't wait to hear, "This is your captain..." I can't wait to hear the sound of my Seapass card being scanned. I can't wait to actually experience - rather than vicariously experiencing - all the fantastic shore excursions I'm researching and planning. I can't wait to cruise again!

Edited by printingchick
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

When I finally get on the ship, I can’t wait to run to the Schooner bar and have my first cocktail.. 

I also can’t wait to get to our stateroom to check it out and then hang out on the balcony

I'm with you, first stop will be Schooner, then a wander about the Centrum and check out the MDR then up the elevator and a lap around the Lido deck then up top to the CL for a second drink and a seat to oversee all the early comings and goings.  After that lunch. I'm still deciding between Windjammer and Chops.  I can't decide.

• Like 2

Can't wait to:

use the shampoo/body wash combo.

see dirty plates in the hallways.

get on an elevator and see all of the buttons have been pressed.

find that stateroom with an upside down pineapple on the door.

see people touch buffet food with their hands.

be hassled for a tip by a porter.

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 9
  • Haha 4

I can't wait to step foot on board. That first step will be a epiphany. It will be the first signal of my official retirement. I was going to retire last year but COVID cancelled my retirement cruise. I decided to keep on working and did a L&S and this November 7th (knock on wood) will be the realization of a over 40 year dream.

• Like 15

I can’t wait to hear the announcement that rooms have opened up. To GOTO the room and just plop on the bed. To have that nagging feeling that I really should get up - that there’s so much to see and do and I’m just wasting my entire vacation. Then not getting up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

Being physically able to do all of the above.I enter cruise ships in a wheelchair.Last year during the pandemic I had two experimental surgeries .They were not a success but I am not giving up.

• Like 5

To see the first complaint on CC as to why so and so had to wear a hat in the MDR or it is formal night and someone has on a polo shirt....That would mean we are really back to cruising...no longer something talked about...but actual cruising

• Like 2

To see our cruising buddies. We haven't seen them since our last cruise. Although we've had a number of voom happy hours etc. But sharing time with them on another adventure on the seas is going to be wonderful. At this point, I wouldn't even mind hearing RCL 'hawk' their crap while we're enjoying a dinner in the MDR. Which BTW, is a big pet peeve of mine. 

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

Can't wait to:

use the shampoo/body wash combo.

see dirty plates in the hallways.

get on an elevator and see all of the buttons have been pressed.

find that stateroom with an upside down pineapple on the door.

see people touch buffet food with their hands.

be hassled for a tip by a porter.

That's the cruiser spirit! 😒

• Haha 1

Ahhh, first stepping on board the Allure on September 12, grabbing a quick bite from the Park Cafe, along with a libation from the first bar I see, and then probably heading to On-Air to watch the Indianapolis Colts vs the Seahawks at 1pm! Really enjoy watching our Colts play, especially on a ship!! Happy cruising and cheers to all!!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

But have you ever watched them on the Indy?

We were on the Indy way back on October 25, 2015 but I've slept since then, so, sadly, can't remember. If they were playing that day, I am sure we were watching!