New cancellations from Princess Announced 6-17-21

HBCcruiser

21 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Boo! We were scheduled on 2 of these cancelled cruises. Thank goodness I will be on the Royal AOS in 30 days!!

https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/

Thanks for providing us with this information. I’m on the October 31, 2021 Ruby cruise from San Francisco so let’s see what happens. 

I’ve read that the Ruby is supposed to go into dry docks in Portland but I’ve done extensive search of the dry dock facility in Portland with no Princess ship listed. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Thanks for providing us with this information. I’m on the October 31, 2021 Ruby cruise from San Francisco so let’s see what happens. 

I’ve read that the Ruby is supposed to go into dry docks in Portland but I’ve done extensive search of the dry dock facility in Portland with no Princess ship listed. 

Tom😀

My PVP confirmed the dry dock several months ago after I had a cruise canceled.  Our major dry dock here is actually on Swan Island about 5 miles from downtown

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

My PVP confirmed the dry dock several months ago after I had a cruise canceled.  Our major dry dock here is actually on Swan Island about 5 miles from downtown

Yes I’m familiar with the Swan Island dry dock, I’m originally from Portland, but whenever I’ve checked that site I don’t see any cruise ships scheduled. I even sent an email to someone but never heard anything back. Perhaps I’ll call them. 

Thanks!

Tom😀

We are thinking of switching Sep 18 7 Day Mexico for 7 day Coastal out of SFO - we would need to rebook but 110% FCC covers extra cost. Puzzle to me is they cancelled Oct 17 Ruby Coastal but not Oct 24.

On 6/17/2021 at 5:47 PM, Michelle19 said:

We got the email too. Our November 20th ABC island cruise was cancelled on the Caribbean Princess. However; they offered a move over to the Enchanted Princess to the Eastern side for 10 days for the same price as our original that was 8 days.  Same day, November 20th, 2021!  We called and said YES! 

Yep, got that email this afternoon, and we've opted to go on the Enchanted Princess 10-day sailing as well!

Looks like they've cancelled sailings on the Caribbean Princess, the Island Princess, and the Ruby Princess.  The rep I talked to says they're consolidating the fleet a bit to keep in line with what the CDC wants in terms of number of sailings.  Called my folks to give them the bad news/good news, with an emphasis on the fact that we'll get two more days on our cruise, on a brand new ship!  Pretty geeked about it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

We are thinking of switching Sep 18 7 Day Mexico for 7 day Coastal out of SFO - we would need to rebook but 110% FCC covers extra cost. Puzzle to me is they cancelled Oct 17 Ruby Coastal but not Oct 24.

Ted we were on Oct.17,2021 sailing which was just cancelled  Were moving to the following week. 

Princess gave us 2 options to move to,  Oct.24 or 31.

Were choosing Oct.24.

6 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’ve read on CC before that they were taking the Ruby to Portland for dry dock thus the cancelled cruises but the Portland Dry dock location shows no Princess ships so I agree with you it’s confusing.  

Tom😀

I agree...  it is confusing...  I am In a "social Media" Princess group and a nice gentleman posts the ships & locations weekly.  I always want to give folks credit for their work but I don't think I am allowed to do that here on Cruise  Critic.  So if he is reading this post,  Thank you sir!!  I suspect that Ruby will stay in La Paz Mexico until she goes to dry doc.

"West Coast North America (WCNA) cruise ship locations as of 06/13/2021 10:00 AM PDT

NEWS:
CRUISING ON THE WEST COAST OF NORTH AMERICA HAS RESUMED. Sort of. National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture have resumed the expeditionary type cruises that National Geographic Society is known for.
The Pride of America is in drydock in Portland OR.
The intent of this list is to track those ships with a published itinerary that brings it to a WCNA port through October, 2021. If you know of a ship not listed here, please feel free to let me know. Ships with # after the name DO NOT HAVE an itinerary that includes a WCNA port before October 31, 2021, but are currently located in the WCNA area. Departure port abbreviations: LA – Los Angeles; LB – Long Beach; SD – San Diego; SE – Seattle; SF – San Francisco; SW – Seaward AK; WH – Whittier AK; JU – Juneau, AK; NO – Nome, AK; VC – Vancouver BC
Carnival Cruise Lines: 05/22/2021
Carnival Miracle – 07/27/2021(SE): Cruising slowly of Southern California
Carnival Panorama – 08/21/2021(LB): Moored Long Beach
Celebrity Cruises: 05/22/2021
Celebrity Millennium – 07/23/2021(SE): Cruising slowly off Bridgetown Barbados
Holland America Line: 05/22/2021
Koningsdam – 10/24/2021(SD): Enroute to Los Angeles ETA 06/18
Nieuw Amsterdam – 07/24/2021(SE): Moored Los Angeles
Noordam#: Enroute to La Paz anchorage ETA 06/15
Westerdam#: Anchored La Paz Anchorage
Zuiderdam - 10/30/2021(SD): Anchored La Paz Anchorage
National Geographic Society: 05/15/2021
National Geographic Orion – 07/01/2021(NO): Enroute to Ketchikan ETA 06/16
National Geographic Quest – 06/05/2021(JU): RESUMED CRUISING IN ALASKA
National Geographic Sea Bird – 07/01/2021(JU): Moored Terminal Island
National Geographic Sea Lion – 06/25/2021(JU): Enroute to Seattle ETA 06/14
National Geographic Venture– 06/06/2021(JU): RESUMED CRUISING IN ALASKA
Norwegian Cruise Lines: 06/06/2021
Norwegian Bliss – 10/24/2021(LA): Anchored off Portland UK
Norwegian Encore – 08/07/2021(SE): Enroute to Busan KR for crewing operations ETA 06/21
Oceania Cruises 05/15/2021
Regatta – 10/02/2021(LA): Anchored Long Beach inner harbor
Princess Cruises 05/22/2021
Emerald Princess#: Enroute to La Paz anchorage ETA 06/18
Grand Princess – 09/25/2021(LA): Anchored La Paz anchorage
Majestic Princess – 07/25/2021(SE): Cruising slowly off Southern California
Royal Princess#: Enroute to Los Angeles ETA 06/14
Ruby Princess – 08/28/2021(LA): Anchored La Paz anchorage
Royal Caribbean 05/22/2021
Ovation of the Seas – 08/13/2021(SE): Enroute to Busan KR for crewing operations ETA 06/14
Serenade of the Seas – 07/19/2021(SE): Moored Miami
Vidanta Cruises: Information not found.
Vidanta Elegant: Moored Mazatlán"

Also, I read in another thread:  (again, thank you and credit to the original poster!)  "The Ruby is going into dry dock in Portland Oregon (Swan Island) for 17 days (September/October 2021).  Its about a 2.5 week drydock to upgrade the air circulation system, medallion upgrades and social distancing in restaurants and theaters."

I asked my PCVP about the dry dock and she knew even less than I did... she said the dates were 9-30-2021 to 10-17-2021 and with no specific description, guessed it included replacing carpets as needed, Medallion "tweaks" and general maintenance.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/data/?asset_type=vessels&columns=flag,shipname,photo,recognized_next_port,reported_eta,reported_destination,current_port,imo,ship_type,show_on_live_map,time_of_latest_position,lat_of_latest_position,lon_of_latest_position,notes&current_port_in|begins|LA PAZ ANCH|current_port_in=22743 

Edited by MishelleMcc

1 hour ago, MishelleMcc said:

I agree...  it is confusing...  I am In a "social Media" Princess group and a nice gentleman posts the ships & locations weekly.  I always want to give folks credit for their work but I don't think I am allowed to do that here on Cruise  Critic.  So if he is reading this post,  Thank you sir!!  I suspect that Ruby will stay in La Paz Mexico until she goes to dry doc.

"West Coast North America (WCNA) cruise ship locations as of 06/13/2021 10:00 AM PDT

NEWS:
CRUISING ON THE WEST COAST OF NORTH AMERICA HAS RESUMED. Sort of. National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture have resumed the expeditionary type cruises that National Geographic Society is known for.
The Pride of America is in drydock in Portland OR.
The intent of this list is to track those ships with a published itinerary that brings it to a WCNA port through October, 2021. If you know of a ship not listed here, please feel free to let me know. Ships with # after the name DO NOT HAVE an itinerary that includes a WCNA port before October 31, 2021, but are currently located in the WCNA area. Departure port abbreviations: LA – Los Angeles; LB – Long Beach; SD – San Diego; SE – Seattle; SF – San Francisco; SW – Seaward AK; WH – Whittier AK; JU – Juneau, AK; NO – Nome, AK; VC – Vancouver BC
Carnival Cruise Lines: 05/22/2021
Carnival Miracle – 07/27/2021(SE): Cruising slowly of Southern California
Carnival Panorama – 08/21/2021(LB): Moored Long Beach
Celebrity Cruises: 05/22/2021
Celebrity Millennium – 07/23/2021(SE): Cruising slowly off Bridgetown Barbados
Holland America Line: 05/22/2021
Koningsdam – 10/24/2021(SD): Enroute to Los Angeles ETA 06/18
Nieuw Amsterdam – 07/24/2021(SE): Moored Los Angeles
Noordam#: Enroute to La Paz anchorage ETA 06/15
Westerdam#: Anchored La Paz Anchorage
Zuiderdam - 10/30/2021(SD): Anchored La Paz Anchorage
National Geographic Society: 05/15/2021
National Geographic Orion – 07/01/2021(NO): Enroute to Ketchikan ETA 06/16
National Geographic Quest – 06/05/2021(JU): RESUMED CRUISING IN ALASKA
National Geographic Sea Bird – 07/01/2021(JU): Moored Terminal Island
National Geographic Sea Lion – 06/25/2021(JU): Enroute to Seattle ETA 06/14
National Geographic Venture– 06/06/2021(JU): RESUMED CRUISING IN ALASKA
Norwegian Cruise Lines: 06/06/2021
Norwegian Bliss – 10/24/2021(LA): Anchored off Portland UK
Norwegian Encore – 08/07/2021(SE): Enroute to Busan KR for crewing operations ETA 06/21
Oceania Cruises 05/15/2021
Regatta – 10/02/2021(LA): Anchored Long Beach inner harbor
Princess Cruises 05/22/2021
Emerald Princess#: Enroute to La Paz anchorage ETA 06/18
Grand Princess – 09/25/2021(LA): Anchored La Paz anchorage
Majestic Princess – 07/25/2021(SE): Cruising slowly off Southern California
Royal Princess#: Enroute to Los Angeles ETA 06/14
Ruby Princess – 08/28/2021(LA): Anchored La Paz anchorage
Royal Caribbean 05/22/2021
Ovation of the Seas – 08/13/2021(SE): Enroute to Busan KR for crewing operations ETA 06/14
Serenade of the Seas – 07/19/2021(SE): Moored Miami
Vidanta Cruises: Information not found.
Vidanta Elegant: Moored Mazatlán"

Also, I read in another thread:  (again, thank you and credit to the original poster!)  "The Ruby is going into dry dock in Portland Oregon (Swan Island) for 17 days (September/October 2021).  Its about a 2.5 week drydock to upgrade the air circulation system, medallion upgrades and social distancing in restaurants and theaters."

I asked my PCVP about the dry dock and she knew even less than I did... she said the dates were 9-30-2021 to 10-17-2021 and with no specific description, guessed it included replacing carpets as needed, Medallion "tweaks" and general maintenance.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/data/?asset_type=vessels&columns=flag,shipname,photo,recognized_next_port,reported_eta,reported_destination,current_port,imo,ship_type,show_on_live_map,time_of_latest_position,lat_of_latest_position,lon_of_latest_position,notes&current_port_in|begins|LA PAZ ANCH|current_port_in=22743 

Thanks for the info. FYI…I looked several times at the dry dock site & find no mention of the Ruby Princess being there. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Ted we were on Oct.17,2021 sailing which was just cancelled  Were moving to the following week. 

Were choosing Oct.24.

Thank you, that’s good news it seems 24th is not to be cancelled. Curious, I assume they offered you a straight swap. It seems the 110% FCC Would pay for a rebook for us. I suppose it would be too complicated to offer us to switch to Coastal from Mexico Riviera. 

new cruise more expensive

4 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Were choosing Oct.24.

Thank you, that’s good news it seems 24th is not to be cancelled. Curious, I assume they offered you a straight swap. It seems the 110% FCC Would pay for a rebook for us. I suppose it would be too complicated to offer us to switch to Coastal from Mexico Riviera. 

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

Thanks for the info. FYI…I looked several times at the dry dock site & find no mention of the Ruby Princess being there. 

Tom😀

I couldn't find any additional info either...  A guy (maybe the original poster?) lives in Portland and was going to go check things out when she comes in for drydock...  If I hear anything, I will post on CC.  👀

6 hours ago, Ldyandrea said:

Looks like they've cancelled sailings on the Caribbean Princess, the Island Princess, and the Ruby Princess.  The rep I talked to says they're consolidating the fleet a bit to keep in line with what the CDC wants in terms of number of sailings. 

I know of no CDC restrictions on the number of sailings, just the length of them.

So these ships have been without passengers for over a year and they couldn't have done all of this work during that time?  I'm sure someone is going to thoroughly educate me on how the ship world works, but oh my goodness, what a wasted opportunity IMO.  Annnd, I really just need my vacation to not get cancelled for the billionth time!  🙂

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 10:20 PM, Tedferg said:

CalLuvs Did OBC change cruises?

I meant to ask if OBC transfers between cruises. We had a nice OBC on the cancelled Sep 18 cruise. I seem to remember when cancellations first happened due to Covid-19 that some Perks from cancelled cruises were honored on replacement cruises. I also wonder if other cruises can be chosen as replacements. Our replacements offered for Sep 18 2021 Mexico Riviera were all on Majestic in 2022, same itinerary. Would be nice to switch to Oct 24 Coastal and keep OBC 🙂

3 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I meant to ask if OBC transfers between cruises. We had a nice OBC on the cancelled Sep 18 cruise. I seem to remember when cancellations first happened due to Covid-19 that some Perks from cancelled cruises were honored on replacement cruises. I also wonder if other cruises can be chosen as replacements. Our replacements offered for Sep 18 2021 Mexico Riviera were all on Majestic in 2022, same itinerary. Would be nice to switch to Oct 24 Coastal and keep OBC 🙂

Unfortunately they did not for us. 😔

I'm not sure how to answer that 

Princess offered us 2 choices for straight over transfer of cruise they cancelled

Since we were able to make the change (instead of getting a refund or the other)

I sent email reply, that came with our Cancellation email, to make the date change.

4 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

I'm not sure how to answer that 

Princess offered us 2 choices for straight over transfer of cruise they cancelled

Since we were able to make the change (instead of getting a refund or the other)

I sent email reply, that came with our Cancellation email, to make the date change.

Jan 2022 replacement cruises have same OBC as our cancelled cruise. 

Edited by Tedferg