Summary of Carnival's policies for July & August sailings from John Heald

I'll quote it directly (less some fluff).  Direct link is at https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald/posts/5923735064335672?__tn__=K-R :

Remember please the following is for now just for JULY AND AUGUST CRUISES.
FACE MASKS
1. All guests must wear facemasks while in the terminal building regardless of if they have been vaccinated. This is for both Embarkation and Debarkation And applies to all the ports we are sailing from in these two months. You will not be allowed in the terminal building without one.
2. If you are fully vaccinated you do not have to wear a Facemask on board.
3. If guests will be required to wear masks in the ports of call you will be advised before sailing and also once on board should anything change.
4. Will the crew wear masks? Yes they will as per the current regulations and I know some of you asked "about hugging the crew." Well, although not official I would suggest that an elbow bump or words of thanks and affection may be best and would not put them in a awkward position.
PLEASE THEN BRIN A SUPPLY OF MASKS - We may not have any for sale on the ship so it best you bring them.
NON VACCINATED GUESTS
You will be required please to wear a Facemask on the ship. Other protocols for you while on board will be confirmed and sent to you as soon as possible.

PROOF OF VACINATION
This will be required when you check in and the original copy would be best.
Also asked is will the single shot Johnson and Johnson be accepted and will the AstraZeneca also be allowed. The answer is yes as approved by Mrs CDC or the World Health Organisation.

FASTER TO THE FUN
With the new check in times for July and August Faster to the Fun is not available. I do apologise to those guests who purchased this and it will of course be fully refunded before your cruise. I will also let you know when this is available again to buy.
SHORE EXCURSIONS
If you are fully vaccinated you can go on one of our brilliant Carnival excursions or independent activity that includes walking around town, going to the beach. Again, if the port in question requires Facemasks we will advise you. My colleagues are working very hard to add more excursions and I will share any news on this as soon as possible.
If you are part of the 5% non-vaccinated guests we are going to be sharing information with you on Bubble tours and my colleagues will let you know as soon as they can what those details are.

BAHAMMAS HEALTH FORM
We and other cruise lines remain in discussion with Bahamas officials. For now, guests should not download the form, fill it out or make payment. We will let guests know if that changes.
CHEF'S TABLE
At the moment we are not offering this for July and August cruises. If that changes I will let you know. I am also waiting on a news if we will have Behind the Fun tours and will let you know as soon as I can
THEME NIGHTS
Each ship will still have the usual elegant nights. There will though be no other theme nights for July and probably August too. If that changes I will let you know. Each ship though will have a brilliant deck party and of course all the usual fun and some new events to enjoy as well.
GIFTS FOR THE CREW - TIPPING
So many of you have warmed the old cockles of my heart by posting and asking if you can bring gifts for the cabin stewards and waiters and the crew? The answer is of course Yes. I know many you like to do this and your kindness is simply amazing. Of course after so long away from the ships they are ready to make money again to support their loved ones back home. So I do hope that as always you will continue to look after them if they provide you with the brilliant and fun service I know you have missed so much.

-------------------------------------------------------------

TL,DR:

• Face masks for everyone in the terminal
  • Vaccinated cruisers don't have to wear masks anywhere on the ship
  • Unvaccinated cruises will have to wear masks and follow other protocols TBD
  • They'll let us know if we have to wear masks in port
  • Crew will wear masks
  • Bring masks just in case
  • Hugging the crew not encouraged but not disallowed (sorry Mike ☹️)
  • Please provide proof of vaccination at check in
  • J&J is OK, as is AstraZeneca
  • No FTTF for these cruises in these months
  • Vaccinated cruisers don't need to go on a Carnival excursion to explore the port
  • Unvaccinated cruisers need a Carnival excursion to get off the ship
  • Don't worry about the Bahamas health form or visa for now (for cruises that go there)
  • No Chef's Table on these cruises
  • There will be Elegant Evenings but no other theme nights
  • There will be deck parties
  • Tipping is allowed!
Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

The best part of this is that Carnival addressed the issue of Astra Zeneca.

Currently New York is not allowing Astra Zeneca since it's not approved by CDC.

Many Canadians got Astra Zeneca, so I am happy that they have made that decision to allow as many vaccinated people (including Canadians) to cruise.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mamott said:

I try to read everything to avoid repeating a question. I don’t see Groove for St. Jude addressed. I really just want the t-shirt….anyone heard any thing about them?

They'll probably sell the T-shirt in the candy store, but as for the actual grooving... good question.  I would ask Mr. Heald directly and see if you get an answer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I don't blame you, especially for cruises in the summer.

For sure. Not trying to debate people on the validity of masks, etc, just not going to spend $$$ on a trip my kids won't really enjoy. Hope things change for the better soon!

• Like 2

Thank you for posting this information, as we are not on FB.  Very helpful!  Just so that I'm up to speed: CCL is currently requiring 95% of passengers to be vaxxed, so obviously the "nonvaccinated guests" referenced is the remaining 5%?   Sorry - I haven't been able to keep up with all of the changes, and that's the latest I had heard/read.  Thanks again to the OP - we are considering a SEP cruise out of Galveston, so this is good to know.  I expect a good number of these guidelines will continue, which is fine with us. 

Edited by LHARTWICK
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kona_wahine said:

I read somewhere that one of the cruise lines (Royal maybe?) is punching a hole in the S&S card if you are not vaccinated. I wonder if Carnival will do something similar?

Carnival already punches a hole in the S&S card.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

Thank you for posting this information, as we are not on FB.  Very helpful!  Just so that I'm up to speed: CCL is currently requiring 95% of passengers to be vaxxed, so obviously the "nonvaccinated guests" referenced is the remaining 5%?   Sorry - I haven't been able to keep up with all of the changes, and that's the latest I had heard/read.  Thanks again to the OP - we are considering a SEP cruise out of Galveston, so this is good to know.  I expect a good number of these guidelines will continue, which is fine with us. 

You're welcome!  Yes, the current policy is for Carnival to have 95% of passengers vaccinated on all sailings for July and August, even from Florida and Texas.  Those parties with nonvaccinated guests currently have to apply for an exemption, which they may or may not get. They will make up 5% of the passengers on each cruise, or less to make up for cancellations and no-shows.

12 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

Wonder if they are just counting on masks to identify non-vaxed cruisers? Some youtube cruise bloggers are indicating RCL is going to make non-vaxers wear wristbands and have a hole punched in your guest card.

I don't know how making the non-vaccinated wear wrist bands would work. They'll just take them off. Wrist bands can realistically only be used for something that gives the wearer extra privileges so they want to have them on. If wrist band wearers are penalized, they just won't wear them.

• Like 4

This is the right path and good to know they are following it. The one thing I would like to know is what do they do when the unvaxxed adult passengers choose not to follow the rules they appear to have to agree to and/or signoff on? I suspect most, if not all, unvaxxed will be kids under 12. But those few adults that get on and still think the rules don't apply...you know the ones that are like this. I hope they do a 3-strike thing for the adults. First time is a warning. Second time is 24-hour quarantine in cabin. Third time is disembarkation at the next port or removal from the ship at the passengers expense (by Coast Guard air or ship, not a cheap expense/fine). 

As for the kids, warn them and maybe have a hole punch on their wrist bands. After too many warnings, the parents are formally warned with the 3-strike rule. Next time is 24-hour quarantine to cabin and the one after that is debarkation from the ship. 

Edited by BoozinCroozin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I don't know how making the non-vaccinated wear wrist bands would work. They'll just take them off. Wrist bands can realistically only be used for something that gives the wearer extra privileges so they want to have them on. If wrist band wearers are penalized, they just won't wear them.

This info posted was backwards.  Vaccinated on RCI get a wristband.  Unvaccinated get a hole punched in their card.

• Like 5

On 6/22/2021 at 10:13 AM, Mamott said:

I don’t see Groove for St. Jude addressed. I really just want the t-shirt….anyone heard any thing about them?

On 6/22/2021 at 10:18 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

They'll probably sell the T-shirt in the candy store, but as for the actual grooving... good question.  I would ask Mr. Heald directly and see if you get an answer.

UPDATE:  Mr. Heald addressed this in his latest video at https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald .  Somewhere between minutes 20 and 21, he said that the Groove for St. Jude dances would be a part of these July & August sailings.  Good news!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

This is the right path and good to know they are following it. The one thing I would like to know is what do they do when the unvaxxed adult passengers choose not to follow the rules they appear to have to agree to and/or signoff on? I suspect most, if not all, unvaxxed will be kids under 12. But those few adults that get on and still think the rules don't apply...you know the ones that are like this. I hope they do a 3-strike thing for the adults. First time is a warning. Second time is 24-hour quarantine in cabin. Third time is disembarkation at the next port or removal from the ship at the passengers expense (by Coast Guard air or ship, not a cheap expense/fine). 

As for the kids, warn them and maybe have a hole punch on their wrist bands. After too many warnings, the parents are formally warned with the 3-strike rule. Next time is 24-hour quarantine to cabin and the one after that is debarkation from the ship. 

sounds good. 

A  2 strike rule would be better. Give them the benefit of the doubt first strike then off the ship for second  

4 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Yes wristbands should be for the vaccinated. Non vaccinated, as you say, would remove them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sam Ting said:

sounds good. 

A  2 strike rule would be better. Give them the benefit of the doubt first strike then off the ship for second  

No benefit of the doubt. Confined to cabin and disembarked at the next port. Simple.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1