What does a spa room on Nieuw Statendum include

vswan

Was looking at future sailing and noticed that I had the option of inside, oceanview and balcony to get a spa rooms. Said it included a yoga mat and ipod docking station and exclusive spa treatments. What are the treatments and do they have a fee? I can't see spending more for a spa room if it only comes with a yoga mat and maybe better shampoo. Is there a sauna or hot tub area that you can access with these rooms included? Anybody done this and is it worth the extra cost?

Don’t hold your breath on the spa treatments.

I wouldn’t book a spa room for love or money.  Most are smaller and there is no real benefit.

I’m not usually this blunt but I call it as I see it.  Have you checked the balcony for the “spa” rooms?  

I’d avoid it like the plague.  The smaller rooms in exchange for a yoga mat and a small discount on a spa experience on a port day aren’t worth it.  You can get that on any port day. Book a regular room with a good location and don’t give it a second thought.  JMO

• Like 3

I was aware that the balconies are smaller on the spa rooms but I thought the cabin size was the same.  One question I had was how the doors between the balconies would open if you had two adjoining cabins.  The balcony doesn't seem wide enough to fold the door back.

7 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

I was aware that the balconies are smaller on the spa rooms but I thought the cabin size was the same.  One question I had was how the doors between the balconies would open if you had two adjoining cabins.  The balcony doesn't seem wide enough to fold the door back.

Rooms might be the same size but the one I saw seemed smaller.  Might be worth taking a look at halfacts.com for cabins.

I doubt that the balcony dividers can be opened as well.

Odd perquisite where its promise doesn't match its price mark-up?   Probably the only 'useful' feature is that if you are a gym goer, there is a staircase starboard forward in the block of spa cabins that takes you down to Lido deck and the gym.  When this cabin class launched they also included a 'water feature' (a rock thingie on a tray w/ a perpetual fountain) that took up about a third of the desk. Juliet balcony is about half the depth of a standard. Pretty much the only way to sit on a chair there, is if it is turned perpendicular to the railing. The balconies can in theory be opened (ie they are keyed) but with the size of the balcony and furniture there, there is no where to swing the balcony 'gate'. Cabin size is standard. The ipod dock is actually a Bose Soundlink Mini II portable speaker w/ bluetooth -- it may have made it up onto the sky deck on sea days.  Was upgraded into this cabin -- net net, I would never voluntarily pay for it. Scott. 

The spa balconies may not be as nice as regular balcony rooms. However, the CQ oceanview spa cabins might be your cup of tea, if you fancy these things:

- Huge window

- Forward looking view as if you are on the bridge of the ship. Terrific vantage as you sail into port. 

- Larger cabin size than regular oceanview

The yoga mats and other items offered are not worthy of consideration, as others have mentioned.