Meet Azamara’s Newest Captain

combine

a new captain just announced, for those still not receiving emails.

FIND A JOURNEY   |   LUXURY CRUISE DEALS   |   MY ACCOUNT

Today I am sharing some very exciting news with you. We have a new Captain, and I am quite sure many of you already know him. I would like to extend my heartfelt congratulations to Captain Kresimir Korona, who is now the latest addition to our group of accomplished and amazing Azamara Captains!

The Captains of Azamara are not just navigators, they are leaders and caretakers to their team and friends to our guests. They enhance the cruise experience with their anecdotes and add unexpected elements to the voyages that our guests remember forever. We are truly excited to have him as one of our great Captains and we look forward to sailing with him.  

Captain Korona was born and raised in Zadar on the Dalmatian coast, which has a long history of seafaring. Having grown up on the Dalmatian Coast in a seafaring family, he has always had a deep connection with the ocean and sailing, knowing at 14 years of age that this was his calling.

Captain Korona was educated at the University of Rijeka at the Faculty of Maritime Studies and gained his initial experience in the merchant marine before mastering his first vessel in 2006. He has since sailed a variety of ships including 300,000-ton oil and chemical tankers, making him a well-rounded and accomplished seafarer and Captain.

He came to Azamara in 2010 as a Chief Officer before taking a three-year break in 2014 to work at Royal Caribbean International. He rejoined us in 2016, was promoted to Staff Captain in 2017, and is now officially one of our Captains! 

Captain Korona is very excited about this opportunity and is looking forward to many things, including connecting more with all of you. He loves people and has a great sense of humor, so be prepared to laugh a lot! He also wants to make sure the Azamara crew is taken care of so they can do a great job in taking care of you. Of course, the safety and security of all guests and crew is our top priority.

I couldn’t wait for you to get to know and love Captain Kresimir Korona as much as we do, so our team sat down with him and asked him about his likes, his loves, and how his life’s journey has led him to where he is today.

Learn More
All my best,
Learn More

Edited by combine
  • Like 5

Today I am sharing some very exciting news! We have a new Captain, and I am quite sure many of you already know him. I would like to extend my heartfelt congratulations to Captain Kresimir Korona, who is now the latest addition to our group of accomplished and amazing Azamara Captains!

The Captains of Azamara are not just navigators, they are leaders and caretakers to their team and friends to our guests. They enhance the cruise experience with their anecdotes and add unexpected elements to the voyages that our guests remember forever. We are truly excited to have him as one of our great Captains and we look forward to sailing with him. 

Captain Korona was born and raised in Zadar on the Dalmatian coast, which has a long history of seafaring. Having grown up on the Dalmatian Coast in a seafaring family, he has always had a deep connection with the ocean and sailing, knowing at 14 years of age that this was his calling.

Captain Korona was educated at the University of Rijeka at the Faculty of Maritime Studies and gained his initial experience in the merchant marine before mastering his first vessel in 2006. He has since sailed a variety of ships including 300,000-ton oil and chemical tankers, making him a well-rounded and accomplished seafarer and Captain.

He came to Azamara in 2010 as a Chief Officer before taking a three-year break in 2014 to work at Royal Caribbean International. He rejoined us in 2016, was promoted to Staff Captain in 2017, and is now officially one of our Captains! 

Captain Korona is very excited about this opportunity and is looking forward to many things, including connecting more with all of you. He loves people and has a great sense of humor, so be prepared to laugh a lot! He also wants to make sure the Azamara crew is taken care of so they can do a great job in taking care of you. Of course, the safety and security of all guests and crew is our top priority.

I couldn’t wait for you to get to know and love Captain Kresimir Korona as much as we do, so our team sat down with him and asked him about his likes, his loves, and how his life’s journey has led him to where he is today.

Meet Captain Korona: https://azamara.com/captainkorona

All my best, 

Carol Cabezas 

President, Azamara

• Like 4

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

??

Phil 

Agree. Kresimir looked really busy on de rusting duties from the pictures Azamara posted at the weekend 

Phil, these days it is one thing to get hired, another to do some actual work. Like driving the boat. I want him to drive the boat. ASAP. The name is vaguely familiar. We were on Journey in the Med in 2010, and again to Indonesia in 2013, Quest on the North Sea in July 2013. I wonder if we've met him. 

1 hour ago, Dr H said:

Phil, these days it is one thing to get hired, another to do some actual work. Like driving the boat. I want him to drive the boat. ASAP. The name is vaguely familiar. We were on Journey in the Med in 2010, and again to Indonesia in 2013, Quest on the North Sea in July 2013. I wonder if we've met him. 

He hasn't been hired. He's worked for Azamara for a while and is an extremely likable guy  who I think will make a wonderful Captain. I also wondered why you were shouting as typing in capitals is considered to be this. 

Phil 

As I understand it Captain Kresimir took over Journey yesterday.  We shouldn't underplay what he, Captain Johannes and Captain Antonio who are all onboard their ships are now doing on each of the ships to get sailing again.  Its not a case of just turning the key and off they go, as an example the amount of de-rusting that has to be overseen is significant, the sort of work that was done on an ongoing basis when the ships were operational all has to be caught up.  So getting sailing is a mammoth task and there is a lot of resources working on it (and money being spent).

Edited by uktog
  • Like 5