Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

16 minutes ago, loerie said:

Wearer booked in Dec on a 15 day cruise.We can are.yea  snage the computer -we are old folks and have no cell phone.Canwe just put our particulars in the way we have always done on the computer?If some one can tell me it would save trying yo phone princess and be on hold for ever! Thank you!

Your note is difficult to follow, but if you can pull up the web version of MC App, you can complete what is needed for check-in process and be ready to board the ship.  Not sure if you realize this, so login to Cruise Personalizer.  On the main page for your voyage, there is a big display about downloading the MC App from Google or Apple stores.  Just below those icons is a line about accessing the web version with a URL.  Click on that and you can login to the web version.  

This is the URL:  https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

I have a question which may have been answered, yes I did a search, but no luck.

I don't have a cell phone for the app. I completed everything on the web link. They asked me on the Princess site if I wanted them to mail us the medallions? Will they download our information to the medallions so we have access to our cabin or give us a cruise card like before at the pier?

Nothing is downloaded or stored on the physical medallion other than your name and an ID #.  The ID # links to a database record of guests on the ship and that is where your cabin number is stored, along with other information.  You can have them mailed or pick them up at the pier check-in.

31 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Nothing is downloaded or stored on the physical medallion other than your name and an ID #.  The ID # links to a database record of guests on the ship and that is where your cabin number is stored, along with other information.  You can have them mailed or pick them up at the pier check-in.

Thanks I had them send them to the house, have so much to do at the pier as it is.

59 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Your note is difficult to follow, but if you can pull up the web version of MC App, you can complete what is needed for check-in process and be ready to board the ship.  Not sure if you realize this, so login to Cruise Personalizer.  On the main page for your voyage, there is a big display about downloading the MC App from Google or Apple stores.  Just below those icons is a line about accessing the web version with a URL.  Click on that and you can login to the web version.  

This is the URL:  https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

Thank you - m y vision is bad and did not realize I typed so badly!thankyou for your help

• Like 1

3 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

I have a question which may have been answered, yes I did a search, but no luck.

I don't have a cell phone for the app. I completed everything on the web link. They asked me on the Princess site if I wanted them to mail us the medallions? Will they download our information to the medallions so we have access to our cabin or give us a cruise card like before at the pier?

Yes. They will mail them and you’ll get them about 14-10 days before sailing. Just put them on when you get to the port with your lanyard that they send you. It will all be programmed.  
Don’t forget to print your luggage tags about 75 days before travel, they’re available and print your travel summary.  Take your documents like passport, vax card and negative covid results if required for your cruise and show them at the port.

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You answered more technically than I did. But, we got the message across!

Just wanted to reassure that they would be ready to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes. They will mail them and you’ll get them about 14-10 days before sailing. Just put them on when you get to the port with your lanyard that they send you. It will all be programmed.  
Don’t forget to print your luggage tags about 75 days before travel, they’re available and print your travel summary.  Take your documents like passport, vax card and negative covid results if required for your cruise and show them at the port.

Enjoy!

Thank you very much.

56 minutes ago, Desert Cruisers said:

I attached vaccine documentation on the Medallion app for an upcoming cruise.  Getting the message "Document Pending Approval".  What does this mean?  Will it continue to be "pending approval" until I show the actual document at embarkation?  Or, should I resubmit documentation?

It's fine.  Means what it says, but we don't think anyone is looking at the uploads until boarding and then they want the originals.  So far, don't seem to be using the App from reports on here.

On 7/1/2021 at 1:14 PM, kristicruise said:

Does anyone know the size of the actual medallion?  Is it the same size as the Apple Air Tag?  I am looking for alternate ways to wear this thing but can not find the actual size of it. Thanks in advance

We ordered holders for the Air Tag on Amazon and have used them on our last cruise. We like them better than the one's Princess offer.

Any secret to the “fix” to log in with just the booking reference -no name, - no dob?

My Nov TATL was all complete in the app. All I had to do to get green lane status was order the Medallions. I was holding off until after the Sept Diamond cruise so that my +1 could get her gold medallion, rather than another cruise with a blue one (oh the humanity!). 

After my Sept cruise was removed from the app and the Feb replacement was added, the next cruise up, the November TATL, refuses to let me into the Medallion order screen with an error that something has gone wrong and I need to log back in again. If I try to go into the travel check list page and try to click on documents link, I get the same error.

I did see a mention of a web URL on this site and tried that, but get the same issue. I do see the use booking number option, but the login button is not enabled until I enter name, dob and I get stuck in the same error loop. 

In the app, it tries to link the booking, but upon entering the data, I get a this booking has already been claimed message. How does one look/amend a booking using just the booking number?

The replacement Feb cruise to Cabo is there and I can see all the info there. Same with the April 24 eclipse cruise, but if I try to add a credit card to the Feb cruise, even though the cruise ends before the end of Feb, as my credit card expires that month, the app complains that I need a credit card expiration that is valid past the end of the cruise and won’t take it. I’m pretty sure Feb 25 is before the end of Feb. You have to love Princess Cruises IT!

3 hours ago, polmcs said:

The replacement Feb cruise to Cabo is there and I can see all the info there. Same with the April 24 eclipse cruise, but if I try to add a credit card to the Feb cruise, even though the cruise ends before the end of Feb, as my credit card expires that month, the app complains that I need a credit card expiration that is valid past the end of the cruise and won’t take it. I’m pretty sure Feb 25 is before the end of Feb. You have to love Princess Cruises IT!

I cannot make myself apologize for saying that the idiots in IT STILL have not made the 20 second fix to the CC expiry date issue.  There is no excuse for the incompetence in the first place but this has been a long-reported issue.  I just don't understand what-the-*&&^$ that bunch of ne'er-do-wells does at work each day.  They sure know how to corrupt booking data, though.  They get an A+ in taking clean data and corrupting it.  I have zero respect for whoever runs that dept - it used to be Padgett, so you can figure out what I think of him.

It's like this now - or similar:

IF VOYAGE_END_YR > CC_EXPIRY_YR

<then generate CC expiry error message>

ELSE

IF VOYAGE_END_YR = CC_EXPIRY_YR AND VOYAGE_END_MTH not less than CC_EXPIRY_MTH

ELSE

<valid credit card>.

Correction:

IF VOYAGE_END_YR > CC_EXPIRY_YR

ELSE

IF VOYAGE_END_YR = CC_EXPIRY_YR AND VOYAGE_END_MTH > CC_EXPIRY_MTH

ELSE

<valid credit card>.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, polmcs said:

Any secret to the “fix” to log in with just the booking reference -no name, - no dob?

My Nov TATL was all complete in the app. All I had to do to get green lane status was order the Medallions. I was holding off until after the Sept Diamond cruise so that my +1 could get her gold medallion, rather than another cruise with a blue one (oh the humanity!). 

After my Sept cruise was removed from the app and the Feb replacement was added, the next cruise up, the November TATL, refuses to let me into the Medallion order screen with an error that something has gone wrong and I need to log back in again. If I try to go into the travel check list page and try to click on documents link, I get the same error.

I did see a mention of a web URL on this site and tried that, but get the same issue. I do see the use booking number option, but the login button is not enabled until I enter name, dob and I get stuck in the same error loop. 

In the app, it tries to link the booking, but upon entering the data, I get a this booking has already been claimed message. How does one look/amend a booking using just the booking number?

Never try to link a booking.  No one even knows why that "feature" is there.  It has no use for a guest.

I am wondering if you try logging in by Booking Ref/Name/BD using your spouse/partner BD?  There has been data corruption reports similar and our friends had this happen.  Just a SWAG here.

For sure, you have some corrupt data.  I would start in POLAR and have a phone agent check your booking data and see if something is wrong.  

19 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Never try to link a booking.  No one even knows why that "feature" is there.  It has no use for a guest.

I am wondering if you try logging in by Booking Ref/Name/BD using your spouse/partner BD?  There has been data corruption reports similar and our friends had this happen.  Just a SWAG here.

For sure, you have some corrupt data.  I would start in POLAR and have a phone agent check your booking data and see if something is wrong.  

Thank you for the response.

I was able to get into the DMW part of that booking and I can see that all my dining reservations are still intact for each night of the TATL, but what is missing from my reservations is my cabin mate! All reservations just show 1 diner.

My travel companion is completely new to cruising, so I will have to have to set her up with the Medallion app and see what she sees on her end. Guess one way, or another, I’ll be calling the Princess IT helpline (despite the fact the credit card expiration issue should be a simple fix!)

Edited by polmcs
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, polmcs said:

Thank you for the response.

I was able to get into the DMW part of that booking and I can see that all my dining reservations are still intact for each night of the TATL, but what is missing from my reservations is my cabin mate! All reservations just show 1 diner.

My travel companion is completely new to cruising, so I will have to have to set her up with the Medallion app and see what she sees on her end. Guess one way, or another, I’ll be calling the Princess IT helpline (despite the fact the credit card expiration issue should be a simple fix!)

Make sure your cabin mate has a good account set up on the website first, name address, phone, credit card etc.  Just that every thing on her profile looks correct on the website.

Yes, then use the same user Id and pw on the app. Let’s hope her App data info isn’t corrupted. Maybe you could work the DMW through her booking.

When she gets on the App, go through each item and fill it in, making sure they are completed.

I have spoken to Support at Princess two times about the incorrect Loyalty Level being displayed in the App.  Answer I get is the problem has been escalated to next level for fixing.  It has been over a week and the Loyalty level is still Blue.  We are Elite and would like it reflected correctly.  My main concern is that I want to purchase the WI Fi package and receive the 50% off price we are due.  The price is showing no discount and is $70 for a week.  Should be $35 for the week.  Any advice on how I get the Loyalty discount on the WI FI pkg?  Thanks

6 minutes ago, HleeCruiser said:

I have spoken to Support at Princess two times about the incorrect Loyalty Level being displayed in the App.  Answer I get is the problem has been escalated to next level for fixing.  It has been over a week and the Loyalty level is still Blue.  We are Elite and would like it reflected correctly.  My main concern is that I want to purchase the WI Fi package and receive the 50% off price we are due.  The price is showing no discount and is $70 for a week.  Should be $35 for the week.  Any advice on how I get the Loyalty discount on the WI FI pkg?  Thanks

Yes, call PCL and tell them you want to purchase the Elite discounted MedallionNet package for your cruise.

Because, the App is wrong!!! Seems you’ve been trying to get this corrected for a while.  They can do it for you.  You should then see it listed on your cruise personalizer on the website after purchase.

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, call PCL and tell them you want to purchase the Elite discounted MedallionNet package for your cruise.

Because, the App is wrong!!! Seems you’ve been trying to get this corrected for a while.  They can do it for you.  You should then see it listed on your cruise personalizer on the website after purchase.

Thanks.  Yes it has been a while with no results from the "Escalation Dept."  If they can not get it corrected I will call to order the discounted WI FI package.

I purchased MedallionNet at the Platinum discount over a month ago.  Until today, when I'd click on MedallionNet on the app, it would show I already purchased.  Today it does not show the purchase.  My travel summary and gifts and services summary show I paid.  My credit card was charged.  I called OCEAN and my issue was supposedly escalated with the highest priority since I sail in a week.

Has anyone else had their purchase disappear from the app?  I'm guessing I'm not the only one this has happened to.  Not happy.  Don't want to waste my time onboard.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SomewhereGirl said:

I purchased MedallionNet at the Platinum discount over a month ago.  Until today, when I'd click on MedallionNet on the app, it would show I already purchased.  Today it does not show the purchase.  My travel summary and gifts and services summary show I paid.  My credit card was charged.  I called OCEAN and my issue was supposedly escalated with the highest priority since I sail in a week.

Has anyone else had their purchase disappear from the app?  I'm guessing I'm not the only one this has happened to.  Not happy.  Don't want to waste my time onboard.

Well, ALL of my cruises 2022 through 2023 MedallionNet on the APP

disappeared too!!!

All by themselves…gone as though I never purchased them with my Elite status.

They are correct on the website and in the cruise personalizer.  

Again, an IT problem. Everyone should check theirs.  

LMK if they fix yours, since your leaving so soon!

Edited by PacnGoNow

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Well, ALL of my cruises 2022 through 2023 MedallionNet on the APP

disappeared too!!!

All by themselves…gone as though I never purchased them with my Elite status.

They are correct on the website and in the cruise personalizer.  

Again, an IT problem. Everyone should check theirs.  

LMK if they fix yours, since your leaving so soon!

I called today as prior the app showed the Medallion Net at 50% off for elite.  The last few days that has disappeared and it now shows full price.  I called the Medallion Net dept this morning and she said I paid for it and it shows on the personalizer which I don’t see looking at my on board reservations.  I asked about the 50% off and she said I’d get it back onboard 🙄.  I asked when did it get charged, never could answer me that one, she was relatively new so I thanked her and hung up.  I’ll try again another day.  

Diane 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PrincessDano said:

I called today as prior the app showed the Medallion Net at 50% off for elite.  The last few days that has disappeared and it now shows full price.  I called the Medallion Net dept this morning and she said I paid for it and it shows on the personalizer which I don’t see looking at my on board reservations.  I asked about the 50% off and she said I’d get it back onboard 🙄.  I asked when did it get charged, never could answer me that one, she was relatively new so I thanked her and hung up.  I’ll try again another day.  

Diane 

No, if you already bought it at 50% off then it should show on the cruise personalizer and on the App.  I just sent a message to the IT team to report it also.

Go to the website and click on your cruise in cruise personalizer…

click on the top travel summary…

click print travel summary 

move down

you should see MedallionNet discount

and the amount you paid….

as well as any other onboard services you may have purchased.

Now, if I were you, I’d print it out, take it with you.  I’m doing that tmrw, before those disappear..😳

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

No, if you already bought it at 50% off then it should show on the cruise personalizer and on the App.  I just sent a message to the IT team to report it also.

Go to the website and click on your cruise in cruise personalizer…

click on the top travel summary…

click print travel summary 

move down

you should see MedallionNet discount

and the amount you paid….

as well as any other onboard services you may have purchased.

Now, if I were you, I’d print it out, take it with you.  I’m doing that tmrw, before those disappear..😳

So, if you did pay for it, it would be on the travel summary and your credit card. Check those.  If you did not buy it, then you need to purchase it. Are you traveling soon?  I would not wait till OB. Why?

I am not going to waste time the first day

at guest svcs if there is a problem getting the discount.  

You can call them back, purchase the Internet at the discounted rate over the phone. Then check your travel summary to make sure you see it.  IDK when the App will get corrected.

35 minutes ago, PrincessDano said:

Diane 

Oh crap!!!  How do those incompetents in OCEAN team manage to break things that were working.  I knew my friend's booking data was corrupted and figured that is why she didn't see MedallionNet 50% off, but I just checked my booking in the App and same thing.  Back to full price.  And both wife and I are recognized as Elite. 

This is just ridiculous.  I wasn't going to book and pay until closer to depart time, but it has shown me 50% off ever since they FINALLY implemented that change.  Now, is broken.  What next?

They are constantly corrupting this data or that.  My friend's bookings are a mess.

ETA:  The MC App shows both wife and I as Elite, so it's not that issue.

Edited by Steelers36