Atlas vs SilverSea vs Seabourn

bohaiboy

I only recently learned about Atlas and I really like what I see so far.  We are going on our 4th SS cruise this August and are booked on our first Seabourn in Feb 22.  From what  I see not a lot of differences but the Atlas ships seem considerably small yet yield the same size staterooms and suites including a butler (which SB does not have but SS does), gratuities, free premium drinks, free shore excursions.  Am I missing something bc they seem too good to be true actually.  TIA

I think a lot is unknown.

We basically rolled the dice on two atlas cruises over the next 8 months. I am very intrigued by the product being a smaller ship + the "adventure luxury", which fits our style.  We don't want the pomp and circumstance of silver seas and Cunard.  I just want to be treated well and individually, which becomes harder the more people that are on the ships. 

What is missing is a history of actually delivering a cruising product at the quality of SS and SB. It is one thing to describe what should happen, but to actually deliver can be difficult. Some of the ports that Atlas has on their itineraries (like Antarctica) require an expedition staff that has knowledge of what can be done to make the cruise be what the guests expect.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/5/2021 at 8:56 AM, AA-Flier said:

What is missing is a history of actually delivering a cruising product at the quality of SS and SB. It is one thing to describe what should happen, but to actually deliver can be difficult. 

This is a key statement.  If you are truly interested in checking out their delivery to date, read a number of these Boards as well as some of the roll calls for what cruises have taken place as well as a few of those upcoming.  There is a wealth of information and naturally opinions, but still many inconsistences between what was/is advertised and represented and the realities of what is being delivered.  Even little clues/red flags can be found in small less noticed details like check the ads and see how often there are spelling and basic grammatical errors.  If ad campaigns are not being proofed then what else is falling through the cracks?  At least they have a standard line "marketing error".  I guess Marketing runs the operation.  But that still doesn't excuse saying something is included then finding it is not and being blown off for thinking and expecting it should be given as it was alleged.  Our personal experience has been abysmal.  We have expended countless pointless hours dealing with endless hassles and chaos, while also trying to stay abreast of what the latest discovery of what is not included or being done as alleged.  When a business cuts special deals with individual passengers, it erodes trust even more. We have zero trust in this company at this point and will be glad to have the trip over with.  Buyer beware.  If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.   Some businesses survive in spite of themselves.  Just as some passengers are enthralled with catchy terms designed to suck people in and make them feel better than others.   Something for everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1