Our Adventure on the Adventure - Live from Adventure of the Seas, July 3, 2021

1 hour ago, Basil & Beetle said:

Is there something that has to be done with daily wellness checks for the Bahamian Government for the children under age who are not vaccinated? Wasn't sure due to technically, we will be in the Bahamas only one night before cruise; or if they are on the cruise ship it means we are in the Bahamas 8 days? I think this is separate from any requirements from Royal once on the ship????

Thanks so much as this was confusing to me.

There is a daily health questionnaire for children 12 and older. Since mine are 8 and 11 we don’t have to. They also have to do the antigen test on day 5, which is also the day we are doing our return to the US tests so it works for both requirements. 

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Starting the boys off right with Escargot's 🙂

We love to travel so we do feel it is important for them to try all sorts of new things. They were not convinced on the snails so there may have been a bet involved and then we talked about how good they were and that you can’t say you don’t like something until you have at least tried it. They are also working on getting me to try them again. I have had escargot in the past and wasn’t a fan but might try one more time, we will see. 

Edited by WxNerd
  • Like 2

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your trip with us! We are in a Junior Suite August 28th. I did the Royal Up for a Grand Suite, fingers crossed! Enjoy your special day at CocoCay!

• Like 1

Loving your review and looks like your having a great time. Nice pictures and brings back memories. Wish I was there!

So in the letter you posted from the ship, upon returning to U.S. from Bahamas regardless if your vaccinated or not it says you must schedule a test. What if that test should come back positive. What would the people do once they got back to home port? 

8 hours ago, dswallow said:

You may be interested in trying this app for your photos of documents...

Microsoft Lens - PDF Scanner - Apps on Google Play
‎Microsoft Lens: PDF Scanner on the App Store (apple.com)

If you have an iPhone or iPad you can use the "notes" app that comes with it.  Just open up a new document.  At the top you will see a camera icon. Click on it and it will give you the option to scan documents.  After that shoot like a regular picture but it will convert to a pdf.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, lauren0309 said:

Loving your review and looks like your having a great time. Nice pictures and brings back memories. Wish I was there!

So in the letter you posted from the ship, upon returning to U.S. from Bahamas regardless if your vaccinated or not it says you must schedule a test. What if that test should come back positive. What would the people do once they got back to home port? 

We were on week 2, and 2 children tested positive, RC chartered a plane to fly the whole family home to the US, in our case, from Freeport.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If you have an iPhone or iPad you can use the "notes" app that comes with it.  Just open up a new document.  At the top you will see a camera icon. Click on it and it will give you the option to scan documents.  After that shoot like a regular picture but it will convert to a pdf.

Thank you. 

43 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

We were on week 2, and 2 children tested positive, RC chartered a plane to fly the whole family home to the US, in our case, from Freeport.

Testing on this saaailing is on Wednesday which is the sea day before Cozumel. Should anyone come back positive, vaccinated or not the same protocols should apply. 

Edited by WxNerd

9 minutes ago, eswort said:

Thanks for the live review! Have you heard what the capacity is on this sailing?

Unofficially 1200. I will try to find out the number of kids too. 

Even with the everyone hanging out on the upper decks-port side for the fireworks last night it still seamed empty. 

• Like 2

Do Grand Suites guests get internet? I didn't see it listed in the letter from the conceirge.  GS did in the past.  We're in a GS on AOS B2B weeks of August 28 and September 4.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, WxNerd said:

We love to travel so we do feel it is important for them to try all sorts of new things. They were not convinced on the snails so there may have been a bet involved

A couple of years ago we tricked my mom into trying the escargot without telling her what they were. My kid was laughing the entire time my poor mom was trying to guess what she was eating. Mom is not an adventurous eater at all :), but she was a good sport about it.  We still joke about the snails - when we see on in the woods, we say - oh, there's escargot a la bourguignonne!

As for the kid, several years ago we implemented a fun rule for cruising - he can eat whatever he wants for breakfast and lunch (even if it's nothing but cookies and soft serve, lol), but he has to eat what I order for him for dinner. Of course, I'd never order something he wouldn't touch, but at least he gets to try different things "because you never know what you are going to like if you don't try it."

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Another option is the Adobe Scan app.  I used to use the MS Lens app but switched to Adobe Scan for creating PDFs.  Not sure why I switch since the MS Lens app worked well.  Probably because PDF is Adobe's file format and it felt better to use an Adobe app to create it.  Both will automatically adjust to straighten, crop, and fix contrast.

Still loving this review.  Thanks for taking time from your cruise to post.

• Like 1

I know someone on a previous cruise said they didn’t allow you to use Diamond free drinks on CoCo Cay. Maybe someone corrected that in another thread, I don’t know, but they most certainly do allow you to redeem you free drinks for Diamond on up.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wreckem2013 said:

I don’t know, but they most certainly do allow you to redeem you free drinks for Diamond on up.

This could certainly depend on bartender- the reports so far have only been anecdotal, I don't recall anyone showing the official policy posted anywhere yet.