What is you Typical or Favorite Return Home Meal on Disembarkation Day.....

BklynBoy8

So we Boarded, Sailed, Enjoyed, Feasted and Toured all over but eventually the "Party's Over" and we return home.

Is there a favorite dish or take out that helps you fill that void while you are settling in and unpacking? 

First one for us is the easy Pizza or some item from there that is easy to consume. Chinese is another one.

My favorite simple sandwich is Beefsteak Tomato sliced w Mayo & Salt & Pepper on Whole Wheat Bread.

Yours????

Hi BB, I honestly don't know.........after not sailing for 18 months and going next month, I don't know how I am going to feel when I get back home......

7 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

So we Boarded, Sailed, Enjoyed, Feasted and Toured all over but eventually the "Party's Over" and we return home.

Is there a favorite dish or take out that helps you fill that void while you are settling in and unpacking? 

First one for us is the easy Pizza or some item from there that is easy to consume. Chinese is another one.

My favorite simple sandwich is Beefsteak Tomato sliced w Mayo & Salt & Pepper on Whole Wheat Bread.

Yours????

My homemade spaghetti sauce with Italian fennel sausages and homemade meatballs.  Italian comfort food!

Edited by CGTNORMANDIE
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi BB, I honestly don't know.........after not sailing for 18 months and going next month, I don't know how I am going to feel when I get back home......

Maybe stuffed.......lol.....Bon Voyage....

1 minute ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

My homemade spaghetti sauce with Italian fennel sausages and homemade meatballs.  Italian comfort food!

That is what we call here Neighborhood Food where we live!

The evening I return from a cruise/trip, I usually order a delivered pizza or, if my energy permits, a visit to an Italian restaurant called Bravo's.  It's a chain restaurant; it has had "tough times" during the pandemic.  But, my local venue survives.  Thus, in answer to the original question, I think I prefer something "Italian".  

My freezer will also have other options, if I should choose.  

When I returned from my last cruise, I was so exhausted when I got the luggage and me in my home, after a glass or so of wine, I dined on nothing.  I went to sleep in my Lazy-Boy and awoke the next day.  

I ain't as young as I used to be.  

It also depends what time I get home from the trip.  My next cruise? My flight arrives home about 9:30pm.....by the time I get home........probably 10:30 or so.......no dinner. 

And I usually eat lighter when getting back.....if it would be a decent hour......I would scramble 2 eggs and toast 2 pieces of rye. 

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

The evening I return from a cruise/trip, I usually order a delivered pizza or, if my energy permits, a visit to an Italian restaurant called Bravo's.  It's a chain restaurant; it has had "tough times" during the pandemic.  But, my local venue survives.  Thus, in answer to the original question, I think I prefer something "Italian".  

Our's Called La Villa and also Italian Restaurant/Pizza joint.

We to drag our way thru the luggage one by one with a rest then leading to the meal.

Imagine, if we were still on board we would be very busy and constantly walking but enter our home and Tired and Dead......

5 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Our's Called La Villa and also Italian Restaurant/Pizza joint.

We to drag our way thru the luggage one by one with a rest then leading to the meal.

Imagine, if we were still on board we would be very busy and constantly walking but enter our home and Tired and Dead......

Returning home after a cruise is downright depressing.  I usually put a drink and sit in my wing chair to contemplate the great memories…lol.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Returning home after a cruise is downright depressing.  I usually put a drink and sit in my wing chair to contemplate the great memories…lol.

I enjoy when time is available to review my photos/videos, eliminate bad ones and keep good. Nosh at the time. And arrange all the paperwork (programmes, menus) and all to develop a keepsake folder on the sailing.

I know what you mean by downright .......

14 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

23 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I was so exhausted when I got the luggage and me in my home, after a glass or so of wine, I dined on nothing.  I went to sleep in my Lazy-Boy and awoke the next day.  

As I said, I went to sleep while remembering my experiences from the previous 6 weeks.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, endymion6942 said:

Fried Oyster Poboys from New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood Company.

I am not familiar with the restaurant that your mentioned, an Oyster Poboy sounds worthwhile to returning home to enjoy.

I hope the hurricane that made a visit to your wonderful city did you little/no harm.

• 1 year later...