Carribbean Princess CABIN Question

tommy

We are considering a balcony on the Lido deck where you walk right out to the pool area.We really like the location.The Mini Suites are just a little more,besides a bigger room and balcony are there any other advantages to mini suite? TOM

Tom - if I understand your question correctly you are thinking of either a mini-suite not on the LIDO vs. a regular balcomy on the Lido deck?

DH and I are sailing on the CB leaving this weekend and we have a LIDO deck balcony cabin. I have never stayed on a LIDO deck before, so I too am interested to see if the closeness to pools and food is a BIG plus. I can let you know when we return if this is what you are trying to find out.

I am literally counting the minutes....one, two, three....;)

linda

Princess CB - 2/18/06

Thanks Linda you got it we have cabin cabin 309 right now on the Lido.It would be great if you let us know how it is when you return.Wish we were going next week Iam jealous and we just got off a cruise Feb8th.Thanks again and PLEASE get back with review.Have a GREAT cruise. TOM&DEB

We've been in a balcony stateroom (Star Princess) on the Lido deck. We were about 3 doors (foreward) down from the main doors leading to the pool. It was wonderful! The only point you may want to consider is hallway traffic outside your door. It didn't bother us. The convenience of having the pool, and food so close at hand more than made up for a little occasional hallway noise. Whatever you decide will be wonderful. There is no wrong choice here.

Yea I know the cabin on the Mini seems much better,but we are doing b2b and location on the lido looks real convienent.But its just a little more for a Mini so we still are not sure. THANKS TOM

I say compromise and get a Balcony on the Caribe deck. It's still close enough to the pool and the bigger balcony is great. No noise in halls or from above.

We were near the rear stairs/lifts and it made for a quick run to the HC Buffet or down to the traditional dining rooms. Also you can get to the aft adult only pool by just a couple of flights of stairs. The larger balcony was great, we had lounge chairs as well as a table and regular chairs.

The only way I would upgrade was if the price was right...then the bath tub is totally worth it. I took a two hour nap one afternoon in the tub rocking slowly back and forth. It was the best sleep of my life, was so relaxed afterwards.

Good Luck either way...

Last year we sailed the Caribbean Princess and stayed on Lido deck, L218. We absolutely loved the location, as it provided us with easy access to everything we enjoy while on the ship....the adult pool, the other pools, Horizon Court, MUTS, great bars, pizza area etc. We just walked everywhere. It was especially great while sailing into ports as you have the best view from up top, and can look into the bridge which extends outward. There arent many cabins on that deck, which eliminates heavy traffic. When needed the elevators are nearby with less crowds. The balcony is fully covered. We loved Lido so much, we chose that deck (L230) again on the CB for our June cruise. We had absolutely no noise from the upper deck, in fact it was very quiet and relaxing. Enjoy!!!

Tom - if I understand your question correctly you are thinking of either a mini-suite not on the LIDO vs. a regular balcomy on the Lido deck?

DH and I are sailing on the CB leaving this weekend and we have a LIDO deck balcony cabin. I have never stayed on a LIDO deck before, so I too am interested to see if the closeness to pools and food is a BIG plus. I can let you know when we return if this is what you are trying to find out.

I am literally counting the minutes....one, two, three....;)

linda

Princess CB - 2/18/06

We will be on the Lido Deck too. We should be spending a lot of time at the closest bar.....

Stacy

The only point you may want to consider is hallway traffic outside your door. quote]

DH and I were in L306 on the CB last year. This was an "upgrade" from the Baja balcony stateroom that we had originally selected. We would never have selected this Lido deck location as it had heavy foot traffic from passengers from elevators/stairs going to the pools or buffets. Also, there was a service elevator along that corridor that was congested and noisy during embarkation when luggage was being delivered and on the last night of the cruise when bags were being removed.

We were in L239 on the Star, which was a much quieter location, and we did enjoy that stateroom. Very little foot traffic because only passengers with staterooms in that area would walk there. You also need to avoid being too far forward on Lido deck where you would be underneath the gym - especially the treadmills.

On our CB cruise two weeks ago, we declined an upgrade and were happy campers in B710. We were near the aft stairs and could go up a few decks to pools or down a few decks to Atrium and Palm Dining Room. Very little traffic on Baja as it is only staterooms.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

We were assigned R317. Now I am wondering if that deck was a good choice. I went on the Princess site and found that most of the balcony categories are waitlisted so we might not be able to change evn if we wanted to. Anybody stay in a cabin near ours?

We were assigned R317. quote]

Pasto5,

R317 looks like a perfect midship location! Since Riviera deck is primarily staterooms, there would be very little foot traffic other than passengers staying on that deck.

That said, DH and I did use Riviera deck a few times on our way to the Terrace Pool. Our stateroom was near the aft stairs, so we went up two decks and headed to the pool from there. I think you will enjoy having easy access to the lovely (and quiet) Terrace Pool.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Have talked a business associate into taking a cruise and has chosen the Caribbean Princess. Now there are balcony cabins open on baja dec (stern).

Before he books any pos or neg thoughts.:confused:

I have only been on the Dawn or Sea so no help to him...

Archived