IT’S LIVE: RETURN TO CRUISING – JULY 3 - JULY 17 BAHAMA BACK-TO-BACK VOYAGES ON-BOARD CRYSTAL SERENITY

Keith1010

13 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Keith, now that your first week comes to a close; I hope you both are refreshed.  What one thing will you change doing in your second week?

PS: My wife and I will continue your tradition of walking the deck.  FYI only. 

Drink less.  Just kidding.

In general, there is nothing I would change other than I might visit one of the islands but since I won't do a tour I haven't fully decided.

Great about the walking and we love the Promenade Deck.

Keith

Keith, so happy that the first cruise

went perfectly and no issues. Do you have any idea when the fall symphony cruises will be announced? Crystal estimated it would be over a week ago but still

nothing! Thanks - enjoy your second cruise!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TakingFlight said:

Channeling Keith at our embarkation day lunch-Cobb salad and champagne. Everything went smoothly today, such a relief to be on board. 

A3EF6006-0BE5-40EF-B31E-4917C0940575.jpeg

Welcome and so glad everything went well.   Love the salad.  Enjoy every minute.

Keith

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jdfireman said:

We are with you with the same flight time..  We booked a private 

Edited by svein

We are onboard and everything has been great. The testing at the convention center was very organized and low key. They even provided sandwiches and pastries. That was a nice touch since we missed breakfast at our hotel. The staff have been uniformly kind, warm, and welcoming. The level of service is up another notch, if that's even possible. We saw a few familiar faces but I think there are a lot of new staff too. It was so nice to be able to dance before dinner to live music in the palm court. 

We ate at umi uma. Wow. The quality of the fish was spectacular. We just ate lots of sashimi followed by waygu beef and felt thoroughly spoiled. 

I have to say it was a little stressful waiting to see if you passed your rapid test at the convention center. once you do you can go through to the waiting room that has the refreshments. Both the rooms that you test in, and wait for transportation in,  are large ballrooms. Lots of smiles and conversation in the "you aced your test" room. Lol. We are very grateful to be here. If I had any complaints, it's the heat outside and the spotty internet service, none of which is easily fixable so I won't actually complain 🙂

• Like 9

Jule, 

Welcome  aboard.  Glad  you  are  here and already enjoying yourself.

Yes, that  15 minute wait for the results of the test seem like  a lot longer than that.

Keith

• Like 2

It was nice to see the boarding process begin around 1:00 PM yesterday afternoon and two of our friends boarding.  Our friends had the same thought as we did shortly after boarding.  At home it seemed like such a long time we last sailed Serenity and shortly after boarding it seemed like we were there yesterday.   It's so true.

We  had  not  visited Marketplace other than myself getting coffee there 5:00 to 6:00 AM since we boarded so we walked around there before newly boarded guests arrived and it was a great time to see some of the crew we hand't seen such as folks from Umi Uma.  

For lunch we each had Cobb Salad in our room making up for not having it the day we  boarded.  Delicious.  I have  a photo but at this time get error messages trying to post to CC.  The internet is not cooperating.

The local band played at  the pier as it did for our first cruise.  Shortly after there was the talk given by Cruise Director   Rick about  safety and the muster stations.  This was followed by Captain Birger who noted that today we would pass by Bimini Island and this would be narrated and also by a private island owned or at least for MSC.  He said we would depart around 8:00 PM as there were unconfirmed reports of a bomb threat at Fort Lauderdale Airport having shut down the airport.

Dinner at Prego was great.  Not as busy as the week before but last time we didn't go embarkation day  and I thought it would be a little quieter today.

Marco who was one of the waiters taking care of us last year and Marcello has moved up there right now as Sommelier took care of the wine.  Would love to share photos and if I can't I'll have a lot to share when we get home.

When we did depart we heard What A Wonderful World and we thought how blessed we truly are to be sailing this wonderful world on the cruise line we love thee most.

Happy to be making coffee in the room today with the coffee pods which arrived yesterday.  It wasn't a problem as we had another type of machine to use plus it was nice going to Marketplace to see those working there to get the early risers breakfast set up.  

Keith

• Like 4

Before I forget the other good news is the Power Ade Zero which we special ordered made it to the ship this time around.  

Kindly remember this is a special order and all special orders could have a cost and need to be ordered through on board guest services.  I recommend having your TA do this for  you if you booked through a TA and do understand it is not always possible for Crystal to obtain the item.

Keith   

• Like 5

I heard on the morning news an irate customer got into an argument with an agent and walked away leaving his bag on the desk.  When asked to remove it he said "there's a bomb inside".  Obviously he's given up his freedom for a while.

Roy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I heard on the morning news an irate customer got into an argument with an agent and walked away leaving his bag on the desk.  When asked to remove it he said "there's a bomb inside".  Obviously he's given up his freedom for a while.

Roy

It amazes me that people don’t realize the severity of interfering with air travel. Fines, sentences, and never being able to fly again when they put you on the no fly list. I believe there are around 4000 people who will never be able to fly again. Their loss. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Before I forget the other good news is the Power Ade Zero which we special ordered made it to the ship this time around.  

Kindly remember this is a special order and all special orders could have a cost and need to be ordered through on board guest services.  I recommend having your TA do this for  you if you booked through a TA and do understand it is not always possible for Crystal to obtain the item.

Keith   

Thank you for the update..  Have a great trip 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wesport said:

It amazes me that people don’t realize the severity of interfering with air travel. Fines, sentences, and never being able to fly again when they put you on the no fly list. I believe there are around 4000 people who will never be able to fly again. Their loss. 

Don't forget the absence of any real due process with the "no-fly" lists.

https://papersplease.org/wp/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, CruiseAngel218 said:

Who did you use for the private transfer?

There was a option on the departure section on our planner where we checked the box for the transfer 

15 minutes ago, Jdfireman said:

There was a option on the departure section on our planner where we checked the box for the transfer 

The planner is known as PCPC

Nancy

Transfers and airline departures on 10 July using AA were a nightmare.  Stood in lines for over  3 hours, kiosks were unusable and credit cards were rejected.  Thousands of Adventure of the Seas passengers were also in line.  Horrible experience with included transfers both arriving at airport and departure.  Wonderful ship experience, but the airport cracked my crystallization!

26 minutes ago, buffcurmudgeon said:

Transfers and airline departures on 10 July using AA were a nightmare.  Stood in lines for over  3 hours, kiosks were unusable and credit cards were rejected.  Thousands of Adventure of the Seas passengers were also in line.  Horrible experience with included transfers both arriving at airport and departure.  Wonderful ship experience, but the airport cracked my crystallization!

What would you suggest to eliminate this issue?  Love your suggestions.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, buffcurmudgeon said:

What time was your flight?

24 minutes ago, smlnd said:

24 minutes ago, smlnd said:

6:05. PM. Arrived at airport 10:45 AM.  Checked in complete about 1:30 PM

27 minutes ago, smlnd said:

1 hour ago, buffcurmudgeon said:

Sounds like a nightmare. But could you please prove a few more details?Was the issue with the transfer to the airport (if so, was it private, taxi or ?) or at the airport itself?  If so what was the time of your flight and issues at the airport.   How about Getting through security and passport control?

thanks so much!