When does SS release GTY Rooms

bohaiboy

When we transferred from the Whisper to the Shadow due to Covid related issues in Norway (borders closed) we were given a GTY Suite which I think means pot luck.  Does anyone know when SS assigns these rooms?

Could be a week after your booking. Could be when you are at the dock waiting to board. And usually sometime in between! 😉 I think 30-60 days before sailing is most common (but others here who have more experience with this will chime in if I'm wrong).

• Like 1

We are 43 days from sailing on the Shadow.  Wondering since SS has this new cancellation policy(cancel up to 30 days from sailing for a FCC) if they may be waiting to see if any people bail on his cruise.

52 minutes ago, Capri73 said:

We are traveling in Dec our suite was assigned last month.

Isnt Cave Creek Chile Beer made there?

On 7/7/2021 at 7:14 PM, bohaiboy said:

When we transferred from the Whisper to the Shadow due to Covid related issues in Norway (borders closed) we were given a GTY Suite which I think means pot luck.  Does anyone know when SS assigns these rooms?

It really is pot luck on when its done too.

I have 3 upcoming sailings, Jan and May 22 and March 23 ....... All got assigned with suite numbers ages ago last summer for the first 2 and Nov 20 for the last one.

5 hours ago, les37b said:

I have 3 upcoming sailings, Jan and May 22 and March 23 ....... All got assigned with suite numbers ages ago last summer for the first 2 and Nov 20 for the last one.

How many of those three were "free" upgrades to a higher class suite?

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Stefan_Cruise said:

We are on the cruise in 14 days and still no cabin # - is this usual?

In June I got my cabin assignment on a Monday for a cruise sailing on the Friday.  It's my only guarantee experience with SS so I can't advise what is "normal." 

• Thanks 1

We scheduled a last minute cruise with a vista gty and found out at least 2 weeks b4 we had a veranda room, so we were happy. We booked another vista gty for a cruise Next year on the dawn and have already been assigned another veranda suite. So both gtys resulted in upgrades to veranda suites, but they were both on the muse type ships . Our first gty was relatively central on deck 5, our gty next year is on Deck 5 , but closer to the front of the ship. Can anyone provide insight on room 505 on the dawn . Is that an undesirable location? Thanks in advance 

• Thanks 1