Resuming Cruising from the North East

Anyone have any guesses on sailings resuming from NY, NJ, Boston and Baltimore or I should say basically the north east?  Unless I missed something I only see the NCL Breakaway on the list to sail at the end of Sept. I wonder why just an NCL ship and no others?

Taking it a step further...are there port agreements yet? Are the respective Governors going to allow cruising to/from their state? You don't hear much, yet cruises are scheduled for the Labor Day timeframe. I guess it's all about FL for now?

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

I hope I'll be arriving on Anthem at Cape Liberty (from Southampton) at the end of October.  🤞

Me too.  At least it's back on Royal's website and on both port schedules.   We are on the October 9th Anthem cruise also.   Have our tix to London and hotel reservations.   Just need the UK to say we can come.

56 minutes ago, Majorleague said:

Taking it a step further...are there port agreements yet? Are the respective Governors going to allow cruising to/from their state? You don't hear much, yet cruises are scheduled for the Labor Day timeframe. I guess it's all about FL for now?

And texas will be up and running on independence ots.

Vista goes out of Galveston this sat, July 3rd. Next ship out I believe.

35 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

35 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Exactly, not a word said about meetings between the cruise lines and any ports here in the north east.    I am booked Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec and I'm tempted to plan another vacation as I doubt NJ and NY will open their ports.   My governor in NJ is the last to make any decisions. Hopefully someone on hear has some good news to share.   

51 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Me too.  At least it's back on Royal's website and on both port schedules.   We are on the October 9th Anthem cruise also.   Have our tix to London and hotel reservations.   Just need the UK to say we can come.

Can you send me the link to what you're seeing on Port Liberty schedule.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, antsnanny said:

Exactly, not a word said about meetings between the cruise lines and any ports here in the north east.    I am booked Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec and I'm tempted to plan another vacation as I doubt NJ and NY will open their ports.   My governor in NJ is the last to make any decisions. Hopefully someone on hear has some good news to share.   

I dont see Nj having any issues.  The state has been maskless for more than a month and their caseload is very low.   Last I heard the plan is to do fully vaccinated sailing on Oasis starting September.

As long as all goes well with cruises this summer out of other ports, we should be good to go on our Oasis sailing in September

• Like 4

1 hour ago, antsnanny said:

Can you send me the link to what you're seeing on Port Liberty schedule.  Thanks.

Don't have a link.  Google port of ny/NJ and click on cruise ship schedules.   Did the same for Southampton.   Until recently Southampton showed her arriving in Southampton on October 20th but never departing.  In NJ it never showed it arriving but then showed it departing on Nov 7th!  Was thrilled when it appeared as departing from Southampton and arriving in NJ.  Gave me hope.

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I dont see Nj having any issues.  The state has been maskless for more than a month and their caseload is very low.   Last I heard the plan is to do fully vaccinated sailing on Oasis starting September.

As long as all goes well with cruises this summer out of other ports, we should be good to go on our Oasis sailing in September

The thing that serves as a warning of sorts to me is that RCCL cancelled all Freedom OTS sailings that were scheduled to sail to sail out of Cape Liberty through October.  And is it worth it to bring Oasis all the way up the coast for 2 months of 50% passenger capacity?  I'm booked for Oasis in September and I'm feeling 70/30% that Oasis stays down in Florida.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

The thing that serves as a warning of sorts to me is that RCCL cancelled all Freedom OTS sailings that were scheduled to sail to sail out of Cape Liberty through October.  And is it worth it to bring Oasis all the way up the coast for 2 months of 50% passenger capacity?  I'm booked for Oasis in September and I'm feeling 70/30% that Oasis stays down in Florida.

If that were the case they would not allow bookings currently.

We have the Oasis booked for September and I’m iffy but leaning towards not sailing. That being said I’m not so sure that it won’t sail that I’ve booked a backup cruise. The mayor of Bayonne said he wanted cruises to start in mid-August and as far as the governor we’re pretty much fully back to normal here so whatever the hold up is I think it’s on Royal’s end.

31 minutes ago, bumorgan said:

Ahh . . . to be so trusting.  We became quite cynical regarding NCL as they repeatedly showed a willingness to sell cruises and accept final payments on cruises that everybody sensible on CC knew darn well would never sail.  To be clear and fair, I'm not saying anything against Royal because I honestly don't know what their "COVID behavior" was.  However, NCL's behavior did lead us to book our next two cruises on Royal.  We are booked on the Anthem in January which I am hoping is far enough out for things to normalize.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bumorgan said:

LOL   They've been allowing cruise bookings for the entire 15+ months that cruising has been suspended in the U.S.   Knowing full well they'd be cancelled and teased people with "lift and shifts" and FCCs.   The cruise lines have also been notoriously slow to refund customers after their sailings were cancelled.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

LOL   They've been allowing cruise bookings for the entire 15+ months that cruising has been suspended in the U.S.   Knowing full well they'd be cancelled and teased people with "lift and shifts" and FCCs.   The cruise lines have also been notoriously slow to refund customers after their sailings were cancelled.

I’m living proof of this, Unfortunately. At least my October cruise is the only one we’ve booked. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

I understand what are you saying.   I was originally booked for a b2b sailing on Freedom to Bermuda in August and a NE/Canada sailing for mid September.      I was surprised when Royal selected Freedom to be their first ship to go out of FL.   Out of all the ships hanging out for months at sea I have wondered why that ship was selected.   

I understand your logic on why bring Oasis up to NJ to sail for only 2 months.   They are doing a shortened cruise season for Alaska so why not our area.    It's easier to get a ship from the Caribbean to NJ than it is to get to Seattle, WA.    Nothing has been logical for a long time so I hope Oasis does come to NJ to sail or another ship, I would be fine with that too.    

7 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Don't have a link.  Google port of ny/NJ and click on cruise ship schedules.   Did the same for Southampton.   Until recently Southampton showed her arriving in Southampton on October 20th but never departing.  In NJ it never showed it arriving but then showed it departing on Nov 7th!  Was thrilled when it appeared as departing from Southampton and arriving in NJ.  Gave me hope.

If you go to Cape Liberty Cruise Ports site and then go to schedule, it says "To Be Determined". I don't think you actually were on the correct site.   There are no plans or schedules on NY or NJ site.  

8 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

Same here.

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

IMO:

Because of DeSantis, it will be easier for RC to send Oasis to Cape Liberty for a couple of months.  She commands high prices there because of demand, too.

NJ has not given the go ahead to the cruise industry to sail out of  NJ and De Santis has given permission to the cruise industry to resume in Florida.  Not sure why it would be easier to send the Oasis to NJ when they don't have permission from our  governor to sail yet. In addition she was due to sail from NJ so RCCL is not making any decisions to send her to NJ based on anything De Santis did, she has been scheduled to sail out of NJ for a long time now, I booked my cruise on the Oasis Oct. 2020.  NJ governor was one of the last to open up the state and still many schools, camps etc. are still requiring masks.   Today we learned in the fall children will be able to resume normal school hours maskless.  Governor Murphy is very slow to open things up.  That all said, I don't believe the cruise industry has even entered into any talks with the ports as of today.   I have my fingers crossed that I will be sailing out of NJ as I live here but I also have plan B to book some cruises out of Florida because they are actually starting up.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Here is what Port Liberty has posted on their site, not sure where you were looking.. http://www.cruiseliberty.com/index.html.  Go to cruise information and then schedule.  

Edited by antsnanny
added more information