Time for the Next Round of Cancellations?

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Some of the ones on this list , may be cancelled past  the end of August. 

The following ships have been suspended through the end of August 2021. We are looking forward to announcing their return to service dates soon.

Brilliance of the Seas

Enchantment of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Liberty of the Seas

Grandeur of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas

Radiance of the Seas

Rhapsody of the Seas

Spectrum of the Seas

Vision of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas (Suspended through the end of July 2021)

You can probably scratch liberty from your can list. It's to go to dry dock, that's why independence took its place out of Galveston.  Not a covid issue. Galveston so far is a go.

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You can probably scratch liberty from your can list. It's to go to dry dock, that's why independence took its place out of Galveston.  Not a covid issue. Galveston so far is a go.

Dry dock is scheduled for when and where?

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Dry dock is scheduled for when and where?

Seems like she is supposed to be back last week in sept, but I'm going by  memory. 

Seemed like a lot of hassle to move independence to oddessy and the  liberty to independence a few days later which is what several threads are about who didnt get moved timely or to equal cabins. 

I'm not booked until December on liberty, kinda jealous so many got indy instead. My TA is probably saying his prayers he didn't have to move me again.

Indy moving to Galveston while liberty is in dry dock. Fyi I'm told a regular dry dock, liberty isnt even getting amped. Dang. Several news articles about liberty dry dock. Wish indy would stay and they move liberty out.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

I thought I read somewhere that they would make comments within 5 days following the completion of the sailing.

I doubt that includes weekends for some reason.

Top that off with, what if they are not approved?  Once they instate any additional changes to be approved, will they need to do another test cruise with the CDC?  For some strange reason the CDC doesn’t seem like a rubber stamp,approval right now. I don’t think any of this has been noted anywhere. 

16 hours ago, molly361 said:

So the Freedom July 2nd sailing is cancelled?

I would not want to be on the sailing, but would feel more comfortable if I had one booked for early July at this moment. 

22 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Some of the ones on this list , may be cancelled past  the end of August. 

The following ships have been suspended through the end of August 2021. We are looking forward to announcing their return to service dates soon.

Brilliance of the Seas

Enchantment of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Liberty of the Seas

Grandeur of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas

Radiance of the Seas

Rhapsody of the Seas

Spectrum of the Seas

Vision of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas (Suspended through the end of July 2021)

I have my doubts that they'll bring Oasis up the coast for 2 months of 50% capacity sailings out of Bayonne.   They already cancelled all the Freedom sailings from Cape Liberty.

2 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

I have my doubts that they'll bring Oasis up the coast for 2 months of 50% capacity sailings out of Bayonne.   They already cancelled all the Freedom sailings from Cape Liberty.

But don't you think they need the income now more than ever? (She said hopefully as she was booked on Oasis for Sept. 12)

2 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

I have my doubts about the Oasis too, unless some miracle happens.

With final payment approaching July 3 I'd like to know what the plans are for Radiance. Will she come over from down under to do the Oct 1 Panama Canal cruise followed by her Caribbean itineraries? It hasn't been on the RCI website for months....due to the CDC saying no cruises over 7 nights. 

4 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

With final payment approaching July 3 I'd like to know what the plans are for Radiance. Will she come over from down under to do the Oct 1 Panama Canal cruise followed by her Caribbean itineraries? It hasn't been on the RCI website for months....due to the CDC saying no cruises over 7 nights. 

Been wondering the same about Radiance. We have her booked for a 9 night end of October that hasn’t been available for booking for months. Final payment due end of July so I really hope they make an announcement by then. Of course they usually don’t cancel until after final so we shall see. Already have plan B booked, but really hope our cruise sails. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Pure speculation -

I have a B2B in early September  on Brilliance  from  Tampa.  Not optimistic that this ship will sail.  Have not heard any chatter about Brilliance and  someone on the M&M board made a comment about "issues" at Tampa Port. 

M

I am on brilliance September 18th. I'm starting to lose hope. I wishe they would announce something soon

1 hour ago, gizbywife said:

But don't you think they need the income now more than ever? (She said hopefully as she was booked on Oasis for Sept. 12)

I'm on the Sept 12 Oasis also. Every morning I check with breath held. I'm very pessimistic at this point and give it 70/30 it is cancelled. At this rate I'll have so many future cruise credits but no where to go. TIme for "SHOW ME THE MONEY".

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

I have an early Sept. sail and hope you are wrong.  If you are right, I hope they announce any further cancellations so that I can plan a land trip.

• Like 3

On 6/26/2021 at 9:02 AM, molly361 said:

Guessing in the next couple of weeks the next round of cancellations should be coming up.  I forgot the date of the last ones.

I genuinely believe it all depends on ... several different things. If you watch Fain's video posted yesterday, it's clear they want to do this methodically and safely, BUT, there are several factors outside their control that won't be resolved for a few weeks. So, whether there will be more cancellations or not is speculative at this point:

Royal Caribbean Group CEO celebrates restart of cruises from U.S. - YouTube

4 hours ago, gizbywife said:

They’ve already had my money for over a year….  
Hoping our cruise happens in October but I’m trying to be realistic. 

On 6/26/2021 at 9:44 AM, DallasGuy75219 said:

Vision (and possibly Explorer eventually). I expect San Juan to be one of the last U.S. ports for sailings to resume from.

Hopefully things will be ok for my December cruise out of SJ. Crossing my fingers.

While the ships now sailing with reduced passengers, the are also sailing with reduced crew. They are working at getting crew to the ships, going through the quarantine and vaccination process before they can work.  Our stateroom attendant last week , week 2 of sailing, had not worked week 1, I would guess she was still in quarantine.  

WJ was closed for dinner, not enough crew. Probably not enough passengers either.

Only 2 of 3 dining rooms open. I checked  for reservations for Chops and Giovanni's and they were full.  Kept the crowds down in the MDR.

6 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We are booked on Radiance in December but I am becoming less confident it will happen.  All of our other cruises (13 between Sept and November 2022) are available on the Royal Caribbean app.  The December Radiance cruise shows as grayed out and unavailable.

I really hope Radiance starts moving this way in the near future.  We have our fingers crossed as it’s one of our favorite ships!

As far as the 7 night limit goes, our 14 night October Harmony TA ending in Port Canaveral re-appeared on the website last week and is now available to book.

• Like 2

My thought is that they won’t cancel more cruises from US ports until at least mid-July.  Just because things are changing so rapidly and waiting  to see if there is more widespread impact from the Florida vs CDC lawsuit/mediation. 

Although my hopes are dimming for my September cruise on Enchantment out of Baltimore, I think the Oasis cruises from Bayonne are more likely.   Michael Bailey specifically mentioned Oasis on a post about vaccination policies, so they may be working to start that ship next. 

29771CAF-B282-4100-9983-7442CBD3CC9F.jpeg