Baha Mar Convention Center: All Must Go There for Antigen Test

Just posting on the Crystal website: https://www.crystalcruises.com/crystal-clean?utm_source=website&utm_medium=homepagetiles&utm_campaign=crystalclean&utm_content=ocean

image.png.90add24eb1bbddaae6132c7dd2a8da1a.png

Thank you for not trusting my former information (and for someone insisting that we would receive an email today, 6/18/2021, which we did not receive).  

Another GREAT communication from Crystal. Thank you!!!!

Looks like shuttles are provided to the ship after the antigen testing is done.  Anyone know how much a taxi will cost from the downtown area to the testing area?

I just received this from Crystal in an email. Yes we all have to go meet at the convention center but it says that we should pay the $30 with our visa for the test coming back to the US

73E46146-405E-4417-A9B7-082BBA16EEAC.jpeg

3 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

Ok, so now we have to take a taxi from our hotel to the Baha Mar. Will Crystal then provide transportation to the pier after the antigen test is completed?

No! But I am nit at a hotel near there nor planning on  switching.I wonder if Nassau had Uber? I used Uber in Mexico. 

Also wonder  if the term shuttle is a 40 person bus with our suitcases.  Not thrilled with that at all.

I have read that Uber does not operate in Nassau.

Personally, I'm more concerned about the on board protocols that are much more restrictive than what I was expecting; i.e. requiring masks in places where proper distancing is not possible such as elevators, show lounges and the fitness center, masks recommended in the dining rooms,  social distancing with people not in your traveling party. I wasn't expecting this on a cruise where all passengers and all crew were supposed to be vaccinated.

I'm also concerned about the wording of their statement on crew vaccinations. They expect a majority of the crew to be fully vaccinated by the end of July. That just means more than half! They've had plenty of time to make arrangements for the entire crew to be vaccinated.

Tom.

1 minute ago, giustot said:

I'm also concerned about the wording of their statement on crew vaccinations. They expect a majority of the crew to be fully vaccinated by the end of July. That just means more than half! They've had plenty of time to make arrangements for the entire crew to be vaccinated.

Not sure what you were expecting re the crew but Crystal have never stated all crew would be vaccinated - they have said they will be eventually and they will be tested regularly

These cruises were always going to be an experiment and be subject to changes - and that’s definitely going to be what happens. One thing I think is certain - it’s certainly not going to be a regular Crystal cruise with many of the aspects we have all enjoyed in the past, one example of that being minimal engagement with crew 

15 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Not sure what you were expecting re the crew but Crystal have never stated all crew would be vaccinated - they have said they will be eventually and they will be tested regularly

I was expecting more crew to be vaccinated than a little over 50%. Other lesser cruise lines with larger ships have achieved near 100% crew vaccinations.

5 hours ago, njguy_south said:

Just posting on the Crystal website: https://www.crystalcruises.com/crystal-clean?utm_source=website&utm_medium=homepagetiles&utm_campaign=crystalclean&utm_content=ocean

image.png.90add24eb1bbddaae6132c7dd2a8da1a.png

Thank you for not trusting my former information (and for someone insisting that we would receive an email today, 6/18/2021, which we did not receive).  

Another GREAT communication from Crystal. Thank you!!!!

We did receive the e-mail on the 18th.  It just came in the evening although for some in the afternoon depending on where you live.

And I am not aware of anyone who did not believe you.  Rather my only comment was for further details for everyone to wait for a comprehensive e-mail from Crystal and that is precisely what we got yesterday.

And let's say something happened and the e-mail didn't go out yesterday so be it.  But that doesn't make it wrong that it was indicated that the e-mail would go out yesterday.  That was the best status I had at the time.  As it turned out it did.

With that said, some might have received it hours apart as often happens with major e-mail mailings and some might discover it is in their spam folder.

Keith

I think the vacation guide is precisely what was needed.

Keith

Just want to make some comments.  

As of last evening the on the Bahamas Visa site the capability to pay for the artigen test for the return home was not yet working.  No big deal because once working you can make the payment yourself or as noted in the guide you can just have this charged to your shipboard account.

A few asked about transportation.  Crystal will provide transportation for everyone going from the convention center to the ship.  And as noted for those who had purchased private transport to the ship those vehicles will be available.  

Just a reminder that the boarding time is still based on what is shown on the cover page of the cruise ship documents.  So if you get to the convention center very early be prepared to wait.

Keith

3 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Just a reminder that the boarding time is still based on what is shown on the cover page of the cruise ship documents.  So if you get to the convention center very early be prepared to wait

How does that gel with the instructions in the guide to arrive 2 hours prior to the allocated time?

C7CBAAD5-33AB-4B86-9DAD-7CDE33CD19AB.thumb.jpeg.ef0c8a25af6d9bca95e086f72011f10b.jpeg
F44D04C6-9DD5-4708-9451-0A845F144040.thumb.jpeg.49a154de0119e34c7b16c63e6c3027ec.jpeg

1 minute ago, Stickman1990 said:

How does that gel with the instructions in the guide to arrive 2 hours prior to the allocated time?

C7CBAAD5-33AB-4B86-9DAD-7CDE33CD19AB.thumb.jpeg.ef0c8a25af6d9bca95e086f72011f10b.jpeg
F44D04C6-9DD5-4708-9451-0A845F144040.thumb.jpeg.49a154de0119e34c7b16c63e6c3027ec.jpeg

It does.

Boarding time of the ship is what is on your cruise ticket.

So if your boarding time is 3:00 PM you want to get to the center by at least 1:00 PM.  However if you get there at 11:00 AM you will still board at 3:00 PM in this example and not sooner.  I mentioned it because there are some with boarding times of 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM and if they get there at 11:00 AM they should be prepared to wait for quite awhile for their transfer.

Keith

7 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

It does.

Boarding time of the ship is what is on your cruise ticket.

So if your boarding time is 3:00 PM you want to get to the center by at least 1:00 PM.  However if you get there at 11:00 AM you will still board at 3:00 PM in this example and not sooner.  I mentioned it because there are some with boarding times of 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM and if they get there at 11:00 AM they should be prepared to wait for quite awhile for their transfer.

Keith

Do you know if we can drop off our luggage at noon and then taxi or shuttle to Baha Mar Hotel to have a drink/lunch and maybe gamble a little until we have to be at the convention center at 3pm for our 5pm boarding time?  If this is possible it would solve my waiting issues after checking out of my hotel.

Or -- will they take the luggage at the Convention Center?

I hate the idea of dragging luggage from hotel to convention center to ship

47 minutes ago, Gambler458 said:

Do you know if we can drop off our luggage at noon and then taxi or shuttle to Baha Mar Hotel to have a drink/lunch and maybe gamble a little until we have to be at the convention center at 3pm for our 5pm boarding time?  If this is possible it would solve my waiting issues after checking out of my hotel.

Excellent question and I do not know the answer.

Best bet is to write to onboard guest service at onboardgstsvcsATcrystalcruisesDOTcom

use @ for AT and . for DOT.

The one thing I would think through is in the unlikely event you test positive you won't be able to board and would have to somehow get your luggage back.

Keith

9 hours ago, giustot said:

Personally, I'm more concerned about the on board protocols that are much more restrictive than what I was expecting; i.e. requiring masks in places where proper distancing is not possible such as elevators, show lounges and the fitness center, masks recommended in the dining rooms,  social distancing with people not in your traveling party. I wasn't expecting this on a cruise where all passengers and all crew were supposed to be vaccinated.

Tom.

If you read their protocols the crew is expected to get its vaccine from its home nation,  so good luck with that.  Sure that doesn't apply to officers. 

10 hours ago, giustot said:

Tom.

Who wears a mask in the fitness center?  Absolutely ridiculous.....you need to be able to readily inhale/exhale ....and the healthiest people are we regular "gym rats!"  😠

11 hours ago, giustot said:

Yes, I agree. This takes us back to how things were months ago. I had really expected them to make more positive changes based on CDC guidance. Nothing we can do about it now, but not particularly looking forward to cruising with all the restrictions (and that is coming from someone from one of the strictest states where we can now go about our lives without all these restrictions).

Luggage Forward picking up my luggage in a week

I have packed plenty of masks.

We do not mind wearing them even on board.

The risk is not worth it.

1 minute ago, BBWC said:

Yes, I agree. This takes us back to how things were months ago. I had really expected them to make more positive changes based on CDC guidance. Nothing we can do about it now, but not particularly looking forward to cruising with all the restrictions (and that is coming from someone from one of the strictest states where we can now go about our lives without all these restrictions).

I'm also a little disappointed. We are all vaccinated and CDC guidelines are much more relaxed then the Crystal protocols. I may have to cancel some of my excursions as I will not wear a mask on a multi hour tour in the heat and humidity. I have no problem wearing them on shuttles, etc but was hoping to not have to based on our vaccination status.

I cancelled my reservation in town and made a reservation at Baha Mar.  Will be easier.

I too am disappointed in the protocols.  Too late now as its 100% cancellation.

i may just do one or two shorex and just explore on my own.   As long as we don't need to wear a mask in the pool!  I will not use the gym with a mask.  i will just walk the deck.