Serenade is on the move

8 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

Full speed for the Serenade is 25 knts.

Not surprised. Been on 50+ Serenade sailings, all but one were 10+ niters. Love these Repo's and longer Caribbean sailings. Every Cruise the Ship went 20-22 Knts on the couple days out and on way back, at times this smaller ship was a rocking! Highest I remember seeing was 23.7, one of many dozens medical Emergencies experienced...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Well she has slowed down a little but still doing a pretty good clip.

501223274_ScreenShot2021-06-21at8_23_51AM.thumb.png.5130a5af55ddd6bf04df56dd76fe67b4.png

I notice that she has LA listed as her next destination now. 

Refueling...supplies maybe ?

But it says "LAX"...doubt she's going to end up on the tarmac :classic_laugh:

More than likely San Pedro.

Edited by Ashland
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2021 at 2:24 AM, ONECRUISER said:

Not surprised. Been on 50+ Serenade sailings, all but one were 10+ niters. Love these Repo's and longer Caribbean sailings. Every Cruise the Ship went 20-22 Knts on the couple days out and on way back, at times this smaller ship was a rocking! Highest I remember seeing was 23.7, one of many dozens medical Emergencies experienced...

wow 50 times.  she is one of my favorites.  been on her 4 times.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

wow 50 times.  she is one of my favorites.  been on her 4 times.

Oop's meant say 50+ on Serenade AND Brilliance, with about 36 Serenade alone. Agree, Love the Class, will be miss when gone. Currently have 16 Booked on these two 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Oop's meant say 50+ on Serenade AND Brilliance, with about 36 Serenade alone. Agree, Love the Class, will be miss when gone. Currently have 16 Booked on these two 

that class is good but serenade is the best.

• Like 2

With the shore power requirement I don't know she could stay more than a day.  Though I don't really know how that rules works.  I suspect she'll just head on north and hang out somewhere off the shore of the Peninsula till it is time to come in.  July 26th is sold out and only OV cabins left for the 19th.  August 2nd, and 23rd are sold out.  The 9th only has JS's, GS's and 2B OS's left.  The 16th has only Balconies, JS's and GS's remaining. The 30th has a little bit of everything left. and prices are still ok for that one. 

20 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

With the shore power requirement I don't know she could stay more than a day.  Though I don't really know how that rules works.  I suspect she'll just head on north and hang out somewhere off the shore of the Peninsula till it is time to come in.  July 26th is sold out and only OV cabins left for the 19th.  August 2nd, and 23rd are sold out.  The 9th only has JS's, GS's and 2B OS's left.  The 16th has only Balconies, JS's and GS's remaining. The 30th has a little bit of everything left. and prices are still ok for that one. 

Do you know what the capacity will be for these sailings?  I haven't seen it anywhere

15 hours ago, mzoscar1 said:

Do you know what the capacity will be for these sailings?  I haven't seen it anywhere

I haven't heard anything about capacity yet for these sailings.  I'm assuming all sailings under the conditional sail order will be reduced capacity but I have no idea how reduced.

I have to tell you that I'm really enjoying this board.  The mapping, the photos and links to the Panama Canal, the excitement and positivity, the friendly chat.  😀  So different from a few others I've read today. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, blctlc said:

I have to tell you that I'm really enjoying this board.  The mapping, the photos and links to the Panama Canal, the excitement and positivity, the friendly chat.  😀  So different from a few others I've read today. 

We're all very excited to get back on a Cruise ship.  It's easy to be positive when you can track your ship that is about to come in. 🙂 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We're all very excited to get back on a Cruise ship.  It's easy to be positive when you can track your ship that is about to come in. 🙂 

It is nice to follow them as they prepare to restart.  The Ovation is also on it's way to Seattle. It looks like it will arrive before the Serenade even though sailing start a couple weeks later.  It is almost due south of Kodiak, AK. 

• Like 2

There was a voluntary program last year to keep the speed of ships to help protect whales off most of the California coast to 12 knots or less from the middle of May to the middle of November.  I think they are doing it again this year which may account for her slower speed.

• Thanks 1