Yacht Club drink package appears to have been updated...

JohnJayJotaJames

Just checked the MSC site over here in Brazil and it mentions a new $15 drink limit for the winter 21/22 season for the Yacht Club. Also the internet package has been upgraded from 4GB to unlimited for 2 devices. I know a few friends on cruisecritic predicted this would happen... it's just great to see it rolling out. Any updates in other countries yet?

image.png.ada7357a646f55e095ed2cbcd06e9609.png

image.png.f4cf44487e74965b42c546384162c423.png

image.png.f94dcebb98d68b7d65751452e6234928.png

• Thanks 1

Currently on Virtuosa, I posted the YC bar menu in the other thread. Mini bar is unlimited beer and soft drinks plus one 1lt bottle of choice spirits or wines from a list at the start of the cruise.

Internet is 2 device unlimited browse package per person.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kernow said:

Currently on Virtuosa, I posted the YC bar menu in the other thread. Mini bar is unlimited beer and soft drinks plus one 1lt bottle of choice spirits or wines from a list at the start of the cruise.

Internet is 2 device unlimited browse package per person.

It was the same on Grandiosa Nov 2019,the exception being no free wifi and very limited selection of liquor 

Glad to see our “prediction” of YC drink package for Winter played out to be true.

makes the most sense but, we all know, depends what actually happens onboard.

Edited by phissy

18 minutes ago, jules815 said:

No mini-bar? No specialty coffees??

Went to MSC site, clicked on On Board then drinks packages. There is a bold print Drink Comparison Chart , click on that. 
For Caribbean -Winter- looks like speciality coffees are included. 
Mini bar is listed under YC amenities. 
did notice that those who purchase Premium Extra- website shows not included in Specialty Restaurants. 
If I click on it under our cruise booking add on section, it does say included in Speciality and Ocean Cay. 
I still find it interesting that MSCis trying to sell us drink package on our YC booking.

When we were on Seaside in 2019, we could get specialty coffees at Venci outside of the YC. Wondering if that's still available to us. I know Meraviglia doesn't have Venci, they have something else similar, but will it be included for YC guests?

1 hour ago, phissy said:

Went to MSC site, clicked on On Board then drinks packages. There is a bold print Drink Comparison Chart , click on that. 
For Caribbean -Winter- looks like speciality coffees are included. 
Mini bar is listed under YC amenities. 
did notice that those who purchase Premium Extra- website shows not included in Specialty Restaurants. 
If I click on it under our cruise booking add on section, it does say included in Speciality and Ocean Cay. 
I still find it interesting that MSCis trying to sell us drink package on our YC booking.

Thanks, I'm going to have to check out the website. 

1 hour ago, kernow said:

There were speciality coffees on Virtuosa.This was the menu.

QR_V_YC-BAR-LIST_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1622926928 (3).pdf 198.68 kB · 6 downloads

Thanks for the menu. By MSC's wording, usually the regular espresso, cappuccino, hot chocolate and others are described as "coffee" or "regular coffee". Specialty coffees are, on their language, those nice coffee, milk, cream and chocolate concoctions, with or without alcohol, they used to have under their "coffee delights" menu at their dedicated coffee bars (on ships with renting spaces they used to be sort of hidden located on one of the atrium corners). Have never seen those concoctions as being done on the YC, what doesn't mean they couldn't provide them if asked. From all the post pandemic reviews already online, it seems that they've just finished those coffee bars in favor of having the nice coffee stuff relegated to the renting spaces...

Have a nice day!...

Edited by Nunagoras