Jump to content

Art Auction??


Recommended Posts

Actually, I've bought more than my fair share of art from Park West over the years - at auctions on board, and at private land events. You just have to understand what you're buying, and ONLY BUY WHAT YOU LIKE! Don't think you're "investing" in something that will increase in value ... unless you're spending a couple million. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Waycoolrob said:

Does anyone know when or if the art auctions will return.  Have they already?

 

Thanks in advance!

 

Rob

They're Back!

 

A bunch of art moved on the Adventure last week. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Last week, COVID protocols prevented them from serving "champagne" in the room

 

Going to guess first night free liquor samples at the duty free were also not happening?

 

When not on the DBP, I made these events like the "free lunch" of samples on a Saturday at Costco, only in adult beverage form. 😇  😂

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

 

Going to guess first night free liquor samples at the duty free were also not happening?

 

When not on the DBP, I made these events like the "free lunch" of samples on a Saturday at Costco, only in adult beverage form. 😇  😂

I didn’t know they did this. Is this on all ships?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I didn’t know they did this. Is this on all ships?

 

Definitely on Oasis class, which is the bulk of my RCL experience.  Have this on other lines, too.  It's in the Cruise Compass and usually starts at 8, if I recall. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

 

Definitely on Oasis class, which is the bulk of my RCL experience.  Have this on other lines, too.  It's in the Cruise Compass and usually starts at 8, if I recall. 

I’ll have to check it out and see if they have anything that would interest me. Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I didn’t know they did this. Is this on all ships?

 

It has been on every ship and every cruise I've been on.  That's a lot of cruises.  😄

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I didn’t know they did this. Is this on all ships?

I've seen it on most. To be honest if you're not a light weight it's not like Costco sales. It's probably around a shot totally in one pass through unless you talk them into giving you extra to try. A nice little thing, but they were mostly room temp which aren't my fave. I avoid when I have the drink package - that line gets long. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

I've seen it on most. To be honest if you're not a light weight it's not like Costco sales. It's probably around a shot totally in one pass through unless you talk them into giving you extra to try. A nice little thing, but they were mostly room temp which aren't my fave. I avoid when I have the drink package - that line gets long. 


It’s nice, but it’s nothing like airports with huge duty free areas (Heathrow 👍) where you can get totally blotto before getting to your gate. Er, so I’ve heard. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, zekekelso said:


It’s nice, but it’s nothing like airports with huge duty free areas (Heathrow 👍) where you can get totally blotto before getting to your gate. Er, so I’ve heard. 

 

That's interesting. Most of my experiences at duty free are early in the morning so I'm not looking for samples. Good to know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...