Health Visa for Bahamas?

My cruise is in September leaving from Bayonne and stopping in Nassau. I'm fully vaccinated. Is a health visa still required for entering Nassau?  If it is, when would I apply for it for a September cruise? I would think the cruise line would inform us of this.

7 minutes ago, lauren0309 said:

My cruise is in September leaving from Bayonne and stopping in Nassau. I'm fully vaccinated. Is a health visa still required for entering Nassau?  If it is, when would I apply for it for a September cruise? I would think the cruise line would inform us of this.

I have read that even if fully vaccinated you still need the health visa and can apply for it 14 days prior to your cruise.

I  hope  Royal Caribbean keeps us all abreast of this as we draw closer to our Bahama cruises.

• Like 1

• lauren0309 changed the title to Health Visa for Bahamas?

We’re doing a Bahamas cruise in Sept also and wasn’t aware of this.  Do you know if it’s still necessary if you’re vaxxed and NOT getting off the ship in Nassau? (We’ve been there multiple times and for us, the Oasis is the destination!)

So far the health visa is only for people on one of the Adventure cruises leaving from Nassau (or for any other non-cruise tourists visiting the Bahamas).

To date there's no indication it will be required for those just making a port stop in the Bahamas.  Bahamas announced a couple days this definitely wouldn't be required for cruises leaving from Florida and visiting the Bahamas.

• Like 1

Thanks, smokeybandit! I actually just came back here to put in your link to the news story about this! Since we’re leaving out of Bayonne it will be interesting to see how different the  boarding will be since I believe they can ask for proof of vaccination in NJ.

It sounds like this is as fluid as all the other things about Covid! Right now, I’m just hoping I’ll be able to go back to work without isolating for a period. 🙄

https://ewnews.com/free-pass-some-cruise-passengers-not-required-to-obtain-health-travel-visa   ( Stolen from smokeybandit!)

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

So far the health visa is only for people on one of the Adventure cruises leaving from Nassau (or for any other non-cruise tourists visiting the Bahamas).

To date there's no indication it will be required for those just making a port stop in the Bahamas.  Bahamas announced a couple days this definitely wouldn't be required for cruises leaving from Florida and visiting the Bahamas.

Thanks. I was trying to figure out when I would have to apply. 

1 hour ago, cooncat_mom said:

We’re doing a Bahamas cruise in Sept also and wasn’t aware of this.  Do you know if it’s still necessary if you’re vaxxed and NOT getting off the ship in Nassau? (We’ve been there multiple times and for us, the Oasis is the destination!)

Same here. Not sure if we will even be getting off. Been to Nassau numerous time. This cruise is mainly for the ship not the destinations either.

Hoping when we fly to Nassau for Adventure in August it is not longer a requirement.  Same as having to get a Covid test before we go.  We are fully vaccinated, so hoping we don't have to deal with that.