Summit - difference between S1 and S2

Hi.  I'm sure that this question may have been answered before, but I couldn't find it with a search, and this is sort of urgent.

We were moved from the Millennium to the Summit because of the ship swap today, and our S2 was changed to an S1 about 7 cabins down the hall.

We're sailing with friends, and were next to them (I don't think they've been moved yet). Before I call to move us back I'd like to know if, on M class, there's any difference between the two besides location.  I know on S the layout is different, etc, but this will be my first time on an M class.  

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted (edited)

On M-class some of the S1's on the Penthouse Deck (closer to aft) had larger balconies than the S2's on the same deck.  In particular, the S1's adjacent to the Penthouse Suite have larger interiors.

Edited by mahdnc

Posted (edited)

On M class 6145 and 6146 are connected to the Penthouse.  Your bathroom is a tub and walkin shower (not the combo as in the other sky suites) and your decor is much nicer.  They are S1's.  Also 6131, 6132, 6125 and 6126 I believe are also S1's with angled balcony.  But tub/shower combo.  

Edited by Zigster
additional info

Posted (edited)

Except for 6145/6, the interiors are all the same.  The balconies differ on some of the S1s.  You can see them on the deck plans.  I didn't think my S1 balcony (6130) was any better than my S2 (6124).

Edited by goofysmom99

Yes 6145 and 46 are nicer than the other S1. Some did not want these suite because of the piano in the penthouse. It has been my understanding they were removed during the ships being revolutionized. 

Check out this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked in 6145 on the Summit in September.
I've read about the positive reasons to book this suite and the negative (PH piano) no longer an issue.
Does anyone know if the 'door' to the balcony was 'upgraded' when the ship was revolutionized?
I know there are tradeoffs and just wondering how much negative value for the door being smaller.

1 hour ago, hasentreelake said:

We are booked in 6145 on the Summit in September.
I've read about the positive reasons to book this suite and the negative (PH piano) no longer an issue.
Does anyone know if the 'door' to the balcony was 'upgraded' when the ship was revolutionized?
I know there are tradeoffs and just wondering how much negative value for the door being smaller.

The door remains small which results in a cabin that is not as bright as others. IMO, the larger living space, larger bathroom, and especially the larger balcony more than made up for it. We really enjoyed breakfast out there when we had this cabin.

• Thanks 1

So when our friends were moved, their room did not change.  I called, and was able to move us back to the s2.  They told me that my original s1 was blocked for us, but apparently the agent who moved us didn't know that, so changed the room.