Art Auction??

Actually, I've bought more than my fair share of art from Park West over the years - at auctions on board, and at private land events. You just have to understand what you're buying, and ONLY BUY WHAT YOU LIKE! Don't think you're "investing" in something that will increase in value ... unless you're spending a couple million. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Last week, COVID protocols prevented them from serving "champagne" in the room

Going to guess first night free liquor samples at the duty free were also not happening?

When not on the DBP, I made these events like the "free lunch" of samples on a Saturday at Costco, only in adult beverage form. 😇  😂

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Going to guess first night free liquor samples at the duty free were also not happening?

When not on the DBP, I made these events like the "free lunch" of samples on a Saturday at Costco, only in adult beverage form. 😇  😂

I didn’t know they did this. Is this on all ships?

3 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Definitely on Oasis class, which is the bulk of my RCL experience.  Have this on other lines, too.  It's in the Cruise Compass and usually starts at 8, if I recall. 

I’ll have to check it out and see if they have anything that would interest me. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I didn’t know they did this. Is this on all ships?

I've seen it on most. To be honest if you're not a light weight it's not like Costco sales. It's probably around a shot totally in one pass through unless you talk them into giving you extra to try. A nice little thing, but they were mostly room temp which aren't my fave. I avoid when I have the drink package - that line gets long. 

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

I've seen it on most. To be honest if you're not a light weight it's not like Costco sales. It's probably around a shot totally in one pass through unless you talk them into giving you extra to try. A nice little thing, but they were mostly room temp which aren't my fave. I avoid when I have the drink package - that line gets long. 

It’s nice, but it’s nothing like airports with huge duty free areas (Heathrow 👍) where you can get totally blotto before getting to your gate. Er, so I’ve heard. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

It’s nice, but it’s nothing like airports with huge duty free areas (Heathrow 👍) where you can get totally blotto before getting to your gate. Er, so I’ve heard. 

That's interesting. Most of my experiences at duty free are early in the morning so I'm not looking for samples. Good to know.