Cruise Cancelation or Charter Clues?

audobon_tx

Our b2b on the Pursuit, LIS-CPT-CPT, in November & December 2021 has gone from pretty much wide open to completely sold out in all categories overnight per Azamara website.  Flanking cruises before and after are still for sale.  I find it hard to fathom that Pursuit would sail to Lisbon then go out of service for over a month before resuming thousands of miles away.  We have heard nothing and neither has my TA.

Charter?  Other?  Any ideas?

The same thing just occurred with our Sept 28 Pursuit, Athens to Rome.  This will theoretically be Pursuit's first post-Covid cruise.   I have been watching bookings in CC suites, just out of curiosity.  As of a week or so ago, there were still 8 or 10 CCs showing as available.  As of yesterday every cabin category shows "Sold out".

My hope is that AZ shut it off due to bookings reaching whatever Covid capacity limit they had set.  It seems unlikely they would convert this introductory cruise to a charter, but I guess it's possible.

I hope your b2b plans remain intact;  I have gone thru a charter conversion disappointment in the past, and having one's first post-pandemic cruise blown up would likely be even more disappointing.

Although, the pent-up demand for charter/incentive trips is probably quite high also.

8 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Maybe several big box agencies bought a whole bunch of cabins,  After all, the R class ships only hold 650 passengers which would be 325 cabins and it wouldn't be hard for that to happen.

DON

Man, I hope not.  Lots of sea days and a full ship is not pleasant due to minimal public spaces and few activities at sea.

1 minute ago, mwf7501 said:

The same thing just occurred with our Sept 28 Pursuit, Athens to Rome.  This will theoretically be Pursuit's first post-Covid cruise.   I have been watching bookings in CC suites, just out of curiosity.  As of a week or so ago, there were still 8 or 10 CCs showing as available.  As of yesterday every cabin category shows "Sold out".

My hope is that AZ shut it off due to bookings reaching whatever Covid capacity limit they had set.  It seems unlikely they would convert this introductory cruise to a charter, but I guess it's possible.

I hope your b2b plans remain intact;  I have gone thru a charter conversion disappointment in the past, and having one's first post-pandemic cruise blown up would likely be even more disappointing.

Although, the pent-up demand for charter/incentive trips is probably quite high also.

I hope it is just a capacity cut off, but it is a few weeks until final payment when on the fence people would cancel anyway, so I doubt it.  I suppose they could count heads after final payment and reinstate sales at that time.  Yeah, sure.....

1 hour ago, scotsahoy said:

And same now showing for our Journey cruise 18 November Dubai to Singapore - all cabins except inside being shown as “ sold out” - definitely not the case few days ago.

And I would be surprised if that cruise sold out, given the uncertainty of the itinerary.

I just checked on my 11/2-18 Journey cruise (the one before Scotsahoy) and found the same thing. Only cabin showing available is a guarantee interior. What the heck is going on?!

Edited by Mackdogmolly

Some kind of changes seem to be afoot.   Several (most?) Pursuit and Journey cruises seem to be locked up in Oct/Nov.  The "Pricing and Offers" web pages typically show only Interior cabins available, but if you click through as if to purchase, every category then shows "Sold Out."    I didn't try every cruise in Oct/Nov, but it did not appear that Quest is affected.

Times like this some straightforward communication from AZ would be appreciated. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mwf7501 said:

Some kind of changes seem to be afoot.   Several (most?) Pursuit and Journey cruises seem to be locked up in Oct/Nov.  The "Pricing and Offers" web pages typically show only Interior cabins available, but if you click through as if to purchase, every category then shows "Sold Out."    I didn't try every cruise in Oct/Nov, but it did not appear that Quest is affected.

Times like this some straightforward communication from AZ would be appreciated. 

The Dec. 23 Quest cruise no longer appears on the website!!!

Looks like it’s everywhere. Just checked a Jan 22 Aus/NZ cruise and Antarctica cruise from Sth America - same situation. 

No doubt we’ll all find out in a day or two.

9 minutes ago, laurieb said:

They may be tweaking itineraries or loading new prices; I suppose they could also be fitting in a drydock.

I did see prices starting to show back up by category on some of the cruises

Yes, for Journey, now pricing for Interior rooms does show up when you click through as if to purchase.  For Pursuit, however, it still has the inconsistency of showing Interior rooms on "Pricing and Offers," but all show as "Sold out" when you click through.  So things may just be in some transitional state.

When my prior cruise was cancelled and converted to charter, the first clue was that it stopped appearing at all in the Search results.  It was not this "Sold out" symptom.

Perhaps best case it is simply some website bug.   In which case our new CIO has her work cut out for her.

I believe that itineraries are being re worked.  It's going to take a lot of juggling to sail to some places.  Australia and New Zealand won't be happening for 2022.  Hopefully the new itineraries will be released very soon

• Like 1

OMG I can’t imagine sailing on a Azamara ship at 50% capacity!  That would be one quiet, dead cruise.  On the bright side easier to DYI laundry and eat in the speciality restaurants.  

19 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

+1

No place to hide on a full ship, other than your stateroom.

We found plenty of room to hide and our cruise was 3 short of full capacity.  We were looking for some activity.  Spent most cocktail  time and after 9:30 in a empty living room, late afternoon average 3- 6 people at the Sunset Bar.  The only time we encountered a large number of people was in Discoveries Bar waiting to be seated for dinner,  Mosiac waiting for coffee and Spirits on the last evening.  Well,  White  Night was standing room only and the only time we felt the ship was “alive”. Some want quiet, relaxing and others want a more active,  upbeat cruise where people are having fun.

59 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We found plenty of room to hide and our cruise was 3 short of full capacity.  We were looking for some activity.  Spent most cocktail  time and after 9:30 in a empty living room, late afternoon average 3- 6 people at the Sunset Bar.  The only time we encountered a large number of people was in Discoveries Bar waiting to be seated for dinner,  Mosiac waiting for coffee and Spirits on the last evening.  Well,  White  Night was standing room only and the only time we felt the ship was “alive”. Some want quiet, relaxing and others want a more active,  upbeat cruise where people are having fun.

Sea days + full ship = no place to sit during the day.

Fun ships.....

Edited by flyingshoes