Holiday PC cruise with family

mosenga

I am considering a PC cruise over the holidays in December with my wife and two daughters, ages 20 and 17. I understand that a lot of PC cruises generally have an older crowd. Would there be other older teens/early 20s on a PC cruise over the holidays? Specifically, I'm asking about a Princess cruise. Thanks.

Never did a Canal cruise over the holidays so I can't speak directly to that time frame.  In the earlier fall and spring when we have done our Canal cruises, the demographics of a Canal cruise does skew a little older, but I have found that most age groups are fairly well represented.  Having said that, probably older teens and young adults (early20s) will not be all that well represented.  But each cruise is unique, you never know.

If you select one of the Princess cruises using the new locks, that would certainly improve the odds of finding others in a similar age group.  Ships that use the original locks generally have a max capacity of about 2000 passengers, while ships using the new locks are generally in the 3000+ passengers.

22 hours ago, mosenga said:

I am considering a PC cruise over the holidays in December with my wife and two daughters, ages 20 and 17. I understand that a lot of PC cruises generally have an older crowd. Would there be other older teens/early 20s on a PC cruise over the holidays? Specifically, I'm asking about a Princess cruise. Thanks.

Have done many full transits with Princess, but never over Christmas. The pax demographic is definitely on the older side, so probably not many in your kids age group.

• 4 months later...