Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

There is also the OceanView channel on Roku or use this link: https://oceanview.ocean.com/

There, you will find videos on how to use Ocean Medallion, that is, if the app works. There is a lot of frustration with OM.  I called that number and their instruction was, "Do you have a grandchild to help you?" Hope your experience is better than mine.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to make it through most of the Medallion App but when I got to the part to order my Medallion my cruise was not showing.  I called the number and (long story short) they said they would get it fixed and to try again tomorrow.  Next day I tried again and the cruise was there and I was able to order the Medallion.  I set up my dining which I am not overly happy about because I always liked to decide the dining time each day, but what can you do.  I could not set up my arrival and departure times as they were not available (yet!).  Also, the health portion they said was not to be done till a few days prior to the cruise.  It looks like once you make it through the Medallion App it will be good for other cruises (at least until your passport expires).  Looks like I will only need to set up dining times, arrival and departing times, ordering of the Medallion and the health check going forward.

I talked to someone who (at least) seemed knowledgeable who said once I arrived at the port they would basically scan my Medallion and I would then board the ship.  If you can figure out the Medallion App the first time, seems like everything else gets easier (as in subsequent cruises and boarding of the ship).  Good luck everyone.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, margord said:

It looks like once you make it through the Medallion App it will be good for other cruises (at least until your passport expires).  Looks like I will only need to set up dining times, arrival and departing times, ordering of the Medallion and the health check going forward.

This is true in our case. We did a Medallion cruise back in 2019, and our personal info carried forward. 

• Like 1

From all the videos I've seen it sure looks like you can have your food or drinks delivered anywhere onboard re the Medallion App. . Yet the Princess web site

says you cannot get drinks delivered to your cabin. Looks like I cannot order a specialty coffee and have that delivered to my stateroom. Am I missing

something or is the FAQ section just not up to date?

What’s included in the Premier Beverage Package?
The Premier Beverage Package includes beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water (500ml only) fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Gong Cha items, Frappes at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.

Bar service charge is included in this package.

The package includes the additional benefit of a 25% discount on the following excluded items; all bottles of wine, one liter bottles of water, canned soda and bottled juices.

A daily limit on alcoholic beverages of 15 beverages over a 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.).

What’s NOT  included in the Premier Beverage Package?
The Premier Beverage Package does not include souvenir items, room service, vending machine or mini-bar items.

20 minutes ago, kjg46 said:

From all the videos I've seen it sure looks like you can have your food or drinks delivered anywhere onboard re the Medallion App. . Yet the Princess web site

says you cannot get drinks delivered to your cabin. Looks like I cannot order a specialty coffee and have that delivered to my stateroom. Am I missing

something or is the FAQ section just not up to date?

What’s included in the Premier Beverage Package?
The Premier Beverage Package includes beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water (500ml only) fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Gong Cha items, Frappes at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.

Bar service charge is included in this package.

The package includes the additional benefit of a 25% discount on the following excluded items; all bottles of wine, one liter bottles of water, canned soda and bottled juices.

A daily limit on alcoholic beverages of 15 beverages over a 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.).

What’s NOT  included in the Premier Beverage Package?
The Premier Beverage Package does not include souvenir items, room service, vending machine or mini-bar items.

Room Service is not included with the Premier Beverage Package. Really has nothing to do with the medallion app. If specialty coffees are available on the room service menu you can order them and there will be a charge. Regular coffee is free. 

Will just keep reading information here from other passengers since Medallion Support just keeps saying they are "working on the problems."

Scheduled to cruise on August 8th out of Seattle. Still cannot use the MediallionClass App nor can we print out luggage tags yet. Princess representative says the app should work with my iPhone 6 with 12 IOS, others have been told that it won't.

Princess has our names, DOB, emergency contact info and credit card info. Port side staff can put all the rest in when we arrive and apparently will have to walk the blue line instead of the green per information on Cruise Critic.

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

My next cruise is on August 15th. I cannot get disembarkation time.  Am I correct that I don't need one bc i am using the Princess transfer back to SeaTac?

Seems like a reasonable deduction.  If Princess has your flight time, they will pick the transfers time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a cancelled booking and a paid in full booking a week apart on the same voyage with different cabin.  The Medallion decided to get "smart" to combine them together!  Now my active booking is having an incorrect start date and looks like a 14 days cruise.  I have tried un-installed/re-installed, nothing help to fix it.  Has anyone experienced something similar like this?

Well, just got the word from Medallion Support, in a very rude manner too.

"Only iPhone 8's and above will work for the MedallionClass App."

When I inquired as to when we could print off luggage tags for our August 8th cruise I was told: "if you had the app you wouldn't need luggage tags!"

Great way to treat return clients Princess.

41 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

Well, just got the word from Medallion Support, in a very rude manner too.

"Only iPhone 8's and above will work for the MedallionClass App."

When I inquired as to when we could print off luggage tags for our August 8th cruise I was told: "if you had the app you wouldn't need luggage tags!"

Great way to treat return clients Princess.

That makes no sense at all - I use an iPhone 7 and can download the app.  I have added pictures just waiting for time to do the rest (my next cruise is not until January).  Also how are you bags going to get to your cabin without tags ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

Q code scanned from app attached at pier ??

Where do you find a Q code? I don't see it anywhere in the medallion app. Truth is I don't even see these kind of codes on my phone for anything. 

45 minutes ago, skynight said:

Where do you find a Q code? I don't see it anywhere in the medallion app. Truth is I don't even see these kind of codes on my phone for anything. 

Is this the code that is being referred to? QR code.

qrcode_boards.cruisecritic_com.png.37ec278010a45b03c75aa1148dbf47cf.png

Edited by billco
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Personalizer still shows that the luggage tags will be "available closer to your departure date".  I did manage to download mine for our August 8th cruise right before they took them away.  The tags still had the $15 corkage fee and I suppose that at a minimum they are updating that verbiage.  But I wish they would put a little more specificity around what "closer to your departure date" means in days.

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Yes, that's your personal QR code with what might be your personal information. Might want to block it out next time

Bwahahahaha.... That QR Code just links back to this thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3