Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

On 6/23/2021 at 4:33 PM, HBCcruiser said:

Oh be careful with that! I ordered a bottle of Veuve through Royal Gifts, never got a notice. Tried again to order through a rep, never got a notice - then POOF! I got an invoice last week showing that I have 2 bottles showing up on day 1. 😜  HAHA Fun sail away for us.

Yes, we can still bring on bottles. I saw that there is a wine shop close to the pier. Like you I am planning on bringing a few bottles on board. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/onboard-alcohol-guest-policy

Bring one aboard for me too please. (I need an adult beverage to enjoy on my balcony). <- JK, lol. (about the first half of the sentence).

18 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Complimentary Continental 

image.thumb.png.879fa700ef0519f3ecaf56374693b2d8.pngimage.thumb.png.1952c847e8c76fac2a682ad066dfeede.png

Thanks. I could've sworn I saw that the American breakfast was complimentary. I probably saw wrong. Makes more sense that just the Continental breakfast would be complimentary. I guess if I want to stay in my stateroom and eat breakfast in my "skivvies", I'll have to settle for Frosted Flakes. 😂

4 hours ago, MorganClark said:

Thanks. I could've sworn I saw that the American breakfast was complimentary. I probably saw wrong. Makes more sense that just the Continental breakfast would be complimentary. I guess if I want to stay in my stateroom and eat breakfast in my "skivvies", I'll have to settle for Frosted Flakes. 😂

put on some shorts, grab a plate full of food from the windjammer, then go back to your room for "comfortable dining". 

• Like 1

And a fine selection of desserts....

Key Lime Pie

image.png.94ca4027a1beac854205ad1c99dd4ad7.png

Grand Marnier Soufflé

image.png.8e7065dbfd0c95b31fe68d8f26a086f7.png

Summer Fruit Pavlova

image.png.d1968a7c75ed4bb99f88147b2ea20cf2.png

Caramel and Chocolate Brownie

image.png.7cb9764276bdd04046371dcf7e145df8.png

Bahamian Rum Cake

image.png.67b7356f2f170f75771109b5304b5144.png

Cherries Jubilee 

image.png.b8440376f235ef08fdeafcc21b70724c.png

Banana Foster

image.png.a8cfe3fa9fee1fbd299fbb1e7490e1d2.png

Apple Blossom 

image.png.5558520fc0b94b3e945044f364b55094.png

Baked Alaska

image.png.ea3dd196f25c845d03024fb029d9b2d6.png

• Like 6

On 6/16/2021 at 8:16 PM, rtazz17 said:

Nah,I go on cruises to be with other people. Thats the fun for us. Being on a deserted ship wouldnt be fun for us. To each their own but I would bet the majority of cruisers wouldnt enjoy an empty ship. Im not one who wants to be bothered by crew. I love people watching. 

I think on @BirdTravels, it was the "Goldilocks factor"; not too many people and no too little number of people. It was just right. I'm hoping my cruise on AOS on July 17th is the same way. It'll be nice not to have to fight the chair hogs for a recliner  near the pool!

Btw @BirdTravels, how was the chair availability near the main pool?

2 hours ago, MorganClark said:

Question is; do they also have Jefferson's Ocean bourbon?

There is a picture of the bourbon that was available on page 35 of this thread. I did not see any Jefferson’s Ocean. Jefferson’s Ocean is one of my favorites.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

There is a picture of the bourbon that was available on page 35 of this thread. I did not see any Jefferson’s Ocean. Jefferson’s Ocean is one of my favorites.

Awesome @Sea Dog! Brilliant minds think alike! 

https://jeffersonsbourbon.com/jeffersons-ocean/

As a matter of fact, I found a local store that carries it and I bought a bottle today. I'm currently having a glass to celebrate the 4th of July holiday weekend!

Sorry for the hijack of this thread. Carry on...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MorganClark said:

Brilliant minds think alike! 

I really like this bourbon. I am discovering that there are some great bourbons out there that are not allocated and not expensive. Look for Redemption wheated bourbon. You can find it in most stores for $40 and I would put it up against any of the Weller products for taste.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2021 at 11:19 AM, BirdTravels said:

Thank you.

It is the peer pressure when running with packs of kids on the ship. And there are parents who don’t care and/or are anti-mask and, despite multiple announcements, have their unmasked kids in the theater, not observing the blocked seats. It won’t kill them to sit two seats apart foe a 50 minute show. 

Are the kids over 12?  Then they may be vaccinated. My son just turned 15 and he is VA donated and won't be held to the same standards that unvaccinated will be held. If they are younger than 12 then it is a problem. 

4 hours ago, 4nzics said:

Are the kids over 12?  Then they may be vaccinated. My son just turned 15 and he is VA donated and won't be held to the same standards that unvaccinated will be held. If they are younger than 12 then it is a problem. 

The post is correct as stated. Not sure why you would challenge it. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 7:14 AM, MorganClark said:

The full American Breakfast items and the Continental Breakfast items were free onboard Adventure of the Seas out of Nassau. The door hangars were not updated because they required fancier techniques like die cutting that they couldn't do onboard. The menu pages in the rooms showed the correct information.

RoomService_2021_06_26.1.thumb.jpg.fea0504a9938b2baae1be1b2200cbf6a.jpg

RoomService_2021_06_26.2.thumb.jpg.2fa403003720eb56b6c91911601f9123.jpg

Edited by dswallow
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dswallow said:

The full American Breakfast items and the Continental Breakfast items were free onboard Adventure of the Seas out of Nassau. The door hangars were not updated because they required fancier techniques like die cutting that they couldn't do onboard. The menu pages in the rooms showed the correct information.

RoomService_2021_06_26.1.thumb.jpg.fea0504a9938b2baae1be1b2200cbf6a.jpg

RoomService_2021_06_26.2.thumb.jpg.2fa403003720eb56b6c91911601f9123.jpg

Sweet! Thanks for making my mornings onboard AOS. Now I can have an omlette instead of just Frosted Flakes while in my "skivvies" in my room each morning. 😃

Edited by MorganClark

On 6/12/2021 at 8:02 PM, The sea calls my name said:

I don't do Beverage packages. I am very curious if the price of drinks has escalated.  Can you give me an idea what beer, Wine and cocktails (like Mojitos) are running?  Thanks.

Sorry I posted before I saw the cocktail price list.  Still curious about wine by the glass.  $13 sounds close to what it was last time I sailed in December 2019

I always make sure I pack my two allowed bottles of wine 🙂 

• Like 1