EDGE JULY 10, 2021 (semi) LIVE

graphicguy

21 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Beautiful pictures.  Thank you so much.  That sailaway in the Magic Carpet looked awesome.  Do you have to reserve a place there?

No reservations needed.  It stops on different decks throughout the day.  It's usually on the upper decks in the evening and lower decks during the day.

On 7/8/2021 at 4:06 PM, graphicguy said:

I get it.  Not saying my way is the right way for anyone.  It's the right way for ME!  

I don't think I'm cutting it close.  I'm on the early flight..the first flight out, which gets me into FLL roughly 7.5 hours before sail away. Barring that, last flight available if something goes sideways gets me to FLL around 2.5 hours before sailing.  There are about 3 flights in between.  And, a couple of them are flying in to MIA, just in case something goes sideways at FLL.

The reason I'm keeping an eye on flights is because of the hurricane that just passed.  Doesn't look like flights were affected much at all.

Truth told, if I was driving in from the panhandle, I would do the same as you.  Drive in the day before.  No way I'd drive 9 hours and then hit the cruise port to embark.

Travel time for me, from the time I pull out of my driveway to CVG (40 minutes, probably no traffic that time of the a.m., and on a weekend) to the time I board and-wheels up-fly-wheels down at FLL-grab an Uber/Lyft/Taxi to the pier....at the check in line.... should be around 4.0 hours.

Nap on the plane, then adrenalin kicks in upon stepping onto the ship, which hopefully carries me through dropping off carry ons, exploring, dusk, drinks and eats in between.  Fingers crossed, I make it to midnight.  Reality?  10-ish is more like it.

This is late, but I’ve noticed that Delta is doing much better than some of the other airlines on cancellations and on time arrivals. 
We don’t get much of a choice and have gone all in with Felta, but it is good to know.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cangelmd said:

This is late, but I’ve noticed that Delta is doing much better than some of the other airlines on cancellations and on time arrivals. 
We don’t get much of a choice and have gone all in with Felta, but it is good to know.

They are getting better.  I’m a 2M Miler with Delta and probably have another Million MIles or so on the likes of American, United, Southwest.  Delta isn’t devoid of their issues.  They’ve been woefully understaffed for probably the last 5 or 6 years….particularly at their gates and Customer Service phone lines.  But, out of all the rest, regarding on time departures and arrivals, they are indeed the best.

55 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

They are getting better.  I’m a 2M Miler with Delta and probably have another Million MIles or so on the likes of American, United, Southwest.  Delta isn’t devoid of their issues.  They’ve been woefully understaffed for probably the last 5 or 6 years….particularly at their gates and Customer Service phone lines.  But, out of all the rest, regarding on time departures and arrivals, they are indeed the best.

Yeah, do everything possible to avoid those so called Customer Service phone lines.

Another thing that seems to have improved is lost luggage, and simply moving people through Atlanta. We have multiple flights out - one reason to stick with Delta - but it’s those small regional jets that get sent to those Gate40+. I prefer 1 hour layovers in ATL, but the last couple of short layovers, I have made a connection that would’ve have happened 6-8 years ago.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Yeah, do everything possible to avoid those so called Customer Service phone lines.

Another thing that seems to have improved is lost luggage, and simply moving people through Atlanta. We have multiple flights out - one reason to stick with Delta - but it’s those small regional jets that get sent to those Gate40+. I prefer 1 hour layovers in ATL, but the last couple of short layovers, I have made a connection that would’ve have happened 6-8 years ago.

Heartsfield is a topic in and of itself.  I've been stuck there many, many hours/days over the years.  LOL!  I just made tight connection there Saturday with only a 37 minute gap between landing in gate B to taking the train to Gate F.  Made it just as they were opening the jetway door for loading.  I think that's a record for me.  🙂

15 minutes ago, gbphipps said:

@graphicguy, I read in another thread about a helipad sailaway as a suite perk.  Was that available to you on your sailing?  We will be embarking on July 24th B2B with the 31st sailing.  We thought that would be a fun time if it was offered.

There is no helipad on the Edge.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 3:02 PM, graphicguy said:

I ordered RAINDROPS, ENLIGHTENING, COVE, MANGALISTA AND LOOKING GLASS.  The “petals” desert at the end was thrown in…..just because….

Service was great.  Food was great!  If you’re going to do ANY on specialty restaurant on the EDGE, make it this one…..

064CC077-EC56-4141-8FA4-621D6BADABB7.jpeg

This was not on the menu.  Was it the ending to everyone's meal?  We love the Chocolate Sphere in Luminae but it is only available on longer cruises, although we did ask for it as a special dessert on an Alaskan cruise for a special occassion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

This was not on the menu.  Was it the ending to everyone's meal?  We love the Chocolate Sphere in Luminae but it is only available on longer cruises, although we did ask for it as a special dessert on an Alaskan cruise for a special occassion.

Not sure…..wait staff said they had a “surprise” for me after I already had dessert.  This is what she brought.  Again, I think Celebrity is bending over backwards to give an over the top experience on these restart cruises.

• Like 3

On 7/20/2021 at 1:49 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

This same chocolate sphere was given to all tables in Eden when we dined there on the first Edge TA (April 2019). It wasn’t on the menu. It was lovely, but we were all too full to do it much justice😜 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

It was.  That's where I spent Sailaway, actually!!!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement (I think)!

Thanks, I saw the pic of the horn war, but wasn't 100% if that was sail away.  One on hand I'm surprised that it doesn't appear very busy on the other hand I've never departed this late and realize perhaps up to nearly half the ship have 6pm dinner reservations if we include the specialty restaurants..

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Well…someone stop me, please.

I’m looking at Summit sailings next month, already!!!!!!!!

😉

With the GF this time I hope…😍

BTW Great friggin start here…

Left vaccine card at home.

DH taking later flight—ran home to get it for me. (Good 1 1/4 hrs away)

I owe him BIG time…guessing jewelry is NOT what he’s looking for…😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KKB said:

From now on, could do what I did, taped the card to the inside of the passport, was super careful to not put tape over the Cards stamps/signatures.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

From now on, could do what I did, taped the card to the inside of the passport, was super careful to not put tape over the Cards stamps/signatures.

Excellent idea.

SOOOO frustrating… I have lists but am a fine tuned machine packing for trips.

But alas—vax card is not “regular”

Funny, I ALWAYS carry it—but changed wallets & since it’s bigger, was in a different place

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, KKB said:

Y’all are a bunch of enablers….LOL!  I knew I shouldn’t have retired.

Oh no.  Glad you were able to get the vaccine card in any event.  

I keep my vaccine card in a pouch/leather case with my Passport, passport card, and Global Engtry Card.  If that gets lost, I ain’t getting home, and I’ll probably be quarantined for the rest of my life.

• Like 1