Jump to content

HOLLAND AMERICA LINE CRUISE CONTRACT


Recommended Posts

This is now on my online DOCs page ...

 

Check-in complete. Provided your final payment is received, Express Docs will be available approximately Wednesday, June 16, 2021 . You will be notified or please revisit Online Check-in.

Important: This is a Vaccinated cruise. It is required that you attest to having a vaccination with the final dose at least 14 days prior to departure. Sign and receive your boarding docs starting on July 13th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, cruisewiththekids said:

Can you tell us what it said in regard to Covid protocols for the Alaska sailings?    Anything mentioned about testing or uploading Covid vaccination information?

 

 

Contract language is generic versus itinerary specific.   The relevant sections that you want to read are 1 and 6, which can be found here:   https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/legal-privacy/cruise-contract.html        Scott. 

 

S. 1 makes reference that the website in all cases prevails...

 

"In addition, in the event of a conflict between the Carrier’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”) policies and procedures (hereinafter “COVID-19 Guest Protocols”) as described in Section 6, below, and as described on the Carrier’s website, the policies and procedures on the website control. "

 

Further reinforced at S 6. 

 

"In case of any conflict between the COVID-19 Guest Protocols described herein or on the Carrier’s website, the website controls and Your agreement to abide by said website constitutes an integral part of this Cruise Contract."

 

S. 6. references re-embarkation and in-cruise testing (but not pax provided pre-cruise testing)

 

(c) You acknowledge that the Carrier’s COVID-19 Guest Protocols may or will include (but are not be limited to):( 2) pre-embarkation and/or periodic testing and temperature checks of each Guest followed by a period of isolation until test results are available;

 

and, re vax, 

 

(11) on specified itineraries, vaccination of guests with documentary proof satisfactory to Carrier, according to the criteria set forth in the COVID-19 Guest Protocols in effect at the time of sailing.

 

And finally  S. 6(b) references that itin-specific requirements will be communicated directly to you, and avail on the the carrier's  website.  (Sorry. their caps -- I am too lazy to retype.)  🙂

 

YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO COMPLY NOT ONLY WITH THE COVID-19 GUEST PROTOCOLS AS THEY ARE DESCRIBED HEREIN, BUT ALSO AS THEY ARE SET FORTH IN MATERIALS DISTRIBUTED BY CARRIER AND ON THE CARRIER’S WEBSITE, AT ALL TIMES INCLUDING PRE-EMBARKATION, WHILE ON BOARD, DURING PORT CALLS AND SHORE EXCURSIONS, AND/OR DURING FINAL DISEMBARKATION.  

Edited by YXU AC*SE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

When DH gets home I'll ask him to see if it works for him.  

If all else fails try w/ a different browser ?     Scott. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

I would guess that the Health Assessment is when and where you attest to your satisfactory vaccination status.

Correct!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

 

 

Contract language is generic versus itinerary specific.   The relevant sections that you want to read are 1 and 6, which can be found here:   https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/legal-privacy/cruise-contract.html        Scott. 

 

S. 1 makes reference that the website in all cases prevails...

 

"In addition, in the event of a conflict between the Carrier’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”) policies and procedures (hereinafter “COVID-19 Guest Protocols”) as described in Section 6, below, and as described on the Carrier’s website, the policies and procedures on the website control. "

 

Further reinforced at S 6. 

 

"In case of any conflict between the COVID-19 Guest Protocols described herein or on the Carrier’s website, the website controls and Your agreement to abide by said website constitutes an integral part of this Cruise Contract."

 

S. 6. references re-embarkation and in-cruise testing (but not pax provided pre-cruise testing)

 

(c) You acknowledge that the Carrier’s COVID-19 Guest Protocols may or will include (but are not be limited to):( 2) pre-embarkation and/or periodic testing and temperature checks of each Guest followed by a period of isolation until test results are available;

 

and, re vax, 

 

(11) on specified itineraries, vaccination of guests with documentary proof satisfactory to Carrier, according to the criteria set forth in the COVID-19 Guest Protocols in effect at the time of sailing.

 

ANd finally  S. 6 (b) references that itin specific requirements will be communicated directly to you, and avail on the the carrier's  website.  (Sorry their caps -- I am too lazy to retype.)  🙂

 

YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO COMPLY NOT ONLY WITH THE COVID-19 GUEST PROTOCOLS AS THEY ARE DESCRIBED HEREIN, BUT ALSO AS THEY ARE SET FORTH IN MATERIALS DISTRIBUTED BY CARRIER AND ON THE CARRIER’S WEBSITE, AT ALL TIMES INCLUDING PRE-EMBARKATION, WHILE ON BOARD, DURING PORT CALLS AND SHORE EXCURSIONS, AND/OR DURING FINAL DISEMBARKATION.  

Thanks for that good information.   Unfortunately, it seems they still have not given specific protocols in writing for the Alaska cruises, which is what I was hoping to see before my final payment date next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe that I read that for the Celebrity Millennium sailing from St Maarten, that linked photographs of your passport and CDC card were electronically entered into your voyage record. I presume that HAL will do the same at Pier 91 Seattle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, cruisewiththekids said:

Unfortunately, it seems they still have not given specific protocols in writing for the Alaska cruises, which is what I was hoping to see before my final payment date next week.

 

I would start here:   https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well.html, but to warn, it still does not get to either testing or vax requirements.  

Scott. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the 2021 Alaska cruises, this is pretty clear ...

 

 Important: This is a Vaccinated cruise. It is required that you attest to having a vaccination with the final dose at least 14 days prior to departure. 

 

For the 2021-2022 Caribbean cruises, who knows?  I, for one, hope it is the same. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

For the 2021 Alaska cruises, this is pretty clear ...

 

Source? (not that I am doubtful, but I can get all the way to making a payment on a Seattle Alaskan itin directly w/ HAL, w/ no up-front vax requirement disclosure, which I think would be pretty material to making a purchase commitment?)  Scott. 

Edited by YXU AC*SE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

 

Source? (not that I am doubtful, but I can get all the way to making a payment on a Seattle Alaskan itin directly w/ HAL, w/ no up-front vax requirement disclosure, which I think would be pretty material to making a purchase commitment?)  

 

I have an email from HAL for my upcoming cruise and it’s clearly stated that everyone must be vaccinated and anyone with children 12 or under are being transferred to 2022.

It’s also on their website. It’s pretty clear for sailing for the next few months that it is 100% vaccinated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, kazu said:

It’s also on their website. It’s pretty clear for sailing for the next few months that it is 100% vaccinated.

 

You and I both know this -- however, go through the UX flow to purchase a cruise today, and it isn't disclosed to the customer (or that there may be any number of attenuating conditions) which seems rather odd, almost bordering on bait and switch ?    Scott. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

 

You and I both know this -- however, go through the UX flow to purchase a cruise today, and it isn't disclosed to the customer (or that there may be any number of attenuating conditions) which seems rather odd, almost bordering on bait and switch ?    Scott. 

 

We’ll just agree to disagree.  The requirement is clear and much better and clearer than waiting til you get to a contract.  If no one is reading the health and safety protocols and covid protocols then I have no words.

It’s the first thing anyone would do IMO considering a cruise in these times.  But what do I know? 😉 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just got an email from HAL with a new booking confirmation for a cruise we have had booked for some time.  I don't see any changes to the the itinerary or anything else.  It has the mention of Cruise Contract so I clicked on that and I think that is what has changed.  Seems rather wishy-washy to me regarding Covid.  (See No. 11)  Do you think that is for Florida?

 

94965070_ScreenShot2021-06-15at2_18_14PM.thumb.jpeg.de022bc9eb2b42fd1869ce6e147c49f4.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, kazu said:

Edit:   It’s the first thing anyone experienced cruiser would do IMO considering a cruise in these times.

Remember, we print warnings on coffee cups warning consumers that contents may be hot.   🙂  Scott.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tennessee Titan said:

We were, this morning. For both 7/31 and 10/20....

You were responding to.....

 3 hours ago, idiebabe said:

Were you able to complete the Medical and get Boarding Passes?

 

Are you sure you were able to complete the Health Assessment to get you Boarding Pass?

I am on the sailing the week before you and mine clearly states...

Important: This is a Vaccinated cruise. It is required that you attest to having a vaccination with the final dose at least 14 days prior to departure. Sign and receive your boarding docs starting on July 13th.

 

As far as I can see the first sailing will not have Boarding Passes ready to print till 4 weeks from today.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

You were responding to.....

 3 hours ago, idiebabe said:

Were you able to complete the Medical and get Boarding Passes?

 

Are you sure you were able to complete the Health Assessment to get you Boarding Pass?

I am on the sailing the week before you and mine clearly states...

Important: This is a Vaccinated cruise. It is required that you attest to having a vaccination with the final dose at least 14 days prior to departure. Sign and receive your boarding docs starting on July 13th.

 

As far as I can see the first sailing will not have Boarding Passes ready to print till 4 weeks from today.

Lisa, I'm on the 7/31 sailing and was able to sign the documents.  Our boarding documents are supposed to be ready tomorrow.

image.png.227587459be670320335a4985402babe.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Lisa, I'm on the 7/31 sailing and was able to sign the documents.  Our boarding documents are supposed to be ready tomorrow.

image.png.227587459be670320335a4985402babe.png

I think this is causing the confusion which is just below

image.png.53332b68b4faf32cd92318bbc1fcca59.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, YXU AC*SE said:

Remember, we print warnings on coffee cups warning consumers that contents may be hot.   🙂  Scott.

 

 

 

LOL 😂 Sad but true 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, YXU AC*SE said:

I expect you're loading a cached page - clear that and you hopefully should be good to go ? 

How do you clear a cached page? I am sure it isn’t difficult but I am drawing a blank. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...