Anyone receive a boarding time earlier than 5:00pm?

I have a group of friends on the July 3.  I am cruising later.  I received a 5:00pm embark. All of them are at the Marriott Courtyard  and all were given 5:00pm boarding times.

They were told they can make their way to the Baha Mar and check in there and get the shuttle but they will still only be allowed to board at 5:00pm

Has anyone received an earlier boarding time?  i wonder, if so, it has to do with staying at the Crystal hotel?

19 minutes ago, cruisr said:

I have a group of friends on the July 3.  I am cruising later.  I received a 5:00pm embark. All of them are at the Marriott Courtyard  and all were given 5:00pm boarding times.

They were told they can make their way to the Baha Mar and check in there and get the shuttle but they will still only be allowed to board at 5:00pm

Has anyone received an earlier boarding time?  i wonder, if so, it has to do with staying at the Crystal hotel?

This has been discussed on the July 3 roll call.  The times do vary from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM based on what people have posted.

Keith

9 minutes ago, cruisr said:

Thanks.  they are not members here but i will tell them to look there.

You are very welcome.

The key is to go with the time that is on the final cruise documents.

In addition everyone booked on the cruise will receive communications from Crystal which should provide lots of details.

Keith

My boarding time for July 3 on the original emailed information was 5 pm. Then I received the mailing (with luggage tags) stating 3 pm. An email from Crystal stated:

image.png.b3a7c4b81b7b2ff3e074766b5589d2e6.png

My travel agent was told Noon. I am not sure at this time. I was hoping this was not COVID related, but I am not certain at this time when I will be onboard the ship or where I will be registering to board. Time can only tell. I need to be patient.  With only 2-weeks to go, Crystal has 14 days to make decisions and change plans.

47 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

My boarding time for July 3 on the original emailed information was 5 pm. Then I received the mailing (with luggage tags) stating 3 pm.

I did not receive any printable luggage tags with my cruise docs. Will they be available at the port?

I have a 5pm for July 17  Received the detailed e mail just now on testing location and cost for the return test to the USA which will be done on board for 30$ pp. 

5 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

I did not receive any printable luggage tags with my cruise docs. Will they be available at the port?

There will be luggage tags at the port.

In addition to getting the electronic transfer have you gotten an envelope sent to your home with a cover page of your final cruise documents?  If so, that should have come with three luggage tags per person.

I am not sure which sailing you are on.  If the July 3 sailing you should have gotten these and if not you can have your TA contact Crystal Cruises.  If the July 10 sailing you should do the same as I would think you would have had them by now.

Keith

5 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

There will be luggage tags at the port.

In addition to getting the electronic transfer have you gotten an envelope sent to your home with a cover page of your final cruise documents?  If so, that should have come with three luggage tags per person.

I am not sure which sailing you are on.  If the July 3 sailing you should have gotten these and if not you can have your TA contact Crystal Cruises.  If the July 10 sailing you should do the same as I would think you would have had them by now.

Keith

I did not receive luggage tags or cover pages either... it seems there is a lack of communication and consistency at the home office between Cruise Consultants...

Posted (edited)

According to my TA, Crystal is mailing luggage tags to all guests

Everything else was sent electronically.

Edited by bitob
7 minutes ago, aputt said:

I did not receive luggage tags or cover pages either... it seems there is a lack of communication and consistency at the home office between Cruise Consultants...

What is the date of your cruise?

Keith

Just now, bitob said:

According to my TA, Crystal is mailing luggage tags to all guests

Yes, your TA is correct.

They mail to each person three pre-printed luggage tags and for each person the first page of their cruise document which has the bar code.

Keith

2 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Yes, your TA is correct.

They mail to each person three pre-printed luggage tags and for each person the first page of their cruise document which has the bar code.

Keith

The bar code is on the electronic documents

2 minutes ago, bitob said:

The bar code is on the electronic documents

Yes it is.  I was just noting you get a one page cover of the documents and that has the bar code too and that is all you would need to bring with you to embarkation rather than all of the other pages unless someone wanted to bring them with them to have all the information contained in them.

Keith

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

What is the date of your cruise?

Keith

July 3rd.

I called my Cruise Consultant at Crystal directly and was told they are not mailing these... I have since sent him another email for clarification.

Edited by aputt
typo

I wanted to add as I understand they are mailing the luggage tags/first page of the final cruise document around 30 days before the sailing.  Assuming the have each person's home address they would go directly to the guest and not the TA.

Keith

7 minutes ago, aputt said:

July 3rd.

I called my Cruise Consultant at Crystal directly and was told they are not mailing these... I have since sent him another email for clarification.

Wow.  Very strange.  

For the July 3 sailing  luggage tags/first page of final documents went out on June 2 and June 3.   

On the roll call many indicated receiving them starting I believe June 7 or possibly a day or so earlier.

Keith

Keith - Not sure if it had to do with the fact I booked a GTY P1 originally then upgraded to the SH? Regardless, they assigned the P1 room prior to June 2/3rd timeframe so that should not have mattered. I then upgraded to the SH and was told during that call luggage tags would not be mailed and to use the same PDF cover sheets I had with the P1 info... just seems there is confusion within the ranks on what's going on with this first sailing.

You can get tags at the dock.  I would not worry about it.  This happens sometimes even when things are normal and you do not change your cabin.

51 minutes ago, aputt said:

Keith - Not sure if it had to do with the fact I booked a GTY P1 originally then upgraded to the SH? Regardless, they assigned the P1 room prior to June 2/3rd timeframe so that should not have mattered. I then upgraded to the SH and was told during that call luggage tags would not be mailed and to use the same PDF cover sheets I had with the P1 info... just seems there is confusion within the ranks on what's going on with this first sailing.

Yes, it could be the timing of the assignment.  They would use an outside vendor for the luggage tags as they are pre-printed and I am not sure what the lead times are.  I suspect that is what it is.  This is the first time Crystal has done final documents like this between the e-document and then mailing out pre printed luggage tags (normally they were just tags where we filled in name, date and suite/stateroom number.  I do think the intent was to get tags mail home to everyone where they had addresses but again for the upgrades and last minute changes I can see where that was a problem.

Just bring your e-docs with you (just the cover sheet with the bar code will suffice) and you can get luggage tags.  My guess is they will have them at the Convention Center in addition to the pier.

Keith

7 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Yes, it could be the timing of the assignment.  They would use an outside vendor for the luggage tags as they are pre-printed and I am not sure what the lead times are.  I suspect that is what it is.  This is the first time Crystal has done final documents like this between the e-document and then mailing out pre printed luggage tags (normally they were just tags where we filled in name, date and suite/stateroom number.  I do think the intent was to get tags mail home to everyone where they had addresses but again for the upgrades and last minute changes I can see where that was a problem.

Just bring your e-docs with you (just the cover sheet with the bar code will suffice) and you can get luggage tags.  My guess is they will have them at the Convention Center in addition to the pier.

Keith

Keith, I agree.  It wouldn't surprise me if they only pre-printed luggage tags for people that had cabin assignments by fulfillment vendor's lead cut-off (which is weeks ahead of mailing).  That's exactly how I would have planned it if I were Crystal.

In the old days you could send out the blank tags and just email the guarantee guests the new cover page before they leave, and then they could write the new cabin assignment on the tags.  You lose that flexibility with pre-printing.  The new process seems perfectly workable though, and I like the new tags.  I'm hoping they stick around a while (even though they sound pretty temporary.)

Vince