***CDC Lowers Travel Warning for Cruises***

Article: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/cdc-eases-warning-for-cruises-and-recommends-only-fully-vaccinated-travel.html

Source Material: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-3/coronavirus-cruise-ship

The CDC lowered the COVID-19 risk level of cruising from "Level 4: Very High" to "Level 3: High". The CDC has also recommended that people who are not fully vaccinated avoid travel on cruise ships.

This is overall great news for the industry, and I believe the CDC is moving in the right direction by (finally 🙄) easing travel restrictions for fully vaccinated folk. Hope to see more positive news for cruising in the coming weeks! 🚢

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

And IMHO totally not needed. Why the vaccine then?  Are we or are we not protected when we take it? Personally , I think the statistics are showing that the vaccine is working and people are going any and everywhere without mask safely.   Game changer.

Yes, you are. The masks protect any unvaccinated passengers on board who choose not to follow the CDC advice to avoid cruising at this time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Babr said:

Yes, you are. The masks protect any unvaccinated passengers on board who choose not to follow the CDC advice to avoid cruising at this time.

And ignore the fact they are still supposed to be wearing a mask in public.  If they don't want to protect themselves why should it be my job to protect them?

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

And IMHO totally not needed. Why the vaccine then?  Are we or are we not protected when we take it?

Remember that the primary reason for the mask has always been, not to protect you, but to protect others from you. 

Yes, it sucks that the vaccinated people are still required to wear a mask to protect those who are unvaccinated. I’ll leave it at that.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

Unfortunately buried in the notice is the reinstatement of the mask mandate for fully vaccinated passengers on cruise ships.

That'll change in the next few days. There are several rumors (even hinted at by RC's rules for Miami) that more stuff will get relaxed by the CDC soon

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

And ignore the fact they are still supposed to be wearing a mask in public.  If they don't want to protect themselves why should it be my job to protect them?

Here is just a thought..."Civic responsibility means active participation in the public life of a community in an informed, committed, and constructive manner, with a focus on the common good".

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, gc said:

Here is just a thought..."Civic responsibility means active participation in the public life of a community in an informed, committed, and constructive manner, with a focus on the common good".

Balanced with liberty.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, gc said:

How about the survival of the fittest or God helps those who help themselves.  I'm not advocating the vaccine for those who don't want it but at least take on some responsibility and wear a mask.  I took responsibility by getting vaccinated and following protocols. I'm done.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

Unfortunately buried in the notice is the reinstatement of the mask mandate for fully vaccinated passengers on cruise ships.

I just read that. The CDC is regressing and changed their guidelines for vaccinated people on cruise ships. I cannot believe what I just read on the CDC site. I'm gobsmacked............

"Wear a mask to keep your nose and mouth covered when you are in shared spaces. Masks are required (even for fully vaccinated people) on planes, cruise ships, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports, seaports, and train and subway stations. If a conveyance has outdoor areas, wearing a mask is not required while outdoors."

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That'll change in the next few days. There are several rumors (even hinted at by RC's rules for Miami) that more stuff will get relaxed by the CDC soon

Agree, it's coming. With last of rest States open and even here in Lock Down Michigan Distancing and the State Mask Mandate is ending everywhere

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I just read that. The CDC is regressing and changed their guidelines for vaccinated people. I cannot believe what I just read on the CDC site. I'm gobsmacked............

"Wear a mask to keep your nose and mouth covered when you are in shared spaces. Masks are required (even for fully vaccinated people) on planes, cruise ships, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports, seaports, and train and subway stations. If a conveyance has outdoor areas, wearing a mask is not required while outdoors."

Wouldn’t jump to conclusions just yet. The guidance of the CSO has not been changed. It still gives cruise lines discretion on fully vaxxed cruises to lift masking requirements or requirements in vaxx only segregated venues as per the May 26th update.  Masks are still required by the CSO for mixed cruises or mixed venues.  They have not yet updated or walked back anything in the CSO technical guidance for cruise ships. 

4 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

Wouldn’t jump to conclusions just yet. The guidance of the CSO has not been changed. It still gives cruise lines discretion on fully vaxxed cruises to lift masking requirements or requirements in vaxx only segregated venues as per the May 26th update.  Masks are still required by the CSO for mixed cruises or mixed venues.  They have not yet updated or walked back anything in the CSO technical guidance for cruise ships. 

BREATHE, BREATHE, BREATHE. Thank you. That helps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Nah. They will significantly crank up restrictions. The loss of the Odyssey is a big black eye. Expect enhanced restrictions to prevent Covid on ships. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

And IMHO totally not needed. Why the vaccine then?  Are we or are we not protected when we take it? Personally , I think the statistics are showing that the vaccine is working and people are going any and everywhere without mask safely.   Game changer.

A vaccine does NOT prevent you from catching COVID. It protects you from becoming seriously ill and dying WHEN you catch COVID. Going into crowds (cruise ships) without a mask will help you catch COVID and allow you vaccine you help you from becoming seriously ill and dying. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

While I am vac'd I know many unvaccinated people who are, at this time, reluctant to get the vaccine.  I respect their position. Not a single one expects me to wear a mask to protect them.  I can't imagine that there is any percentage of people worth counting that would have that expectation.  I could be wrong but it certainly isn't my experience.

That being said, here in California we finally got to go mask free on Tuesday.  I walked into a "Habit Burger"  and was asked to wear a mask.  I let them know I was vac'd but person behind the counter said that even though I and their fellow employees were vac'd they were still requiring masks.  So I went somewhere else for lunch. I don't know of one vaccine reluctant person who would have their concern or expectation.

• Like 5

Here is another line (look for it near the bottom) in the June 16, 2021 CDC Travel Notice Regarding Cruise Ship Travel and COVID 19 (just in case you are serious about following literally everything that the CDC declares) :

“Always follow state and local recommendations or requirements related to travel.”

So, if you do insist on obeying everything the CDC says to do, then, when cruising out of Florida, you will travel with the unvaccinated and you will like it.

L

O

L

Edited by ChuckRambo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Seriously I've been saying this for weeks - about time the CDC starts LISTENING to us!!

Were getting there. All US States opening up now, no Masks/Distance, soon will be Transportation then my Cruises! My predictions been on, actually sooner by couple weeks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Seriously I've been saying this for weeks - about time the CDC starts LISTENING to us!!

I don't think the CDC is basing its policy decisions on what a bunch of amateurs discuss on the internet. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Were getting there. All US States opening up now, no Masks/Distance, soon will be Transportation then my Cruises! My predictions been on, actually sooner by couple weeks

I know the federal mandate for planes, trains, etc is set to expire in September 13.  I hope it does not get extended again.  If it does, that would suck profusely.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Icesk8rReedy said:

I know the federal mandate for planes, trains, etc is set to expire in September 13.  I hope it does not get extended again.  If it does, that would suck profusely.

Got that right, have B7B in Oct/Nov with all my FCC's 90% already covered. Plan on getting no Tan Lines...Mask Free. Just Booked my Air/Hotel! 

• Like 1