Serenade is on the move

Pigs do fly ... I am flabbergasted that this is happening. I had thought there was no way RCG would move her through the PC, on a 2-3 week non-revenue sail, just to do Alaska at reduced capacity for only 2 months.... and then deploy her where? I am sincerely excited for all of those who have booked on her for Alaska sailings!

https://multimedia.panama-canal.com/Webcams/miraflores.html

Screenshot (14).png

• Like 3

and Ovation is on the move by way of Korea.  I guess no stopping in Hawaii which means she will have to do recertifications in Seattle.  Serenade as well.

I too was surprised they are taking her through the P canal.   must be fun for the crew

5 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

must be fun for the crew

No one on the helipad? With reduced capacity sailings, I wonder if RCG has loaded up Ovation from the Asian nations with crew members, and will transfer a bunch over to Serenade when in Seattle together?

Screenshot (16).png

Just now, Hoopster95 said:

No one on the helipad? With reduced capacity sailings, I wonder if RCG has loaded up Ovation from the Asian nations with crew members, and will transfer a bunch over to Serenade when in Seattle together?

Screenshot (16).png

yes I was thinking the same thing.  she came from Singapore and Manilla as well.

Still I guess perhaps Hawaii might be glad she has bypassed them.    I am doing a cruise on NCL and hope to see the two RCI ships.  I am on the Encore, the colorful one.  Four ports and a glacier, great should be nice.  

So should be interesting where Serenade stops on the way to Seattle.

1 hour ago, Blizzard54 said:

Coast Guard, whenever a ship returns to the US after an extended time elsewhere.

yes I was going to reply too but CC has had some issues logging on today.

In Fla ships coming from Europe and land in our ports, then first cruise is a little bit late in leaving. Has happened to me twice.

In 2019 Ovation had a lot of coast guard checks in Hawaii since the ship for 3 years was only outside of USA.

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Wasn’t she just in Florida? Wouldn’t that have been done there?

I am not sure if they do them when a ship is there for a service call not taking on passengers.

Unless they stop or hang out somewhere they are on track to arrive in Seattle 4 weeks before their first Alaska sailing.  Plenty of time to take care of whatever they need to do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

In Fla ships coming from Europe and land in our ports, then first cruise is a little bit late in leaving. Has happened to me twice.

In 2019 Ovation had a lot of coast guard checks in Hawaii since the ship for 3 years was only outside of USA.

That check in Hawaii was because that was the first time she was ever in a US port, will not happen in Seattle. Since there won't be a revenue cruise upon her arrival now, there won't be any impact.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

That check in Hawaii was because that was the first time she was ever in a US port, will not happen in Seattle. Since there won't be a revenue cruise upon her arrival now, there won't be any impact.

nope I disagree, the Coast Guard will most likely come on the ship and inspect.  Maybe not recertification, but inspect.   They never inspect people just the ship.....

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

For any cruise ship, 20 knts is not creeping, it's close to full out sprint.

Yes she does seem to be in a hurry.  I was commenting more on the pictorial representation than her actual speed.  It is still a long way to go.