SunSet Beach Resort Montego Bay

armywifefisher

I was there during my 8/20 Freedom cruise. It should cost $2 per person each way. My taxi driver tried to get a little more out of us, but we told him it was $2 before departing, and he agreed. Sunset Beach was a nice beach, not crowded at all, no bothersome locals trying to sell you stuff while you are on the beach. The food was simply ok - the restaurant had a very modest buffet, which, to tell you the truth, wasn't too appealing. The desserts looked pretty good though. They also have a "grill" where you can get burgers, fries, hot dogs, pizza, and jerk chicken. Although it wasn't crowded on the day we were there, we had to stand on line for 10-15 minutes for the grill. Drinks were ok.

How was the grill food? could you eat at both places if you wanted? Did you notice the nude beach? My kids are 11/13 and really dont want to expose them yet.

thx!:)

the food at the grill was ok but nothing special. the jerk chicken was very good; the burgers were good; the hot dogs left a lot to be desired. i think the fries were ok. yes, you can eat at both places; no one is keeping track. we had two 16 year old girls with us, and we did not come across the nude beach; that should not be a problem. as far as towels, i didn't receive a voucher; but i didn't ask for one either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We are going on the Conquest soon, February 11th sailing and will be in Jamiaca on Valentine's Day. This will be our third cruise on the Conquest and we will go to SunSet Beach for our third time. We love it. The do have a massage hut, right out on the beach....actually close enough to the nude beach to see it. Don't worry about the kids, as long you don't let them wonder too far they will not see the nude beach. It is across a surf break and there is a sign warning you about the nude side. I see from our Roll Call that we are going to have lots of company there on this sailing.

• 3 weeks later...

If you want wave runners go to Doctor's Cave Beach. Great beach also, with the Hip Strip shopping right there. With a group of 18 this will give everybody several options.

Sunset Beach Resort is located on a marine park park which means NO motorized traffic.

I apologize if this has already been answered in these posts but I am having trouble finding answers to all of my questions. I used this board before on our 1st cruise and planned everything by everyone's posts and we had a PERFECT cruise so I am back again for our 2nd time!

1st ?- how do you book the Sunset Beach Excursion? I don't see it on the excursions offered through Carnival. Is there a website or tour company anyone would suggest or do you just get a cab to take you there and then you pay? How can you be certain it is available?

2nd ?- Is it still true you only should ride in certain cabs with certain colored tags on them? Are there any other suggestions about cabs in Montego Bay?

Thanks so much for replies! :-) Please email me at thoneycu@ccisd.net

We just returned from Sunset beach. We just caught a cab in the port area (don't get one outside you don't know where they might take you). The cab was 5$ for both of us and than we just paid 40$ each when we got there. Make sure you tell them you are a cruise ship passanger or you will be charged more. When leaving just tell the guard you need a cab and he will get you an approved one. We had a wonderful time and are looking forward to going back someday.

Archived