HOLLAND AMERICA LINE CRUISE CONTRACT

rucrazy

Just now, mcrcruiser said:

The complexity of this issue is getting worse & worse imo  . THE CDC 's main job is to keep Americans   safe of  threats from diseases   . I don't see why the cruise lines   just don't require that every one must be vaccinated until this virus disappears or  that proof of boosters shots is also required if the virus lingers year after year 

The "complexity" above is only required in Florida, and not because of the CDC.  The ridiculous Florida vaccine status ban is requiring the cruise lines to jump through all sorts of legal hoops to bypass the ban.  In other states the cruise lines will be able to demand proof right up front.  You agree and show your proof at booking and at boarding or you aren't going.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

In other states the cruise lines will be able to demand proof right up front.  You agree and show your proof at booking and at boarding or you aren't going.

that would be delightful!

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 2:24 PM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

But it will also discourage cruisers not vaccinated if they have to pay upon embarkation $500.00 per stateroom, then a few days later have to pay another $500.00 and possibly yet again another $500.00. they could easily have to pay $1500.00 in addition to their cruise to be able to go un-vaccinated. I am sure quite a few will have second thoughts on this. Richard Fain the CEO of RCI Group was pretty confident that very few would be un-vaccinated and most would chose to be vaccinated when cruising with them. 

Imo there  are legal questions here  . If the cruise lines  say this is what you will pay up front that is one thing but ,to charge people for that test  at the embarkation pier & charge high fees  will be challenged  in court  .I would hope that the cruise lines don't try that  .Then there are other costs like airfares ,pre cruise hotels ,car rentals , meals ie before the cruise  .If it were sprung on me at the embarkation pier  ,there is no doubt in my mind what would happen  .I am sure the legal department of Carnival Corp is researching the appropriate avenues 

4 hours ago, harkinmr said:

The "complexity" above is only required in Florida, and not because of the CDC.  The ridiculous Florida vaccine status ban is requiring the cruise lines to jump through all sorts of legal hoops to bypass the ban.  In other states the cruise lines will be able to demand proof right up front.  You agree and show your proof at booking and at boarding or you aren't going.

Imo that is the best way .Then we are glad that our  4 next cruises are from California ports . What a shame it is   that cruise lines have to go crazy because of the Florida law .Just doesn't make any sense  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

That really is a huge mess in  Florida . I recall  that it went to court to decide .Does any one know the verdict ? 

It is not the Florida law that is presently in court after the mediation failed to reach an agreement. What is in court is Florida asking injunctive relief to get the CDC to stop anything that is preventing cruises from now sailing.

The odd thing is the cruise lines, who BTW have not joined in the court case, are working with the CDC now to get cruises started while the Florida law seems to be one of the roadblocks for cruises to start up in Florida.

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

That really is a huge mess in  Florida . I recall  that it went to court to decide .Does any one know the verdict ? 

the court case was not about the state vaccination law, it was about the CDCs right to regulate the cruise industry.

On 6/12/2021 at 2:49 PM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Holland America will be releasing their New Protocols for Risk Acceptance Policy on Monday June 14th. I would not be surprised to see the website down starting tonight and through tomorrow.

With this Risk Acceptance Policy you will be electronically signing a Vaccination Attestation. This is going to be REQUIRED to get your Boarding Documents. If this is not electronically signed by the passenger prior to boarding your reservation will be canceled and you will not be allowed to check in or board. Before the voyage, you must confirm you are vaccinated (this helps ensure voyages meet the CDC guidelines for vaccinated guests) 

Really?  We do not see any New Protocols/Contracts on any of our HAL (or Seabourn) bookings.  Perhaps you meant June 14, 2022?

Hank

1 hour ago, nocl said:

the court case was not about the state vaccination law, it was about the CDCs right to regulate the cruise industry.

Well then  the courts need to get this thing  worked out asap ; because ,it impacts so many people 

34 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Really?  We do not see any New Protocols/Contracts on any of our HAL (or Seabourn) bookings.  Perhaps you meant June 14, 2022?

Hank

It appears you missed post #70

Holland America has had a delay and it should be rolled out totally in the next few days I would think.

13 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

I just signed in, it’s there now.  There are two contracts to sign.

Wow, I had just signed in about 15 minutes ago and it was not there for me, let me take a look again.

Thanks!!

I was able to read and complete the covid Risk Acceptance which is HAL covering them selves. 

Bur was unable to Complete 3.> Health Assesment

1. Sign your COVID-19 Risk Acceptance & Cruise Contract

COVID-19 Risk Acceptance & Cruise Contract: Completed For All Guests
3. Complete Health Assessment
Health Assessment  Please try again later

13 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I was able to read and complete the covid Risk Acceptance which is HAL covering them selves. 

Bur was unable to Complete 3.> Health Assesment

1. Sign your COVID-19 Risk Acceptance & Cruise Contract

COVID-19 Risk Acceptance & Cruise Contract: Completed For All Guests
3. Complete Health Assessment
Health Assessment  Please try again later

Just the Covid Risk and contract was there.  I am thinking the health assessment would be closer to the cruise, like 72 hours or something.  I don’t know. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

Just the Covid Risk and contract was there.  I am thinking the health assessment would be closer to the cruise, like 72 hours or something.  I don’t know. 

It would make sense that the health assessment would be just prior to sailing but, it is requiring me to fill out the health assessment to get our boarding pass that was to be available on June 9th. So that definitely does not make any sense. eDocs need to be available at the 45 day mark we are coming into 39 days for the July 24th cruise.

It was actually the eDocs I am waiting to see since that will also have information regarding the new boarding. That should also give more information regarding reuirement of vaccinations. The Covid Risk contract was actually very vaugue on pre cruise requirements which may be covered in the health assessment.

Think I will call it quits for tonight and wait and see what is showing tomorrow morning.   

• Like 1

Update, as of this morning still unable to do the Health Assessment which is where I am guessing the passengers states they are fully vaccinated. 

But there is NEW information that I think is really crazy to be this delayed.

**First it states this...  Check-in complete. Provided your final payment is received, Express Docs will be available approximately Wednesday, June 9, 2021 . You will be notified or please revisit Online Check-in.

But Then the next thing it state is this.... Important: This is a Vaccinated cruise. It is required that you attest to having a vaccination with the final dose at least 14 days prior to departure. Sign and receive your boarding docs starting on July 13th.

This is only allowing about 10 days to print your boarding pass, which tells you your time you will be assigned to check in at the pier. 

As I have said before this is going to be an Adventure, Many things are going to be very different and Lots of Unknown. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

This is only allowing about 10 days to print your boarding pass, which tells you your time you will be assigned to check in at the pier. 

In the past as you know no-one paid attention to check in times .. how strict will they be moving forward?

I just went into my 2 separate October back to back Rotterdam cruises to read more carefully The Risk Acceptance and Cruise Contracts.   They appeared with both earlier this morning and now they have both disappeared and show the same "we are working on it" type message as in the past few days.

Maybe they noticed as I did that the wording for wine and soft drink carry on still showed free allowances per stateroom!  However, the corkage had been updated to $20.   Probably other things had not been updated as well.   Unfortunately not unusual.