Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

5 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

In today’s MC app’s update to Version 3.3 for iPhone/iPad the option to pre-purchase the MedallionNet package was added.

For Elite & Platinum level passengers this price will be discounted by 50% onboard & received as refundable OBC. As I recall Steelers36 wrote that eventually we can purchase it onboard through the app for the discounted price which could be paid by using OBC.

35F5F54C-6B56-438D-911E-4BB74D2692AE.jpeg

72F724E4-33A5-4AD4-8AC1-AA69BEB3BF4A.jpeg

I don’t see this option on the MC app on any of my cruises.  Where do you see it?

Thanks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I don’t see this option on the MC app on any of my cruises.  Where do you see it?

Thanks 

My app was generally stable until this last update. Now it’s flashing off and on. I guess another defect while fixing the other issues. I will let it rest and check later.

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thanks 

I’m referring to the MedallionNet or Internet package to buy.  I don’t see it on the app.  Where on the app do you see 

the option to purchase? Thanks 

Astro

32 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I’m referring to the MedallionNet or Internet package to buy.  I don’t see it on the app.  Where on the app do you see 

the option to purchase? Thanks 

Astro Flyer mentioned it was added in an update to the iPhone version of the app. Possibly you're not using an iPhone? Or your iPhone hasn't gotten the update yet? (Updates can sometimes roll out in stages/batches, so servers and connections won't be overloaded.) Maybe wait a day or week or two.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

Astro

Astro Flyer mentioned it was added in an update to the iPhone version of the app. Possibly you're not using an iPhone? Or your iPhone hasn't gotten the update yet? (Updates can sometimes roll out in stages/batches, so servers and connections won't be overloaded.) Maybe wait a day or week or two.

Got it!  I do have an iphone. Thanks 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thanks 

The option to purchase “MedallionNet” at the reduced price of $9.99/day for my 7 day cruise a month from now is shown here at the beginning of the MC app. it’s also available for both of my 2022 cruises.

I have automatic updates for my apps but also do a daily manual update.

B08A2FCD-487C-4D61-B08A-6993E48EBF1F.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

1 hour ago, Moonarino said:

Astro

MC App was also updated for Android.  Newest version is:  3.0.95459.  Hmm.. I am thinking they should have changed that.  Anyway SEP 22 date.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

MC App was also updated for Android.  Newest version is:  3.0.95459.  Hmm.. I am thinking they should have changed that.  Anyway SEP 22 date.

Gotcha, thanks. I don't actually have it installed yet (no rush at all, hate these app things anyway).

Revision numbers are actually a sort of "scientific" system, they increment at various decimal places according to how major an update is.And of course iPhone and Android are two different teams. That's why version numbers can vary so much. But version "3" (etc) for both have parallels, major functional or appearance changes or whatever as requested by Princess.

Edited by Moonarino

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

The option to purchase “MedallionNet” at the reduced price of $9.99/day for my 7 day cruise a month from now is shown here at the beginning of the MC app. it’s also available for both of my 2022 cruises.

I have automatic updates for my apps but also do a daily manual update.

B08A2FCD-487C-4D61-B08A-6993E48EBF1F.jpeg

Thanks again! I did the IOS 15 iphone update today and it does show

MedallionNET now.  I had to delete and reinstall the app before it was updated on my app.  It won’t let me buy yet for my 2022 cruises.  Does it work for your 2022 cruises?

This price is our Elite/Platinum/Suites discount that is shown?  Or, do we get 50% off of this price as OBC once onboard?

Thanks 

14 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

MedallionNET now.  I had to delete and reinstall the app before it was updated on my app.  It won’t let me buy yet for my 2022 cruises.  Does it work for your 2022 cruises?

This price is our Elite/Platinum/Suites discount that is shown?  Or, do we get 50% off of this price as OBC once onboard?

Thanks 

Never mind …

I see $9.99 is the regular price on the website. Thanks again for the update.

Hopefully, I can order it soon.  Probably after final payment, which is very soon.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thanks 

It does have the option for both my 2022 cruises although I won’t purchase it so far in advance.

No…that is the pre-cruise price anyone can purchase ($14.99 onboard) and P&E receive a 50% reduction in refundable OBC on the ship.

I haven’t installed iOS 15 which I’m planning to wait to do until after my cruise next month…I don’t want to risk my Green Lane status. ☺️

My mobile devices have iOS 14.8.

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

It does have the option for both my 2022 cruises although I won’t purchase it so far in advance.

No…that is the pre-cruise price anyone can purchase ($14.99 onboard) and P&E receive a 50% reduction in refundable OBC on the ship.

I haven’t installed iOS 15 which I’m planning to wait to do until after my cruise next month…I don’t want to risk my Green Lane status. ☺️

Don’t blame you!  Lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Never mind …

I see $9.99 is the regular price on the website. Thanks again for the update.

Hopefully, I can order it soon.  Probably after final payment, which is very soon.

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I was informed when this was a project under development that the MC App would charge eligible guests the 50% rate and there would no longer be OBC credit.  That said, I did check the link for our OCT 2022 bookings and saw it offered at the full price of $10/day.  But, our bookings were in flux due to some re-fares and one done as a cancel/re-book so we have a new booking number (don't ask me why).  So, maybe once I see that all settled in, I will try it again.

Or, it is possible, they have not delivered that part as yet.  Unfortunate if this is the case.  But if it is, I will certainly follow up and find out why the change.  Getting refundable OBC is okay I guess, but then Princess has my money for a while.  In any case, I certainly don't need to order internet a year ahead of time as I doubt there will be a big price increase anytime soon.

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I was informed when this was a project under development that the MC App would charge eligible guests the 50% rate and there would no longer be OBC credit.  That said, I did check the link for our OCT 2022 bookings and saw it offered at the full price of $10/day.  But, our bookings were in flux due to some re-fares and one done as a cancel/re-book so we have a new booking number (don't ask me why).  So, maybe once I see that all settled in, I will try it again.

Or, it is possible, they have not delivered that part as yet.  Unfortunate if this is the case.  But if it is, I will certainly follow up and find out why the change.  Getting refundable OBC is okay I guess, but then Princess has my money for a while.  In any case, I certainly don't need to order internet a year ahead of time as I doubt there will be a big price increase anytime soon.

Yes it is showing the full price to “buy now.”  ($9.99 a day) But, it’s not open yet for me to buy it.  Will try again after final payment is made. Due in a couple of weeks.

13 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes it is showing the full price to “buy now.”  ($9.99 a day) But, it’s not open yet for me to buy it.  Will try again after final payment is made. Due in a couple of weeks.

Thought so .. I could buy it - going to the next screen, but I was not about to finalize the purchase.  Who knows why for some and not others.  I am not in a hurry however - I have more concerns about my dining arrangements that are still not working properly with B2B2B.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Thought so .. I could buy it - going to the next screen, but I was not about to finalize the purchase.  Who knows why for some and not others.  I am not in a hurry however - I have more concerns about my dining arrangements that are still not working properly with B2B2B.

I was able to buy at the $9.99 rate for our cruise this October on the Grand. It linked it to our booking number, not an individual.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I'd like to know why the App isn't applying the 50% discount at time of purchase.

That would make too much sense! So would using available OBC to buy it, instead of charging my card.

They want to make sure we have plenty to discuss on these boards I suppose 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Not sure if this direct question has been asked and answered, please forgive if it already has -- and I'm sure it already has been answered at least indirectly...

Can MedallionNET only be purchased through the app now, as is also now the case for Dining packages and reservations? ... Or is it just reservations? I can't find purchasing for specialty dining packages either. They're described, but no obvious way to buy. Maybe the definition of "reservations" now includes the act of "purchasing" too...

So back to the first Q, I can no longer find Internet packages anywhere on the website either, but maybe I'm just missing it. The notice regarding Dining is plainly visible on their web, last time I checked.  'Upcoming cruises" main page, Dining button at the top, a big frame announces that dining reservations have moved to the app. No such 'banner' (or anything I can find) for Internet.

I mention the following here (i.e., I rant) because it's relatively absent in this forum but there have been a number of complaints in the Celebrity forum (for example), regarding the fact that the X app is also not quite ready for primetime but being pushed hard, but at least X still allows the purchase and management of Dining, Internet, and everything else on its website (still "Add to Cart" buttons all over the place, I just re-checked), whereas Princess is forcing us to go off-web to the app -- for some, not all (?), but probably an increasing number of items. Which could very well mean that all other major cruise lines will eventually follow suit, because. Just because. You know how it always goes.

And then for every major code change in the app, yet another major code change on the website... .......... 😑 ..... but likely more job opportunities for a few IT folks, so yay that .....

I'll avoid blabbering on all the reasons why I cringe at the thought that every cruiser in the world must own a smartphone and must scatter their PII (and credit card info) into even more nooks and crannies of the digital landscape, which now radiates itself more than ever. I know a lot of people are okay with that, but a lot of us aren't. (But yes a number of things can still be managed after boarding, no app needed, for the many of us who just love standing in long lines while on vacation.)

Does anyone here besides me think this app thing is not nearly as great an idea as they want us to think? When it was essentially just an on-ship convenience thing, sure, no problem, maybe great even. But not what it's turning into now, IMHO.

Edited by Moonarino
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

Is anyone showing they have the drink package on this stupid app? Mine keeps sending me to buy it and I already did. I really really really dislike this app. Wastes so much of my time.............lol

If you have Princess Plus you don't need to do anything on the app.  Ignore that portion. It's not there for you - it's for folks who have no included package. The included beverage package does not show in the app.

20 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If you have Princess Plus you don't need to do anything on the app.  Ignore that portion. It's not there for you - it's for folks who have no included package. The included beverage package does not show in the app.

thank you

26 minutes ago, Thrak said:

And it is beyond me why anyone would want the drink package rather than the plus fare

• Like 1