Noble Caledonia - Status of Caledonian Sky

Fletcher

Did you notice that Noble Cal has dispensed with the Caledonian Sky?  The ship now seems to be owned by APT in Australia.  I did think NC might want to buy Silver Galapagos and thus have four of those Renaissance class ships but now in this Covid age it seems they might be slimming down.

2 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Did you notice that Noble Cal has dispensed with the Caledonian Sky?  The ship now seems to be owned by APT in Australia.  I did think NC might want to buy Silver Galapagos and thus have four of those Renaissance class ships but now in this Covid age it seems they might be slimming down.

@Fletcher

I noticed it was no longer listed under their fleet on their website, but neither is Serenissima.  I knew that APT has some kind of investment in Noble.  Caledonian Sky is sailing a Kimberley itinerary right now, presumably with only Australians on board – and definitely with an all-Australian crew:

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/apts-ms-caledonian-sky-has-arrived-in-cairns-ready-for-the-kimberley-season/

Are you sure Noble have sold their interest in it and not just let APT use it this season?

Silver Galapagos is listed as sold to an unknown party.  I was hoping it was Noble.  Still can't find out who.

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

@Fletcher

I noticed it was no longer listed under their fleet on their website, but neither is Serenissima.  I knew that APT has some kind of investment in Noble.  Caledonian Sky is sailing a Kimberley itinerary right now, presumably with only Australians on board – and definitely with an all-Australian crew:

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/apts-ms-caledonian-sky-has-arrived-in-cairns-ready-for-the-kimberley-season/

Are you sure Noble have sold their interest in it and not just let APT use it this season?

Silver Galapagos is listed as sold to an unknown party.  I was hoping it was Noble.  Still can't find out who.

If you go to CruiseMapper and type in the ship's name the info below lists the owner as ATP.

Thanks for the reminder about CruiseMapper.  I've been using MarineTraffic, which doesn't give you that type of info unless you pay to subscribe.

But CruiseMapper is confusing about the Noble Caledonia fleet.  Here is what they say about each of the Skies:

•  MS Caledonian Sky cruise ship belongs to the fleet of Australian Pacific Touring Small Ships Cruising, together with Island Sky and Hebridean Sky. The company acquired the vessel in May 2012 after a planned dry-dock refurbishment.

•  MS Hebridean Sky (former "Sea Explorer") belongs to the fleet of Noble Caledonia, together with MS Island Sky and MS Caledonian Sky. The company acquired the vessel in early 2016 after a planned dry-dock refurbishment.

•  MS Island Sky cruise ship belongs to the fleet of Noble Caledonia, together with the fleetmates MS Caledonian Sky and MS Hebridean Sky. The vessel was originally built for the now-defunct Renaissance Cruises (as "Renaissance VIII") and was launched in 1992. The ship is also seasonally chartered by Quark Expeditions. In 2017, Quark Expeditions started an all-inclusive fly-cruise program on the chartered from Noble Caledonia ship Island Sky.

So in other words, all three ships belongs belong to both fleets!  And nothing is reported as a recent change.

Can't find any pictures of Caledonian Sky on her current APT cruise, to check if the funnel still has the Salen logo...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for following up!  I guess that means we won't be seeing Renaissance III joining the N-C fleet.

Our B2B on Hebridean Sky has a turnaround stop in Naples, and I am planning out what to do there [our second visit].  On the last night of the 'first' cruise, we plan to attend Mass at 7 pm.  It seems to be the case that dinner onboard is one fixed seating.  Do you know what time that is?  [I have found an interesting restaurant in Naples, but the farewell dinner might be a social occasion to say goodbye to our new friends from the first leg.]

Also, is it possible for you to put me in contact with the friends you mentioned who have sailed Noble Caledonia recently?  My email is in my signature [hostjazzbeau@cruisecritic.com] so they can contact me if they are willing.  Thanks!

• 2 years later...