RC just announced vaxxed passengers on AoS must get rapid test at checkin

17 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

I know several people who got the VAX then got COVID.  

You need to thoroughly research that, it's not exactly what it seems.  Situations matter, were they fully vaxd?  In most cases, the efficacy hadn't gone high enough to protect them while they had been exposed between jabs, etc.  To say that all those people were not protected from Covid with vaccination is incorrect.  Just research it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Our original CDC vaccination cards will not be leaving our possession. They are with our passports. I don't really know what you are thinking with this "hand over" of the cards. Someone can confirm providers and vaccines with photocopies or photos if they want to. :classic_tongue:

I have both passie and card in a plastic waterproof around my neck for the initial checkin, flights etc.  Then in the safe.  No problemo

Also, Royal or whoever is giving them this advice don't seem to know how vax works. 

They don't prevent infection.  They merely jumpstart the response to the point where the infection is cleared quickly. 

Those two on Celebrity Millennium might have been on day 2 of a 3 day cycle.  The problem is the testing.  When you test, you find.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Also, Royal or whoever is giving them this advice don't seem to know how vax works. 

They don't prevent infection.  They merely jumpstart the response to the point where the infection is cleared quickly. 

Those two on Celebrity Millennium might have been on day 2 of a 3 day cycle.  The problem is the testing.  When you test, you find.

and some here don't either.  and CDC doesn't recommend testing for vaccinated unless symptoms so a catch 22

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

You need to thoroughly research that, it's not exactly what it seems.  Situations matter, were they fully vaxd?  In most cases, the efficacy hadn't gone high enough to protect them while they had been exposed between jabs, etc.  To say that all those people were not protected from Covid with vaccination is incorrect.  Just research it.

I don’t need to research it.  Both my husbands BF and a family member got COVID after their two jabs.  One had Moderna the other Phizer! 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

I don’t need to research it.  Both my husbands BF and a family member got COVID after their two jabs.  One had Moderna the other Phizer! 

There are other extenuating circumstances that may have led that to happen, maybe you haven't read about that yet...no one is exempt from learning and from that learning, altering opinion.  I don't know about you, but I always want to know the absolute truth about something, there's too much bull out there to know the difference.

1 hour ago, boatseller said:

Sorry, but You are the one who doesn't understand the vax.  It does prevent your getting the disease in most people.  That is on the CDC front page.  And most physicians will concur.  What do you think 93% efficacy means?  And who do you think is giving them advice?  Social Media bloggers?  They have a panel of reliable and ethical physicians and immunologists whose reputations you can peruse right on the Healthy Sail Panel page at RCCL.com.  Just because one says something doesn't make it so!  That is why I think people should research it themselves...if you disagree with me....go find it....from a reliable source.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Babe said:

I also know similar personal friends/relatives.  

• Like 1

You guys can debate about who knows this and who knows that, and who needs to research and who doesn’t, but all I want right now is my taste and smell to return. Simple pleasures!

😉

Edited by crzndeb

14 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Sorry, but You are the one who doesn't understand the vax.  It does prevent your getting the disease in most people.  That is on the CDC front page.  And most physicians will concur.  What do you think 93% efficacy means?  And who do you think is giving them advice?  Social Media bloggers?  They have a panel of reliable and ethical physicians and immunologists whose reputations you can peruse right on the Healthy Sail Panel page at RCCL.com.  Just because one says something doesn't make it so!  That is why I think people should research it themselves...if you disagree with me....go find it....from a reliable source.

No, sorry.  As of today, I'm 100% right.

It's a very subtle difference but as of right now there is no data to suggest that any of the CCV vaccines provide sterilising immunity.

The current vaccines merely prevent SC2, which is the case with most vaccines.  

So yes, I have researched it. I recommend you do the same thing.  And you forgot to mention the cadre of the lawyers, PR people, and bureaucrats also on the healthy sale panel.  It's been clear for over a year that actual science and data aren't part of the discussion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

You guys can debate about who knows this and who knows that, and who needs to research and who doesn’t, but all I want right now is my taste and smell to return. Simple pleasures!

😉

How long has it been?  Some say it does take a bit.  some say some vitamins/nutrients help.  I had no problems with this and was fortunate.  Just the antibodies.  I did/do take many natural items vitamins/minerals since even before Mar 2020.  A friend I know did find smelling they actually could smell and doing it again with more of that item did help (or at least she thought so ) regain her sense of smell.  Hard to describe in a simple post.  Hope yours is back soon.

16 minutes ago, boatseller said:

No, sorry.  As of today, I'm 100% right.

It's a very subtle difference but as of right now there is no data to suggest that any of the CCV vaccines provide sterilising immunity.

The current vaccines merely prevent SC2, which is the case with most vaccines.  

So yes, I have researched it. I recommend you do the same thing.  And you forgot to mention the cadre of the lawyers, PR people, and bureaucrats also on the healthy sale panel.  It's been clear for over a year that actual science and data aren't part of the discussion.

Yes, you are right, and clearly that includes your information as well.  BTW I'm done with your discussion

Edited by BecciBoo

5 minutes ago, sept10dsm said:

How long has it been?  Some say it does take a bit.  some say some vitamins/nutrients help.  I had no problems with this and was fortunate.  Just the antibodies.  I did/do take many natural items vitamins/minerals since even before Mar 2020.  A friend I know did find smelling they actually could smell and doing it again with more of that item did help (or at least she thought so ) regain her sense of smell.  Hard to describe in a simple post.  Hope yours is back soon.

Never had any symptoms at all but the big "D"..yeah, TMI

8 minutes ago, sept10dsm said:

This is 3rd day, but I’m wondering if it has to do with congestion, although it’s a weird congestion. I’m able to breath fine through my nose. I’ve been smelling essential oils (eucalyptus and tea tree) up close, and nothing. Congestion symptoms started Sunday. Oh well, I’m thankful if this is the worst of it. 

Edited by crzndeb

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

RC just changed the rules again for Bahamas cruises. Anyone July 19 and later needs a PCR test, at your own expense.

It makes zero sense to be making the rules more strict as time goes on

Why does it make zero sense?

It's quite obvious...Royal does not want any infected people on the ship. Period. Even vaccinated people who might have it, regardless of the statistics about breakthrough transmission rates. This is all about PR.

We may not like it, or agree with it, but I at least understand it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Why does it make zero sense?

It's quite obvious...Royal does not want any infected people on the ship. Period. Even vaccinated people who might have it, regardless of the statistics about breakthrough transmission rates. This is all about PR.

We may not like it, or agree with it, but I at least understand it.

I don't understand ignoring science for positive PR. I don't understand making people pony up $150 per person to get a test to prove that a vaccinated person with a 0.01% chance of getting covid are still part of that 99.99%

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

RC just changed the rules again for Bahamas cruises. Anyone July 19 and later needs a PCR test, at your own expense.

It makes zero sense to be making the rules more strict as time goes on

+1. At this rate, it will never end and cruising will never return because they're setting themselves up for inevitable failure. 

Denying people boarding because the vax is working is even dumber than the CDC...oh, I wonder what ex-bureaucrat they hired...

The only solution is to end all testing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I don't understand ignoring science for positive PR. I don't understand making people pony up $150 per person to get a test to prove that a vaccinated person with a 0.01% chance of getting covid are still part of that 99.99%

Not the first (and certainty won't be the last) time a company had done something that defies any logic for PR.

This has nothing to do with covid, vaccines, science, masks, politics, any of it. This is 100% about avoiding bad publicity. Turning 50 people away at the port is not a story. 2 people testing positive onboard is a story.

Don't blame the player...blame the game 

• Like 2

I just received an email from RC for tomorrow’s sailing that states essentially that you will be denied boarding if you test positive or have had COVID symptoms in the 14 days before your cruise starts or have been exposed to it. 

“If for any reason you may not feel well or have any flu-like symptoms, please contact us ahead of time as we’ll sadly have to deny you boarding one of our ships.”

You are required to answer a series of questions to complete check in which includes all of the COVID questions we all know well (fever, cough, exposure, etc. in previous 14 days) And I assume the aforementioned language means if you did answer “yes” to any of the questions you will be denied boarding vaccinated or not. 

Luckily, I am able to truthfully answer no but I imagine nobody will actually be honest if they were exposed or had any of the symptoms. 

PS - got rapid antigen and negative so wish me luck that tomorrow’s rapid test in Nassau is same result haha. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Yes, you are right, and clearly that includes your information as well.  BTW I'm done with your discussion

You cannot have a discussion unless the other person is listening...but at least you tried.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

This is 3rd day, but I’m wondering if it has to do with congestion, although it’s a weird congestion. I’m able to breath fine through my nose. I’ve been smelling essential oils (eucalyptus and tea tree) up close, and nothing. Congestion symptoms started Sunday. Oh well, I’m thankful if this is the worst of it. 

That's good.  I could have to do with the congestion.  There are nutrients they say helps that but I don't want to post anything like that on a board.  So you are just sick now with it?  Hopefully it all clears up for you soon.  Be thankful that's the only thing.  Always helps to be that way I feel.  

• Like 1