Our Adventure on the Adventure - Live from Adventure of the Seas, July 3, 2021

Just now, mo&fran said:

@WxNerd I am curious, were you flying on AA.  When we left on week 2, and Jet Blue lines in the terminal were insane. WE got off the ship the same time as you, since we had a late flight. WE were flying Bahamas Air to FLL, there was no one for us.

We were flying in AA. JetBlue was also a mess that day. There was a bomb threat that shutdown FLL so most flights to FLL were cancelled. 

If Bahamas Air didn’t have any flights for a several hours it doesn’t surprise me that there was no one at the ticket counter yet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxNerd said:

We were flying in AA. JetBlue was also a mess that day. There was a bomb threat that shutdown FLL so most flights to FLL were cancelled. 

If Bahamas Air didn’t have any flights for a several hours it doesn’t surprise me that there was no one at the ticket counter yet. 

There were agents, no customers.

Just now, HBCcruiser said:

THANK YOU for this. Just did it. 🙏

Pro tip…the VeriFly line is between priority and the general lines there were 2 counters for that one line you just have to find where the end of that line is…send a scouting mission 🤣

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WxNerd said:

Pro tip…the VeriFly line is between priority and the general lines there were 2 counters for that one line you just have to find where the end of that line is…send a scouting mission 🤣

I knew to do VeriFly before we go are you saying you have to update it for the flight back after you get your disembarkation covid test results?

Edited by mauraoel

I don’t think I posted the most significant news of our trip. I started a post and lost it because I tried to post it when I had lost internet. 

We had 1 fully vaccinated adult test positive. The rest of the family tested negative, including unvaccinated teens. From what I understand the family was put in quarantine, PCR tests were done on everyone, the adult still tested positive and everyone else still tested negative but the whole family was transported home from Cozumel. 

That is all the info I know. I am happy to know that protocols are working. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

I knew to do VeriFly before we go are you saying you have to update it for the flight back after you get your disembarkation covid test results?

Yes, you have to create a new trip because your destination is now the US. Instead of your Vaccine Card you will upload the negative antigen test results that you get in email and a paper copy delivered to your room. Once that is accepted you complete the attestation that is required by the US, you also get a paper copy of these to fill out in your room.  

• Like 2

I too was on the 6pm AA flight. We got to the airport around 9:30 and everything was a zoo then as well. When we were checking in the regular line was actually quicker than VeriFLY or priority. It took us 30-45 minutes to complete checking, security and walk right through customs without a line thanks to global entry.

Besides the FLL flights being mostly canceled because of the backup at FLL caused by the bomb threat, weather issues in the NE from the tropical storm that missed our cruise was causing delays and cancellations as well.

On a side note the whole Cake Boss extended family was in the  terminal that morning. We ran into them at Atlantis the Friday night before the cruise. 

Edited by wreckem2013

22 minutes ago, wreckem2013 said:

Besides the FLL flights being mostly canceled because of the backup at FLL caused by the bomb threat, weather issues in the NE from the tropical storm that missed our cruise was causing delays and cancellations as well.

On a side note the whole Cake Boss extended family was in the  terminal that morning. We ran into them at Atlantis the Friday night before the cruise. 

Yup, it’s summer, flying is dicey. Yesterday was super stressful at work and today wasn’t much better. I was just thankful I wasn’t working any of the flights going into MIA, they were in holding for almost an hour due to thunderstorms when I left 😳😬

That would have been so cool to meet them. I went to the Carlos Bakery location at the Venetian in Vegas when I was there at the beginning of June. Much better cannolis than I had at Giovanni’s on the ship. 

• Like 1

I have I still have 314 days to go before my Odyssey of the Sea Holy Land cruise. So this review is really getting me more axcited.  I know I will be reading more reviews before my cruise, so I am looking forward to reading all of them

On 7/9/2021 at 12:03 PM, WxNerd said:

And I feel super proud of myself, I figured out how to put the pictures in the post and not just at the end. 

Do tell! I’m not as coordinated as you. Still can’t figure it out! 🥴

8 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Do tell! I’m not as coordinated as you. Still can’t figure it out! 🥴

There is a small + in the lower left corner of your photos. When you click that + it will insert your photo wherever your curser is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WxNerd said:

Always make the most of the blessings in life! This cruise was a blessing in so many ways.

I work for an airline and was furloughed for a few months so we were unsure if taking a trip would be possible this year. 

We are now looking Forward to planning a cruise for next year and praying we get to take my parents who are both currently battling different forms of cancer. 

I enjoyed reading your review . I’m looking forward to reading the review of your next cruise taken with your parents . Wishing them a complete recovery.   

21 hours ago, NHProud said:

The cruise amuses .  Took me awhile to figure it out. 

Heh heh ... happy to help keep you on your toes! 😁  Actually, it's the French title of the 80's TV show "The Love Boat," or literally translated, "The cruise has fun." But your translation definitely has more of a ring to it! 😄

I might have missed it but how many passengers were on your cruise? Just curious if they have started to increase the capacity.  Thanks for all the airport info.  We are on the July 24th sailing and trying to plan it all out.  

On 7/12/2021 at 3:21 PM, WxNerd said:

I used magnetic tape to put them on the door. 

I save magnets that come in the mail as advertisements or get as giveaways and glue them to the back of pictures or whatever I want to stick to our

cabin walls. Works well and the price is right. 😀

Thanks again for your very entertaining and informative trip report. 😎

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 3:51 PM, WxNerd said:

I don’t think I posted the most significant news of our trip. I started a post and lost it because I tried to post it when I had lost internet. 

We had 1 fully vaccinated adult test positive. The rest of the family tested negative, including unvaccinated teens. From what I understand the family was put in quarantine, PCR tests were done on everyone, the adult still tested positive and everyone else still tested negative but the whole family was transported home from Cozumel. 

That is all the info I know. I am happy to know that protocols are working. 

Do you know if they were vaccinated?