Florida wins injunction over CDC's CSO

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Ok, why. It's just politics lately. 

All about optics now

Because the CDC is not going to just fold and walk away.  They have too much invested in not doing that.  Especially after today.  That’s the optics. This just throws the restart into a tailspin and that’s not a good result either.  Round one to Florida.  An appeal will be filed and/or a replacement CSO will come into play. Then we have Round 2.  

5 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

I hope all the happy people here will be booking their cruise out of Florida ASAP and set sail this summer.

ASAP? Nothing has changed until/unless the cruise lines change their protocols.

Edited by DallasGuy75219
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Not sure why this photo was selected to be posted here, but....

Did you ever wonder looking at that photo if she had a say in whether she wanted such a forceful kiss?

It is a beautiful photo and a great part of American history! The woman in that photo was very proud of it and talked about in a few interviews. The two even met up in their elderly years and talked about how proud of the photo they were. Relax and enjoy life.

Edited by skywonder
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, MrMarc said:

I think it is much broader than that because it finds that the CDC overstepped it's statutory power, so that would apply everywhere.

It states very clearly in the decision text that the order only applies to the state of FL (no decision yet on Alaska or Texas) which are the only three states legally pursuing this -- i.e. other states are fine letting cruise lines require proof of vaccination so they can sail more or less normally w/o mock sailings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

LOL.

Pass around the 'crow' to the legal experts.

124 pages of ~

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

🙃

Now we will see retorts that 'it was from 'a DeSantis Judge.  🙄

And, of course, with the same guarantee, it will be overturned on appeal.  😁

[..clears throat...]  Told you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Because the CDC is not going to just fold and walk away.  They have too much invested in not doing that.  Especially after today.  That’s the optics. This just throws the restart into a tailspin and that’s not a good result either.  Round one to Florida.  An appeal will be filed and/or a replacement CSO will come into play. Then we have Round 2.  

That remains to be seen, I don't have that kind of foresight

Wife and I Have the shot. Booked for Aug 06 to 09 Freedom out of Miami. If you do not have that Shot, not my Problem. Good Luck and God Speeds. Hope you do not DIE. Let’s go and PARTY. Cruise paid,Drink Package Purchased.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yeah it is. The CDC just got its a** handed to it and I’m positively gleeful. 

Please explain how so? The CSO was not vacated or tossed aside. The judge further allows for the CDC to enter a new CSO within the boundaries set by the judge and mandated both parties to continue mediation. Florida decidedly/indisputably won a battle, but to say the case is over is just silly when it's in plain sight the judge is walking a sensible line between free-for-all and "arbitrary and capricious" measures. He further recognizes the things are fluid and change and willing to host hearings within 24 hours.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Please explain how so? The CSO was not vacated or tossed aside. The judge further allows for the CDC to enter a new CSO within the boundaries set by the judge and mandated both parties to continue mediation. Florida decidedly/indisputably won a battle, but to say the case is over is just silly when it's in plain sight the judge is walking a sensible line between free-for-all and "arbitrary and capricious" measures. He further recognizes the things are fluid and change and willing to host hearings within 24 hours.

Not sure why he thinks mediation will work this time. Already tried and failed. He just wants this case to go away soon because if there is a trial it will take months.

Just now, Pratique said:

Not sure why he thinks mediation will work this time. Already tried and failed. He just wants this case to go away soon because if there is a trial it will take months.

That's a really good question and my thoughts exactly. My guess is "I already told you what I would like the new CSO to be, so under those boundaries attempt to agree on a new CSO"

25 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Not sure why this photo was selected to be posted here, but....

Did you ever wonder looking at that photo if she had a say in whether she wanted such a forceful kiss?

"Forceful kiss"....oh pah-leeze!

The photo is from when WWII was declared to be over. Everyone was ecstatic! The statue is in my area and is a treasure and a landmark.....we LOVE it!

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

How the CDC chooses to react.

Chest pounding or tail between legs

Well you seemed to have enough foresight to suggest they would do the “tail between the legs” things earlier.  And I disagree.  We are back at square one.  I guess we’ll see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

Well you seemed to have enough foresight to suggest they would do the “tail between the legs” things earlier.  And I disagree.  We are back at square one.  I guess we’ll see. 

I was just offering up options

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CruiserRob said:

Is there any text available that outlines what the judge expects to see in the new CSO?

He just wants scientific evidence to support whatever they are going to propose.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I was talking about this with someone recently. Most people alive today including me have no real idea of what life was like during WWII. Lots of sacrifices were made. I can only imagine but I try to put everything in perspective. I can wait a few more months to go cruising.

I know more than I'd like to know. My dad tells his stories, cant stop him. Hes 102 and was in WWII. Though it's how he met my 95 year old mom.

Tree skier says it better than me. I marched in the 70s for equality and to me this was about treating the cruise industry the same. I get it, many here argue cruising should be treated as the wicked step child. Their argument is they deserve it... they shouldn't be treated the same.

I was in the 2nd class of my mba class who accepted women, and many other things women werent supposed to do. I didnt listen then and dont know if they say all shouldn't be treated equally. Which was floridas argument. The cruiseline was singled out for unequal treatment. 

Lots of sore posters here upset equal treatment won today .. until tomorrow anyway. Things change. They will keep on arguing cruising is the ugly stepsister and deserves to be treated badly.

Not everyone believes in equal treatment. My bil treats his boys different because they don't go to church .. always people think they have a good reason. .until it hurts them. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Nothing changes until July 18 (or sooner if CDC modifies the order).

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I know more than I'd like to know. My dad tells his stories, cant stop him. Hes 102 and was in WWII. Though it's how he met my 95 year old mom.

Tree skier says it better than me. I marched in the 70s for equality and to me this was about treating the cruise industry the same. I get it, many here argue cruising should be treated as the wicked step child. Their argument is they deserve it... they shouldn't be treated the same.

I was in the 2nd class of my mba class who accepted women, and many other things women werent supposed to do. I didnt listen then and dont know if they say all shouldn't be treated equally. Which was floridas argument. The cruiseline was singled out for unequal treatment. 

Lots of sore posters here upset equal treatment won today .. until tomorrow anyway. Things change. They will keep on arguing cruising is the ugly stepsister and deserves to be treated badly.

Not everyone believes in equal treatment. My bil treats his boys different because they don't go to church .. always people think they have a good reason. .until it hurts them. 

You are SO LUCKY to have both your parents alive at those wonderful ages!  Thank him for his service and happy father's day!  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1