Serenade is on the move

45 minutes ago, Eileen G said:

I am so glad to hear that. She has plenty of time to get to Seattle for the first cruise.

I’ve been following a vlogger on YouTube who works on Serenade. She’d gone silent for about a week so I thought I’d check CruiseMapper.com and see where she is. And to my surprise I saw she wasn’t bouncing back and forth between cococay and Florida but, in fact, on her way her way. Count down is on!

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

LOL -- I was just thinking the same thing. Heard Coke tastes better there. 😂

Still made there with the “original” ingredients.😉😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I heard they canceled Alaska for Serenade and added the Narcos itinerary.

Little know fact; the jail that Manuel Noriega was housed in was just off the canal route. We saw it when we sailed the canal. 

4F2B9D38-663B-4926-AA3B-2C12BE0768AB.thumb.jpeg.b8382a147fc804c6e124cb0a0ba915f8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, allieic95 said:

Awesome news!! Can't wait. We are booked on Serenade's second sailing. For those of us cruising from Alaksa - do we think we will need to show proof of negative covid test to board or embark?? 

Well... obviously no official word but the CDC requirements for vaccinated cruises do not require it and with no stop in Victoria passengers will never set foot on soil outside the US so I can't see any need.  I'm sure we'll start to hear things soon though.

4 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

We aren't even sailing on Serenade until next summer, but this still is exciting to see! Any step towards cruising is a good thing in my eyes! 

I'm excited to hear this also and I won't be on her until Sept 2022 Alaska & Oct 2022 Panama Canal.

Just the fact that ships are on the move !!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I'm excited to hear this also and I won't be on her until Sept 2022 Alaska & Oct 2022 Panama Canal.

Just the fact that ships are on the move !!!

We will be on  her in July 2022. We have a big group (for us) of over a dozen people going. I can't wait! One day after we retire, we will be able to do fun Panama Canal and TA/TP cruises!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Interesting that she is on her way already.   She could easily get here a couple weeks before her first sailing.  I wonder where she will hang out on the west coast.  

I have read that it costs less to transit the canal if you don't need to make a reservation. She might just be getting in line so to speak.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

Interesting that she is on her way already.   She could easily get here a couple weeks before her first sailing.  I wonder where she will hang out on the west coast.  

Ovation started a week+ before Serenade - it's been a slow journey.

12 hours ago, Eileen G said:

I have read that it costs less to transit the canal if you don't need to make a reservation. She might just be getting in line so to speak.

It certainly can cost less without a reservation, $35,000 to be exact.  There are other costs that could be avoided as well, no need to pay $30,000 for a daylight transit guarantee and the toll per passenger berth drops from $138 to $111 per berth so long as there are no passengers on board.

Now it is possible that they might be using a transit reservation that was already made and paid for as they were unable to use it because of the changes brought about by Covid.  They might be swapping transit dates, if that is they case they may have to go with what has already been payed for the cancelled transit rather than losing it.

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

This mornings location update...

1643990381_ScreenShot2021-06-15at9_49_33AM.thumb.png.1f09a3033493bd8e323914fa45b0ab0b.png

She made the turn and is heading our way. 🙂 

Maybe getting some drive by Patties in Jamaica along here way.  I miss patties.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Maybe getting some drive by Patties in Jamaica along here way.  I miss patties.

You know I'm missing cruising bad when after discovering Serenade was moving yesterday I started searching for luggage tag sleeves and Seapass Lanyards. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

You know I'm missing cruising bad when after discovering Serenade was moving yesterday I started searching for luggage tag sleeves and Seapass Lanyards. 🙂 

I assumed you were way too cool to wear a lanyard :classic_wink: