Why is Hurtigruten not requiring vaccinations this summer?

comcox

I am curious as to why Hurtigruten expedition cruises are not requiring passengers to be vaccinated. They are only requiring negative Covid test results before boarding. I'm on their U.K. cruise this August and one of our planned ports is Douglas, Isle of Man. I just heard from my cousin who lives there that the port is now welcoming cruisers, but only those who have had both jabs and at least two weeks prior. If everyone is not vaccinated, will we lose our chance at this port? Scotland has still not issued clear guidelines for cruise ships yet and many of our planned ports are there. What happens if they also require passengers to be vaccinated? I know that Fred Olsen, P&O and Viking are now requiring vaccines for their U.K. cruises.

Basic question.  If you don't like their Hurtigrutin's covid vaccination requirements, why haven't you cancelled your cruise.  I wouldn't cruise w any line that doesn't require 100% vaccination.  I sure hope that you are not stuck on your Hurtigrutin cruise because of their cancellation policy.  I looked at a Hurtigrutin cruise and decided not to book w them because I didn't like their cancellation policy.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Norway aswell as Hurtigruten Expeditions requires proof of full vaccination before entering the country. PCR-tests and Antigentests are required before boarding a Hurtigrutenship on an expedition cruise. For coastal voyages proof of full vaccination is enough.

Plus very strict rules concerning meals, masks etc. New on Hurtigruten's homepage since today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grayjay said:

Norway aswell as Hurtigruten Expeditions requires proof of full vaccination before entering the country. PCR-tests and Antigentests are required before boarding a Hurtigrutenship on an expedition cruise. For coastal voyages proof of full vaccination is enough.

Plus very strict rules concerning meals, masks etc. New on Hurtigruten's homepage since today.

It's about time they made this decision! Thanks for posting.

I got notice yesterday as well about vaccinations.  Unfortunately that notice also came with notice that all 2021 U.K. expedition cruises, including mine 27 August, have been cancelled because of every changing and uncertain restrictions.