Beverage Package Price Increase?

I just logged on the RCL site and went to my November 8th sailing of Freedom of the Seas for beverage packages. Previously, I am sure I saw the Deluxe Package showing as $68 a day with a %10 discount discount, although I might be incorrect on %. Now it stats $71 with a 20% discount. This would mean the beverage package is now $89 without discount? This seems to be a steep increase. I remember getting the same package for another RCL cruise for same time period for $47 a day earlier this year.

1594946307_BevPrice.PNG.f82a5b7ac527238da01136fd4161f02d.PNG

Edited by OverBored62
Additional info.

I looked yesterday and the Cruise Planner had $50 per day, but then when you put it in the cart it was $57 per day.  I emailed Royal Caribbean, hoping someone would reply to me, but they still have not.  Today, the Cruise Planner has $57 per day listed, but when you try to add it to the cart, you get a giant ERROR message.

Here's hoping that there's a $50 or less per day price happening soon that can actually be purchased.

• Like 1

Cruise planner items change price often...Book at what you think may be a fair price and keep checking for bottom line reduction. Near black Friday and cyber Monday is usually a good time to look for a reduction. 

• Like 1

I've been away from booking cruises for so long now, I though I would feel like a newbie again on this site... The very first thread I see: Beverage Package price increase.  I guess things haven't changed all that much 😁, I feel right at home 😎.

dp

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

We're on Symphony in November and the price has bounced back and forth from $50 to $72. Right now it's $67. You can wait for it to come down or buy it and cancel if the price comes down then purchase it at the lower price.

There will always be another 'sale.'

Edited by Big_G

6 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

too bad we'll be cruising during that time

Just a general comment and why I didn't quote that may help someone else :classic_wink:

Enjoy your cruise !!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Just a general comment and why I didn't quote that may help someone else :classic_wink:

Enjoy your cruise !!

it's no big deal! We are always cruising on Thanksgiving*, so we are always missing whatever deals might be going on. 

*Except for Covid, darn it.

• Haha 1

We are booked on Jewel for 8 days in December.  DBP was $53 (30% off) yesterday.  Today it is up to $61 (20% off).  I think it is so when they have a 4th of July sale this weekend it will appear to be a good deal.  Royal math.  🤪

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Peak city said:

We are booked on Jewel for 8 days in December.  DBP was $53 (30% off) yesterday.  Today it is up to $61 (20% off).  I think it is so when they have a 4th of July sale this weekend it will appear to be a good deal.  Royal math.  🤪

In retail terms it's called cancelation of a markup. Not uncommon especially for Royal Caribbean. Other lines do it with cruise fares. They inflate them a week or two before they advertise a sale and the sale price is the same had you booked before the price increase. Royal doesn't have to do this with their cruise fare since it's an ongoing % off sale with a different tag line.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Peak city said:

This is my thought exactly. You may not have seen the lower price earlier, but when you see $67 today and $57 tomorrow, you think you are getting a deal.

We are hopelessly addicted, so we check prices A LOT. Grabbed a DBP last month for an April 2022 sailing on Radiance for $47/day...

• Like 2

On 6/30/2021 at 1:11 PM, Big_G said:

We're on Symphony in November and the price has bounced back and forth from $50 to $72. Right now it's $67. You can wait for it to come down or buy it and cancel if the price comes down then purchase it at the lower price.

There will always be another 'sale.'

When you saw it at 50, was that with a sale or just the regular price that day?

12 hours ago, Thenagers said:

BTW.  It seems different sailings and ships have different prices. Prices are lower the further from your cruise sailing.  

Not necessarily...we booked Navigator CA on opening day for September 2022. the price has held firmly at $71 p/p/ per day. :classic_rolleyes::classic_biggrin:

On 6/30/2021 at 7:40 PM, Peak city said:

And today the price is back to $53 for the 4th of July Sale.  

• Like 1