Freedom of the Seas

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That would be the cruise lines. 😉

But to be fair, there isn't sufficient infrastructure to sail from other areas

Maybe cruising is over saturated now........prices go up maybe we all get a better product.

11 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I was under the impression that  Washington sailing at 100% vaxxed.  Therefore, knowing Murphy's DNA will require fully vaxxed (except for minors under 12) passengers.

More likely that the cruise lines sailing out of NJ will adopt the same (or similar) policies to what Carnival is doing out of Texas. All passengers must vaccinated, and no one under 12 permitted to sail.

34 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Someone on another thread mentioned that once an FCC is issued, it remains an FCCs.  Therefore, these FCCs are totally useless under the present rules.  

True. We have had RCL cancel cruises where we have previously applied FCCs, and we have received refunds for everything except the FCC amounts. The FCCs were all reissued as new FCCs.

41 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Hope that Gov. Murphy intercedes on your behalf, because if he stays silent, RCL will be free to impose the same rules for NJ sailings that they have in place for Washington sailings.

Royal is saying that all US sailings from ports other than FL will be fully vaccinated other than children under age 12 and by this fall children 5 and up will probably be eligible to be vaccinated. 

Sailings out of Bayonne/Cape Liberty aren't set to sail till September so hardly any children will be on board since they will be back to school.      All should be good by the time kids sail for the holiday cruises (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.).   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Understand completely, so would you rather cruise with ALL vaccinated passengers ? or are you okay with cruising with unvaccinated passengers? If you are not okay, I guess then you can just thank your Governor for putting the cruiselines in that position.

Governor not leaving it up to the cruiselines..............

I trust the cruise lines will work around the Florida law. NCL and Celebrity will be sailing out of Florida with 100% and 95% vaccinated passengers. If this really does happen, I'm on board one of their ships and driving to the port.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, orville99 said:

More likely that the cruise lines sailing out of NJ will adopt the same (or similar) policies to what Carnival is doing out of Texas. All passengers must vaccinated, and no one under 12 permitted to sail.

So you are saying that Texas is true 100% xaxxed, therefore, basically no children.

23 minutes ago, orville99 said:

True. We have had RCL cancel cruises where we have previously applied FCCs, and we have received refunds for everything except the FCC amounts. The FCCs were all reissued as new FCCs.

That's the unfairness of this entire process.  I can see lawsuits down the road if RCL sticks with the current policy.  I know that I will talk with my TA .see what options are available.

1 minute ago, Nessa1dc said:

You don't have to tattoo it.  You have to wear a mask there too...(lol).   I guess I'm not getting your point.  If you sail out of places other than Florida, I understand that all you need is to prove you are vaccinated.  Once on board, there is no masks and no testing.  Am I correct?  According to this video...I am correct.  If that is correct, sail from somewhere other than Florida.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9G5uWsoGa4

the rule before the florida ruling was vaccinated guests didnt have to wear mask or get tested 

9 minutes ago, ljason913 said:

why because i have an opinion.....have u been on a plane???? u kno how dirty it is and so many people in tight little space pracgivally on top of eachother.... read

I've been on several plane rides. 100% mask enforcement, sani wipes handed out at the entry, no getting up hanging in the aisles, no alcohol served 100% air exchange every 3 minutes.. 3 out of 7 legs I've done had 100% negative testing of everyone before you get onboard. Way less risky than 7 days on the same petri dish, eating and drinking going unmasked.  Also, in a plane ride you have access to medical facilities immediately upon arrival and throughout your stay. 

55 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

Yea....that's the plan for now....we could also do TX, Puerto Rico, Bahamas...those are all vaccination required, right?

Also, how do you prove your vaccinated?  Just bring your card?

You will be required to do more than bring your card.  There will be a Vaccine Attestation, a health questionnaire, and COVID 19 Risk Acceptance.  Plus, there will be testing, temperature checking, and tracelets for all.  

35 minutes ago, ljason913 said:

it sucks that all eyes are on ships but why arent the airlines being targeted...no social distancing whatsoever...they cram as much people on these planes practivally sitting on top of each other.plans are so dirty....u can get covid on planes way easier than on a ship..... this witch hunt to find postive covid cases on ships needs to STOP NOW. stop the testing no masks no testing 

Because having an outbreak leading to cruisers dying would be bad. 

17 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

Well...your good, if you agree with your state's policies.....

Well, it's not so black and white. I do not agree with DeSantis on almost everything, including this rule/law, no matter how temporary it is. However, I will follow the science and still cruise. I am vaccinated, and I have no problem wearing a mask, testing etc., if that is what is being asked of me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AKJonesy said:

You will be required to do more than bring your card.  There will be a Vaccine Attestation, a health questionnaire, and COVID 19 Risk Acceptance.  Plus, there will be testing, temperature checking, and tracelets for all.  

I'm cool with all that....

• Like 1

• LauraS locked this topic