Screen Names

Mackdogmolly

Mine is pretty obvious.  🙂  I joined up when Cruise Critic went by another name in 1997 and it was so early that real names were still available.  'Lynda' by itself was not available though so I added an S.

But for the life of me I cannot remember what that other name of the site was before it was named Cruise Critic.  Does anyone out there know?

I can't remember how I discovered CC.  I booked my first cruise, on Celebrity, in 2002 and had watched a programme on TV that featured Celebrity Galaxy and some of it's entertainment staff. I think I just found out by a search. Or someone may have told me about it.

I have picked up so much useful information on this site over the years. Not to mention some great friendships via roll calls and people I've met on the ships. 

Phil 

• Like 10

A tablemate on the QM2 told me about CC..and like some have mentioned here "real" names were still available..so I was able to take LuAnn! 🙂 Have been checking in ever since and agree..we've made some wonderful friends from CC who live all over the world! 

• Like 4

My name is Odd, which is a bit weird for english speakers so I have used this nickname on other occassions for a number of years. And of course the fact that I have always been a James Bond fan was the reason for finding the name in the first place. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

My name is Odd, which is a bit weird for english speakers so I have used this nickname on other occassions for a number of years. And of course the fact that I have always been a James Bond fan was the reason for finding the name in the first place. 

And that is my very favourite Bond film!😎

Phil 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2021 at 10:01 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

I can't remember how I discovered CC.  I booked my first cruise, on Celebrity, in 2002 and had watched a programme on TV that featured Celebrity Galaxy and some of it's entertainment staff. I think I just found out by a search. Or someone may have told me about it.

I have picked up so much useful information on this site over the years. Not to mention some great friendships via roll calls and people I've met on the ships. 

Phil 

The TV show "The Cruise" that I mentioned has just started as a repeat here. For those in the UK, BBC 4 every Monday at 7.30pm. First one last night and it was very entertaining to reminisce.  It's ages since I watched it. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The TV show "The Cruise" that I mentioned has just started as a repeat here. For those in the UK, BBC 4 every Monday at 7.30pm. First one last night and it was very entertaining to reminisce.  It's ages since I watched it. 

Phil 

Thanks Phil, we didn’t watch the series originally as at that time we had little interest in cruising after a disappointing first cruise on Costa in the 90’s.

Now watching on iPlayer 😊

• Like 1

Mine is based on a nickname I gave to my now husband when we were dating back in the '80s.   When we got our first home email accounts, we used this for our master email aside from our personal ones.   When I started signing up for travel info, newsletters and websites, I didn't want to use my personal email based on my name, so I used this.  At our first M&M on Azamara, DH was a bit surprised to know I had "outed" him, but he's a good sport and is OK with it now, even refers to our abode as The Mouse House.  

On a silly note - I bought one of the first new MINI Coopers to come into the USA back in 2002.  DH decided I should get a personalized license plate, so I was able to get MINIM0US (had to use the number for the O) because MINI (the car, plus I am short) and Mouse.   Everyone at the dealership thought it was related to Disney (NOT!) and, because I was one of their first customers, gave me all sorts of Minnie Mouse things - bobble heads, little Minnie dolls, a Minnie Mouse antenna ball, etc., etc.   I just went with it, as I didn't want to tell them the story at that time.  Too funny.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Sorry, it's on each week night. 

Phil 

Showing 12 episodes so will put it on record to fill in when we have nothing to do, interesting to see Amanda Reid we’ve come across her a couple of times on Cunard.

Way back when I first signed up for a gmail account my sassy 14yo daughter was showing me the advanced technology and explaining the internet, google, etc. She chose the handle, as I do have a rather loud voice and my name is Karyn. She thought it was very funny at the time & is still proud of herself. When I give my email out, the recipients usually give a knowing nod, so I suppose my daughter's call way back, was correct.

Karyn

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/27/2021 at 11:53 PM, KazLoudspeaker said:

Way back when I first signed up for a gmail account my sassy 14yo daughter was showing me the advanced technology and explaining the internet, google, etc. She chose the handle, as I do have a rather loud voice and my name is Karyn. She thought it was very funny at the time & is still proud of herself. When I give my email out, the recipients usually give a knowing nod, so I suppose my daughter's call way back, was correct.

Karyn

That's funny!  If we meet on a cruise please don't shout at me. I have very sensitive ears. 😄

Phil 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/22/2021 at 8:32 PM, Riocca said:

Showing 12 episodes so will put it on record to fill in when we have nothing to do, interesting to see Amanda Reid we’ve come across her a couple of times on Cunard.

If you've been watching it (I've been catching up on iplayer, but recording it too so I have it permanently) you probably saw Edwin, the butler. I'd forgotten he was in it. Now of course Chief Housekeeper Azamara, will be on Pursuit. Such a nice guy. 

Phil 

483C1536-11BF-43AA-8E55-019BF4BBA1E1.jpeg

3E17E5DE-33EF-496D-8276-D21D130C4A15.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

If you've been watching it (I've been catching up on iplayer, but recording it too so I have it permanently) you probably saw Edwin, the butler. I'd forgotten he was in it. Now of course Chief Housekeeper Azamara, will be on Pursuit. Such a nice guy. 

Phil 

483C1536-11BF-43AA-8E55-019BF4BBA1E1.jpeg

3E17E5DE-33EF-496D-8276-D21D130C4A15.jpeg

Not had a chance to see this weeks yet hopefully catch up over the weekend, look forward to seeing Edwin.