Arrival check in time slot

I was finally able to get my check-in date changed to 16 days instead of 14 by calling customer service.  It took over an hour on the phone for supervisors to be contacted, but it's done!   The supervisor had never heard of it being done, but mentioned an email about the process.  She worked hard and got it done.  I think they can't just change the date, they have to move your platinum status up with an upgrade or something like that.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Update:  I used the link posted on CC to view my documents and actually now have the word Platinum on my luggage tags!

SWEET !  Just curious, does it say "PRIORITY" in red? I thought that they would not (our does) but perhaps all that talk was related to the actual check in docs.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

SWEET !  Just curious, does it say "PRIORITY" in red? I thought that they would not (our does) but perhaps all that talk was related to the actual check in docs.

Before all of the changes, when I printed my documents, my original luggage tags had the word priority on them.  After the changes, priority was removed and there was just a blank space.  Then this morning, after I called to get my information updated, I now have the word platinum on my luggage tags.  None of my documents have the word priority on them.

5 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Before all of the changes, when I printed my documents, my original luggage tags had the word priority on them.  After the changes, priority was removed and there was just a blank space.  Then this morning, after I called to get my information updated, I now have the word platinum on my luggage tags.  None of my documents have the word priority on them.

I suppose everything will continue to be in flux over the next weeks/months!

Tom

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Ours are just the same as you describe, now, with Diamond, in red.

Also, another Health Assessment form to fill out for each of us. 

• Like 1

(from the luggage tags fine print - which I've never read): Each bag must not weigh more than 50 pounds

Glad it's not an airline where they actually weigh them! I know for sure we've probably hit the 70 lb mark many a time (when we include a kitchen sink in the bag).

Tom

• Like 3

On 6/16/2021 at 1:33 PM, Gma&Gpa said:

We have 4 cabins, two of which are platinum, one is FTTF, and the other is regular.  The tricky part is we are all coming by the same vehicles to a parking lot and then being shuttled over to the port.  I'm not sure what that does to the cabin that is NOT Platinum or FTTF.  Where do THEY wait?    If they were all open at the same time, they may have been able to get a decent time frame

Can you split them all up so there is a qualifying person in each of the rooms and then shuffle them back around once you board?

53 minutes ago, Anung Un Rama said:

I'm kind of in the same boat as I booked rooms for my wife and I (both Platinum) and my parents who are not.  We have different check in days but I hope I can check them in 2 days early since I booked the room and they are in our party.

Just switch a person with the other so that there is a platinum in each room switch them back on board you can ask your Carnival planner they will do it for you

On 6/30/2021 at 12:50 PM, TNcruising02 said:

Update:  I used the link posted on CC to view my documents and actually now have the word Platinum on my luggage tags!

Yes but personally Im going to keep an eye on the page with my tags. Months ago they said Priority then nothing now Diamond Where it ends up is anyone's guess. What will be on them on that crucial 16th day prior to the cruise? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anung Un Rama said:

I'm kind of in the same boat as I booked rooms for my wife and I (both Platinum) and my parents who are not.  We have different check in days but I hope I can check them in 2 days early since I booked the room and they are in our party.

Call Carnival and ask them to link your booking numbers.

I just called carnival, and they said everyone (blue, red, diamond, platinum, and suites) are all at 14 days for our July 27 cruise. Don't know how accurate that is. I've gotten different answers from agents before. 

Edited by jfaaborg

20 minutes ago, jfaaborg said:

I just called carnival, and they said everyone (blue, red, diamond, platinum, and suites) are all at 14 days for our July 27 cruise. Don't know how accurate that is. I've gotten different answers from agents before. 

What date do you have in your Cruise Manager? July 11 or 13? Ive still got a date 16 days prior for my August cruise. However my Health Assessment is now 10 days prior so anything can change leading up to the cruise. Im  just keeping an eye on those check in dates just in case. 

3 minutes ago, sailingships said:

What date do you have in your Cruise Manager? July 11 or 13? Ive still got a date 16 days prior for my August cruise. However my Health Assessment is now 10 days prior so anything can change leading up to the cruise. Im  just keeping an eye on those check in dates just in case. 

July 13 for check in and the 18th for health assessment

A little off topic, but during check in was there any mention of, or a question about, your COVID inoculation status? I understand all cruise lines have gone back to having passengers complete a "Health Assessment", but I am curious about the shot record, etc. We are scheduled for 3 cruises on three different cruise lines in the next 18 months; all the requirements are running together in my poor mind! We've both had both Moderna shots, and I have my CDC record, so I am ready for just about anything.😎

Our Carnival cruise isn't until December 2021, and it's from NOLA, so things will undoubtedly change; but still, I am curious how the online check in is being done today.

Thanks.

Doug

44 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

A little off topic, but during check in was there any mention of, or a question about, your COVID inoculation status? I understand all cruise lines have gone back to having passengers complete a "Health Assessment", but I am curious about the shot record, etc. We are scheduled for 3 cruises on three different cruise lines in the next 18 months; all the requirements are running together in my poor mind! We've both had both Moderna shots, and I have my CDC record, so I am ready for just about anything.😎

Our Carnival cruise isn't until December 2021, and it's from NOLA, so things will undoubtedly change; but still, I am curious how the online check in is being done today.

Thanks.

Doug

We had to answer 2 online health assessments that both asked if we were vaccinated. The first was was just about vaccine the second also included the standard covid questions.  There's supposed to be on more online assessment that needs to be completed Wednesday with is 72 hours before the cruise.

(still OT) --- so for these early sailings, at any point between the online check-in and at the cruise terminal, are people having to provide some type of copy or show their CDC cards... or is this all just a wink wink honor system exercise?

Tom

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

(still OT) --- so for these early sailings, at any point between the online check-in and at the cruise terminal, are people having to provide some type of copy or show their CDC cards... or is this all just a wink wink honor system exercise?

Tom

You need to show the actual card at the port. 

Screenshot_20210705-090747_Gmail.jpg