Live from the Carnival Vista July 3

skylane182

I know it was asked but I haven't seen a reply to the question in post #17 about vaccine status.  What was acceptable proof and did they ask to see or was it part of the online check-in process to upload?  I saw a few posts on the Holland America boards from people going crazy because Carnival wasn't asking to actually "see" them.

Is funny i was checking the CDC Ship color status chart just now and this ship is still listed as orange status.  Guess no one told them it sailed? DONT STOP KEEP GOING!!!!!! lol.  Great review so far.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

I know it was asked but I haven't seen a reply to the question in post #17 about vaccine status.  What was acceptable proof and did they ask to see or was it part of the online check-in process to upload?  I saw a few posts on the Holland America boards from people going crazy because Carnival wasn't asking to actually "see" them.

Whatever is the Canadian equivalent of the U.S, CDC vaccination card should be sufficient—original, no copies.

1 minute ago, dan4182 said:

Whatever is the Canadian equivalent of the U.S, CDC vaccination card should be sufficient—original, no copies.

well i never got a card so im guessing my immunization record will suffice.  Now just have to wait for the answer to the rest of the question.

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

I saw a few posts on the Holland America boards from people going crazy because Carnival wasn't asking to actually "see" them.

Sounds like the cruiselines are increasingly headed to "wink, wink, nod, nod" system that has seen wide adoption on land.

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

Carnival is checking the cards. There's also a rumor that they have nurses verifying the vaccine documents.  Most of the rumors seem to be coming from people who don't sail on Carnival

Screenshot_20210706-153907_Chrome~2.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

Sounds like the cruiselines are increasingly headed to "wink, wink, nod, nod" system that has seen wide adoption on land.

Well i dont know if they actually need to "See" them if you have to upload them during the check in process which is what im wondering about.

1 minute ago, kdr69 said:

Well i dont know if they actually need to "See" them if you have to upload them during the check in process which is what im wondering about.

Carnival is not having passengers upload the cards at check in.   They just ask if vaccinated if no then do you have an exemption letter if no then call Carnival.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

What lobster says is correct. I did not have to upload any sort of vaccination information for my July 18th cruise. Then again, I haven’t done the health assessment yet either. The dates for that keep flopping around. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

I have done 2 health assessments so far and there's supposed to be one more tomorrow. I'm sailing on Saturday. 

@lobster1313What questions were on the health assessments, aside from whether or not you're vaccinated?

Edited by amypintx

On 7/4/2021 at 8:22 AM, skylane182 said:

I should also mention no menus at dinner. They have gone paperless, so you need to bring your phone to scan and see the menu

Can you find out what people who dont carry a smart phone with them would do?  

1 hour ago, lobster1313 said:

The rest were the standard covid questions. Out of the country last 14 days. New symptoms. Any exposure.

It was mentioned that if you weren't vaccinated you had to do bubble excursions, masks on boards etc...  Once you check in and show your card, how does the crew know that you are vaccinated?  Wrist band?  On you sail & sign card?

15 minutes ago, kskelley40 said:

It was mentioned that if you weren't vaccinated you had to do bubble excursions, masks on boards etc...  Once you check in and show your card, how does the crew know that you are vaccinated?  Wrist band?  On you sail & sign card?

It doesn't matter because it's a vaccinated cruise and masks are not generally required for the unvaccinated.

Edited by lobster1313

4 hours ago, kdr69 said:

They asked to see our vaccination card at check in twice.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2