Polo shirts

xoxbear

33 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Really ???  Says Who ???  All you have to do is read the Guidelines that the Company requests .

It's not a " power play " --- as that BS some folks post -- It's to maintain a bit of decorum on a few nights of the cruise.

And, I doubt anyone would go into any other restaurant on board wearing tshirts, flip flops, shorts at dinner on any night during the cruise. 

Maybe we should move on from the same old crap about dress codes ???

( Save your replies about Bye Bye etc  ) 

Says Celebrity, if I choose to go to buffet and stay in my shorts all night that’s my voluntary choice or eat a MDR meal in my room.

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Says Celebrity, if I choose to go to buffet and stay in my shorts all night that’s my voluntary choice or eat a MDR meal in my room.

YOU got it --- That's an excellent reply .

( I don't understand a recent reaction with a laughing face-- I didn't think it was meant to be funny ) ??

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

YOU got it --- That's an excellent reply .

( I don't understand a recent reaction with a laughing face-- I didn't think it was meant to be funny ) ??

Me neither. 🤣

Edited by davekathy

9 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Really ???  Says Who ???  All you have to do is read the Guidelines that the Company requests .

It's not a " power play " --- as that BS some folks post -- It's to maintain a bit of decorum on a few nights of the cruise.

And, I doubt anyone would go into any other restaurant on board wearing tshirts, flip flops, shorts at dinner on any night during the cruise. 

Maybe we should move on from the same old crap about dress codes ???

( Save your replies about Bye Bye etc  ) 

Yes really.  Per Celebrity website.  “Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way.”   This leaves a LOT of room for interpretation.  I assure you you will not be turned away in a polo shirt.  Shorts will get you turned away.  Polo shirt, never.  Note that personally I am a fan of and truly miss formal nights. I wear a sport coat on evening chic nights.  

Edited by Sascol
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 8:06 AM, BigAl94 said:

You are mistaken

I have worn shorts and a tee or polo shirt around the ship (not in MDR or other restaurants)  on formal night before Evening Chic was even a thought. You are mistaken.  The evening dress code has only applied to the dining rooms for some time now.

• Like 1

Polo shirt logos.

Man on horse with polo mallet - Ralph Lauren

Alligator - Izod Lacoste

Penguin- Munsingwear

Polo Player on horse similar to RL - Beverly Hills Polo Club

Shark- Greg Norman

Fox -JCPenney

Golden Fleece Sheep- Brooks Brothers

Sails- Nautica

Swoosh- Nike

Three stripes on the trefoil emblem- Adidas

UA- Under Armour

Swordfish- Tommy Bahama

All of these logo Polo Shirt brands and even polos without logos are fine to wear on any night on any cruise line.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Polo shirt logos.

Man on horse with polo mallet - Ralph Lauren

Alligator - Izod Lacoste

Penguin- Munsingwear

Polo Player on horse similar to RL - Beverly Hills Polo Club

Shark- Greg Norman

Fox -JCPenney

Golden Fleece Sheep- Brooks Brothers

Sails- Nautica

Swoosh- Nike

Three stripes on the trefoil emblem- Adidas

UA- Under Armour

Swordfish- Tommy Bahama

All of these logo Polo Shirt brands and even polos without logos are fine to wear on any night on any cruise line.

🙂 I would count the Greg Norman shirt as a golf shirt.  What is the difference?

It's basically the fabric. Polo shirts are made out of pique( a thick double layer knit) and usually have knit collars. Golf shirts are usually made from much thinner knit that usually has some sort of moisture wicking. Golf shirt can have knit collars or the same fabric collars.

6 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

🙂 I would count the Greg Norman shirt as a golf shirt.  What is the difference?

It's basically the fabric. Polo shirts are made out of pique( a thick double layer knit) and usually have knit collars. Golf shirts are usually made from much thinner knit that usually has some sort of moisture wicking. Golf shirt can have knit collars or the same fabric collars.

Golf shirt and polo shirt are the same style shirt collar and 3 buttons. No different you can wear all of them for golf. Greg Norman is just marketed as a golf shirt.  If you play polo you would be wearing a uniform not Polo by Ralph Lauren which is a licensed trademark. Some of these shirts are also marketed as tennis shirts. Adidas is actually a soccer brand.

Edited by Iamcruzin

18 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

If you play polo you would be wearing a uniform not Polo by Ralph Lauren which is a licensed trademark. 

Agreed.  Here is a picture of the proper MDR attire. 🙂

Chakravarty_Cup_2008.jpg

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sascol said:

You truly know cruising is getting back to normal when there is a 4 page thread about what a polo shirt is!

Next topic. Is a Rugby shirt acceptable in the MDR on Casual Chic night?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Why is water polo the most dangerous sport?

Because the horses can't swim

Wait a minute?!  I'm pretty sure they can swim?  I've watched John Wayne movies.

23 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Next topic. Is a Rugby shirt acceptable in the MDR on Casual Chic night?

It's collared so yes. But watch those horizontal stripes- they don't flatter some physiques. 🤑

And untucked,  please. Tucked in just looks dorky.

31 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

This is really a look and I have yet to embrace it.

david-beckham-half-tuck.jpg

I’d go this route, but it would indicate that I didn’t meant to go ‘half tuck’, it means I’m ‘Half Looped’…..or the full enchilada! 

den

12 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

What about a polo hat?  It would seem that a polo hat would be the perfect accompaniment for a polo shirt?  I know that baseball hats are not allowed.

unnamed-2.jpg

Only at lunch time.  Never at dinner.  Gentlemen take their hats off in the restaurant. 

• Like 2