Jump to content

I need recommendations on Stockholm hotels near port


 Share

Recommended Posts

On 7/5/2021 at 4:25 PM, Ivy86 said:

Looking for hotels near the cruise ship terminal in Stockholm. 

 

Which ship are you going on and when? Also define "near".

Your ship will likely berth at either Frihamnen or Stadsgården (Masthamnen).

https://www.google.se/maps/dir/Frihamnen+Stockholm/Masthamnen+kryssningsterminal/@59.3331478,18.1006443,14.25z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x465f82b5f7bbc471:0x33a0e36acdbbfaf2!2m2!1d18.1191714!2d59.3432219!1m5!1m1!1s0x465f79b7d41244c7:0x5b41919a73b6843f!2m2!1d18.1031907!2d59.3159316!3e2

Edited by Desdichado62
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Desdichado62 said:

Your ship will likely berth at either Frihamnen or Stadsgården (Masthamnen).

… and the cruise lines does also list Nynäshamn as Stockholm.

Edited by hallasm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/5/2021 at 8:25 AM, Ivy86 said:

Looking for hotels near the cruise ship terminal in Stockholm. 

Are you planning on staying in Stockholm at the conclusion of your cruise? If so, I would recommend staying at a hotel close to the historical city center rather than a hotel near Frihamnen. There aren't many hotels near Frihamnen & it would not be the most convenient area for sightseeing. One of my favorites is the Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel & the location can't be beat IMHO.

https://www.guestreservations.com/radisson-blu-waterfront-hotel-stockholm-stockholm/booking?msclkid=c0aca7274bd011606956c7c2f9e6e8ef

What price range are you looking for?

 

Edited by dogs4fun
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/7/2021 at 9:43 AM, dogs4fun said:

Are you planning on staying in Stockholm at the conclusion of your cruise? If so, I would recommend staying at a hotel close to the historical city center rather than a hotel near Frihamnen. There aren't many hotels near Frihamnen & it would not be the most convenient area for sightseeing. One of my favorites is the Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel & the location can't be beat IMHO.

https://www.guestreservations.com/radisson-blu-waterfront-hotel-stockholm-stockholm/booking?msclkid=c0aca7274bd011606956c7c2f9e6e8ef

What price range are you looking for?

 

Thanks for the recommendation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Ivy86 said:

Thanks for the recommendation. 

 

If you want something more unusual there is Hotel Skeppsholmen
 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hotel+Skeppsholmen/@59.3256565,18.0904334,15.75z/data=!4m8!3m7!1s0x465f711ca9cee9b5:0xf8ee739d6c7426a6!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d59.324751!4d18.0876589

 

Other  then that, there is tons of "regular" hotels:

https://www.google.com/maps/search/Hotell/@59.3348702,18.0959003,14.5z

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 7/10/2021 at 11:24 AM, Desdichado62 said:

What is special about the Skeppsholmen?  I see it's on an island, so more of a retreat?

 

I'm looking for something where we can see some of Stockholm easily; our mobility is somewhat limited.  This would be post-cruise.  My husband's been to Sweden before but not spent time in Stockholm, and I've never been.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2021 at 6:35 PM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

What is special about the Skeppsholmen?  I see it's on an island, so more of a retreat?

 

I'm looking for something where we can see some of Stockholm easily; our mobility is somewhat limited.  This would be post-cruise.  My husband's been to Sweden before but not spent time in Stockholm, and I've never been.  


Skeppsholmen is an old naval yard which makes the environment quite special.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeppsholmen

Skeppsholmen_February_2013.jpg

 

There is a bus stop for bus #65 (departs every about 20 minutes) close to the hotel.
There is also a ferry stop at Skeppsholmen but I think you need to alert the ferry that you want to come along.

If you want central central there are a few hotels around Kungsträdgården, like Hotel Kungsträdgården, Hotel Nobis, Berns, Grand Hotel, which is pretty much as central you can get. These are quite fancy hotels though and I don't know of your price preference.

Slightly further north of Kungsträdgården there are a whole bunch of hotels.

Edited by Desdichado62
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways Announces an Extended Season on the Douro River
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...